Thread: 4.1 Heroics.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahgoots View Post
    I hope they're like WOLK dungeons, 15 min runs, etc. This waiting in line for 30 mins, plus 30 min runs is annoying, especially when you have a life. Who cares about the difficulty, as long as the runs are short.

Question to those that have run them on the PTR, are they all bosses, like old ZG/ZA, or split up into multiple instances? I'd much prefer 2-3 bosses per run.
    I agree with this, atm running heroics is just for justice points for heirlooms anyways, they aren't hard, just long and boring.

Easy and Fast is much better than Easy, Long and boring

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxr View Post
    People also have to learn that causal players only get to do dungeons as they do not have time to devote to be a raider on any level.
    so because a person is a "casual" that automatically means they never raid and only do dungeons? that has to be one of the dumbest comments i've seen on these forums. there are plenty of casual raiding guilds out there.

All I really care about is being able to sit down on the weekend, do a ZA run or two, a ZG run or two, be VP capped (to sell boots and buy conquest gear) and not have to worry about VP for the rest of the week combined with my 25 man raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by pakalolo View Post
    so because a person is a "casual" that automatically means they never raid and only do dungeons? that has to be one of the dumbest comments i've seen on these forums. there are plenty of casual raiding guilds out there.
    casual raiding guilds are usually horribly progressed though

if you are on here saying "I hope the heroics are easy because I have a life and I need my fast runs". if you have a "life" and don't have the time to dedicate to the game then, one, why the hell are you on here? and, two, just how long did it take you to reach 85 in wow? if it took you a few weeks you have a lot of playtime available to you, and if it took you a few months then I can see that you really might have some time issues.

as for the 4.1 heroics, I hope they're hard. the first tier of cata heroics are really really easy, and the most I've wiped in them in the past few months is maybe twice in a single run. and that was due to my own stupidity on one occasion. most runs tho go pretty smoothly. harder heroics might bring me back to wanting to play lvl capped characters again.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    i do miss 1 shots on clothies who overagrod trash, felt like agro was more of a thing to be monitored carefully instead of like now where in a heroic at least any one can tank a mob for ~5 secs before falling over.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxr View Post
    People also have to learn that causal players only get to do dungeons as they do not have time to devote to be a raider on any level.
    My only problem with this is that those "casual players" that get carried though heroic dungeons for epic quality loot then decide "oh hey I'm geared enough to try a raid." But they don't actually bother to learn to play at that level. And when you start looking for players to fill a couple spots for your raid, you never know what quality of player you're going to get unless you sit there and ask them 50 questions + Armory before inviting them. You may be thinking that I don't need to be so elitist about who I invite, and to take the time to teach them. But when I have a 9/10 guild full raid, adding a scrub I have to hold their hand through the raid isn't fun. I join/lead full PuGs for that, and gladly accept the delay for learning.

I have no problem with the content being easy enough for casuals, but if that is the case then the loot should not be epic quality. Casual players need to realize that if they aren't going to put the time in that other people do, then they aren't going to get the same perks. It's no different than anything else in life: The people who spend more time learning, understanding, and perfecting something are generally going to get more benefit out of whatever it is they are doing than those that just show up and say "hey I want to try this, how do I do it?" Then after they "do it" they don't really care exactly how it was done.
    Last edited by CailinUaigneach; 2011-04-19 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Nerf or not, It makes my alts have more gear. Meaning I don't have to be bored!

So nerf away as I clear content away!

See what I did thar?
    Exactly more nerfs i dont want to spend the long hours gearing up my alts !!!!

"Waaaah, I want heroics to be hard so I'm special because I'm elite and only people like me can go through them, to heck with other people" rapidly leads to "waaaah, why can't Blizzard release the next patch already, I'm booooored!"

Congratulations, you blasted through heroics within a week, you've blasted through the current raids, and can't understand that running heroics in your raid gear makes it easier. Good on you. Now go sit in the corner for a few minutes while the rest of the class - you remember, the ones you like to put down to make yourself feel better about yourself - finishes their heroics with heroic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    casual raiding guilds are usually horribly progressed though
    Serious Raiders are horrible basement shut ins with no life... look, i can make generalizations too.

Heroics were hard in the beginning of Cataclysm when everyone going in there was in 333 gear. Wrath of the Lich King was the exact same way the first month. Then people gathered gear, learned the strategies, and it was much easier.

When the ICC dungeons were introduced, those were hard, too. Then people gathered gear, learned the strategies, and they became a faceroll.

Cataclysm is the same way. It’s hard at first, people gather gear and learn what to do, and then they complain it’s too easy. The only way it’s going to stay hard is if the encounters change every time you zone in. That’s the only way we’re going to stop people from complaining about them being easy. Instead, we’ll have people complaining they’re too darn hard, why the hell do the strategies have to change every time, etc.

You just can’t keep people happy. They’re always going to be complaining about something.

Just accept that you’re going to start out gearing the current content at some point and it’ll be trivial. That’s just how this game works. The Zandalar dungeons will be the exact same way.

By the way, if you want current content to be hard, run a crap ton of normals again, gather all the 333 gear for your class and spec, and then go run heroics in that gear over and over again. I guarantee it’ll be much harder. It’s even better when you can get the rest of the group to do it 333 gear, too. Or if you don’t want to gather the gear, just take off a few pieces of your epic gear. It’ll give the same effect. Still too easy? Take off another piece until it gets down to the desired level.
    Last edited by caninepawprints; 2011-04-19 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Rurumiki View Post
    That and I guess I ran BC heroics to death, forced CC is boring. Obliterating everything and healbotting a fury warrior "tank" is fun to me. I just feel that heroics should be something fun to gear up with, if you want hard trash to one shot you go raid. :S
    Oddly it feels like in this release set of content in Cata, they flipped the whole notion on its head, as the raid trash actually feels easier than a lot of the heroic trash.

from what ive seen on beta - in 359/372 its decent(not exactly the easiest, but pleasant), but they could provide a challenge for a say 350ish group

Quote Originally Posted by Magisleeper View Post
    I enjoyed the difficulty of cata heroic and even normals when they first came out before a 15% LFD buff. Even then if you have a full group you can bypass the gear requirement as before, the gear req is only for the LFD tool. To me this means I get to go have fun with my guild groups again because non of our raiders want to run heroics anymore and refuse to put up with the players in LFD.

People often talk about how they want 3 levels of difficulty for stuff well here ya go.

Cata Normals - Easy
    Cata 4.0 Hero- Medium
    Cata 4.1 Hero- Hard (I hope)
    Cata Raids - Suicide mode (at least for the casuals who want pinata loot)

Please guys, stop trying to take away all challange from the game. Some stuff should be hard.
    The problem is not the difficulty, its how long it takes to complete one. After completing one, most people don't have the time to run another. Even with maximum geared, with no cc something like Grim batol takes 40 mins to complete fully. Blizz should at least add optional bosses or reduce the trash. Not to mention, the heroics don't provide much interesting lore anymore.

I did both ZA and ZG at 355 ilvl with a 355 ilvl tank and the pulls can get VERY demanding. Not talking like Grim Batol demanding but the gauntlet event in ZA will trash a group that isn't already familiar with how they have to do things in either dungeon. That plus all the bugs when I did it made it HARD. Not hard to the point where we gave up, but hard enough that you would probably want to do this with friends who will spend the time to learn them.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeless View Post
    We got a thug here guys
    Heroics are srs.

I only have 1 raiding character, my shaman. In BC & Wrath, I juggled 3 or 4 raiders and it was far too time consuming to get errbody geared. Now, I can just raid on my shaman and then plow through heroics on my druid, paladin, priest, hunter and rogue in a moderately casual manner.

There are different degrees of difficulty for the game, as there are different quality of players. If people don't want hard dungeons, don't do the hard dungeons. If people don't want things to be too easy, don't do the easy dungeons. I for one do not look forward to pugs barking at me to pull faster in ZG/ZA.

I just hope that getting the Bear Mount is about as hard as getting the volcanic stone drake. I'd love to have something hard to do on alts with guildies.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papalenin View Post
    I just hope that getting the Bear Mount is about as hard as getting the volcanic stone drake. I'd love to have something hard to do on alts with guildies.
    Not even close sir

Challenging heroics are all well and good....at first. After awhile though...I just want my damn VP. I think most people fall into this category; its fun at first but once you've done them for a while the novelty wears off and you just want to get in and out ASAP.

IMO the people who want the game to be constantly challenging are the ones who play 14+ hours every day, basically living at the computer and would love it if you had to solve some super-hard elite level Sudoku or something just to log into WoW. I.E.the worst kind of fascist nerd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to remember that Cata Tier 1 Heroics took my static group probably like.. a week? two? where they were still really challenging. Once we'd all capped our rep and were in full 346/359 loot and raid ready, we stopped CCing and just plowed through.

I'm hoping ZA/ZG runs on the same basic level of difficulty progression. Give us a couple frustrating weeks and then have it turn into a pleasant daily farm.