Poll: If there is option to disable DE roll, you are going to..

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    They can roll greed on a dungeon green, and still have value out of it. No one's saying that all greens belong to the enchanter in the group, at all.

They're saying that the dust/essences should be hands off. Greed roll your green, do what you want with it. Just not a free DE off their ass. I agree.
    it saves everyone time. simple. if they feel that bad about it have teh enchanter get 2g per item that is "d/e" at the end of hte dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    De roll should be available for BOE gear, they could get it done anyway, simplify things.

Bop gear should have it greyed out IMO. That the point of it being bop, or so I thought. Blizz is the king so they can rewrite history if they choose. Enchanting is crazy profitable anyway.
    Did you even read the patch notes about the DE feature when it was implemented?? They specifically put it in because you can't trade the shards that were usually distributed after a dungeon run. Having it work for BoEs on the other hand is pointless and unneeded.

Here's a link with a blue post from Bornakk in it:
    http://www.wowhead.com/blog=128114.2...s-in-patch-3-3
    Last edited by Delaios; 2011-04-21 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    it saves everyone time. simple. if they feel that bad about it have teh enchanter get 2g per item that is "d/e" at the end of hte dungeon.
    No, it saves non-enchanters time.

Deleted
    Question for all Chaos orb users here:

Which one of you will craft me something and wouldn't charge for orb? Ha? Who will give me free orb?

I had to work my ass off to get high lvl enchanting so i could DE those Cata greens and blues and now you get to benefit from it. Let me benefit from your orbs.

I stick to the thought that maelstroms should be BoP like orbs or orbs should be DEable to maelstroms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain here when it comes to losing a DE roll on an item to someone who probably isn't an Enchanter. I've always wanted something implemented where either I had a better chance at rolling a higher number, or disabling the option for other players to DE. But, if you think about this, the Enchanters would sell those materials for a large amount of money, in turn equaling it to be unfair.

But this topic has probably been on the talk since Enchanting came out, so it's a little late on that wagon to try and change it.

Deleted
    Keep it enabled (enchanter myself) saves time.

What bothers me is seeing people STUPIDLY pick disenchant

Like when a 2h axe that vendors for 31G drops , and they pick Disenchant (And hello? The heavenly shard goes for like 15g on AH.... WTF)

The option itself is great, though I do think that only Enchanters should get it. And no, I don't have the profession myself. But if there's a mining node or herb and I'm in the party people don't magically gain the ability to mine or herb them when they don't have the appropriate skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StormyNights View Post
    I think the DE option is great. Saves me the BS hassle of DE'ing items after a run and sorting it all out. What I don't like is that people still choose to greed knowing the DE option is there so they can get it and DE it for themselves. I find that rather annoying.
    Exactly. They give you the loot to DE, you DE it and then what do you do? Ask for rolls, etc. then handing the shards out and whatever. It takes more time than just instantly doing it.

It is what people have been doing even before the feature was implemented. Take un-rolled for loot, give it to an enchanter to DE and they roll on the enchanting stuff. It just makes it more convenient and less time consuming but its still the same thing.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    No, it saves non-enchanters time.
    It also saves enchanters time. They don't have to sit there DE-ing and having people roll and then distributing all those shards or whatever at the end of dungeons.

Deleted
    Personally i don't like it as my main is an enchanter. Herbalists/miners/skinners never need to have everyone roll on something they spent time and effort to level up. Annoys me that i spent my time and effort to level up my enchanting and yet anyone in a dungeon can benefit from my effort and time. Giving the enchanter the option to turn the option on/off would be much much better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BTF777 View Post
    What bothers me is seeing people STUPIDLY pick disenchant

Like when a 2h axe that vendors for 31G drops , and they pick Disenchant (And hello? The heavenly shard goes for like 15g on AH.... WTF)
    I've seen much worse then this. I've seen people roll D/E on BoE gear that sells for 1500g+ in the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    It also saves enchanters time. They don't have to sit there DE-ing and having people roll and then distributing all those shards or whatever at the end of dungeons.
    You are correct, they don't. They might choose to, but they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    I feel the opposite, it should only be allowed on BoP gear and not allowed on BoEs. If a BoP drops and no one can use it, might as well DE it. If a BoE drops it will be worth way more to sell on the AH than the DE mats it provides, and a BoE also allows the item to be taken to an enchanter to be DE'd where a BoP does not.

No, it really isn't.

I have 400k that says otherwise... I never run dungeons either, that is all made from crafting mats bought on the ah. To that end the change had little effect on me, enchants sell for less, and mats cost less. Id be more upset if I ran alot of dungeons I guess.

I don't understand why so many people are against allowing Enchanters the option to have the roll enabled or disabled. I don't mind the feature, I do mind that the choice for every enchanter is made for them, regardless.