Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine how many revisions these patches go through before they are ready? Do you think they had any idea how long some of this stuff would take when they started? I bet not, since it isn't really their style to not release a raid at this point.

Also, people would be screaming for their heads if they estimated a release date and didn't deliver. Better to say it'll be out when it's ready and just have people like you whining about it.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    Almost any other company can set a release date for a product and stick to it? Why can't Blizzard? We PAY for this service. I want a release date.
    Tantrum over yet ?

I'd rather have the release be a pleasant surprise one morning than be given a release date just to get all pissed off when they can't meet the deadline.

they never set a date for any patch , go rage qq somewhere else or just quit the game

Deleted
    This thread made me rofl, i was feeling pretty crappy but now I am more cheered up, thanks OP you made my day, now back to school with you.

Deleted
    Almost any other company can set a release date for a product and stick to it? Why can't Blizzard? We PAY for this service. I want a release date.
    When It's Done ™

You can stop paying if it doesn't suit you, you aren't entitled to squat

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said it once and I'll say it again.
    If a turtle had sex with a snail it would be named blizzard.
    ffs they're taking their time with 4.1 and it doesn't even have fire lands >.<

Deleted
    Patches aren't the product, they're bonuses. They don't even need to patch the game at all so quit your "I give blizzard monies" bullshit. As far as I can remember, Blizzard have NEVER announced 'release dates' on a Patch.

People who talk about all of this "I pay for the game" crap annoy the hell out of me in case you couldn't tell. It's £9/$15 a month, suck it up. If something so small is making you think twice about paying that kind of money, you're probably better off quitting completely to save yourself that money.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2011-04-19 at 02:06 PM.

Well, I shouldn't say this but I can tell that the OP and a few others are desperate for this sort of information. I'm super-platinum-gold-titanium* Blizzard subscriber, so they tell me the information for all this stuff via e-mail. Patch release dates, content being release and in which patch for every expansion. I already know what the next expansion is and they send me screenshots from Titan. Because of my subscription status I'm allowed/able to offer you these perks for only 18.99 a month.

Oh right...it's another one of these threads...we've seen them forever and ever, at least for me since, 2007.

*Is not intended to be a factual Blizzard subscriber status.

10+ Year Old Account
    The simple reason is that giving a release date for a patch has almost no benefit to either Blizzard of its customers, but potential drawbacks if they need to then delay the release to fix a nasty bug that's taking longer than expected or which popped up late in development.

Whereas NOT giving a release date has some benefit to Blizzard, so they can ensure the patch has some polish before pushing it live.

The only reason they give a release date for expansions is because those are sold, and ensuring people know when it will be available improves sales.

There is literally no reasonable reason for Blizzard to provide a release date for patches. Nobody benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    They are simply adding more crap to it to try and bulk the patch up and then claim it as a "Content Patch". Its really not. I personally had no issue with them reusing ZG-ZA when I thought the patch was going to be released early, circa a month and a half ago, but this time scale is just getting silly now. Also don't respond with "Firelands is on time, we are getting this early" as by this rate, Firelands will probably not be ready until September at the earliest, so if your honestly thinking that Catas's first content patch was scheduled for a September release, 9 months after initial launch, then your a very deluded person indeed.
    This patch has a metric crapton of technical changes and system alterations in it, which take a LOT of time tweaking and editing on Blizzard's end. THAT is why 4.1 is taking so long. 4.2 will come MUCH faster because it will only contain new raid(s) [still don't believe Firelands is it] plus some class changes that come with every patch. Perhaps a few bug fixes. 4.1 is paving the way for 4.2, on top of fixing a LOT of errors that have been in-game since Cata's release due to Activision forcing a release in time for Christmas sales. If it were Blizzard's choice, we probably wouldn't have gotten Cataclysm until somewhere from late January to the middle of February.

Deleted
    Okay, in case a mod sees this - is it considered trolling, or a problem, to keep spouting this 'WoW is run by a B team' rot? We've already had it refuted by a blue post, and obv. Blizzard is taking a hard line on it on their forums, just wondered what the MMO-C stance is on this?

Cheers also, Soon! tm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Question was answered and now it is just flaming of the OP.

Hint for future posts: Using the phrases "I demand" or "I deserve" just cause aggression from other forum posters. If you are polite and politically correct, there will be much less flaming of your thread and much more success.

Locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiysper View Post
    Okay, in case a mod sees this - is it considered trolling, or a problem, to keep spouting this 'WoW is run by a B team' rot? We've already had it refuted by a blue post, and obv. Blizzard is taking a hard line on it on their forums, just wondered what the MMO-C stance is on this?

Cheers also, Soon! tm.
    Hmmm. I wish, but we can't expect everyone to read blue posts all the time, even though I wish they did.

I would recommend linking the Blizzard post and quoting it every time somebody spouts that nonsense though. You can also link to the Jobs page at Blizzard where they are recruiting basically the entire Titan team from scratch (tons of Lead positions open).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines