Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ghostly Experiences.

Thats right, you heard me!

This thread is about Ghostly experiences in your life.

If you dont believe in ghosts, thats absolutely fine by me, but please dont feel like you have to tell us.
    If any religious debate is started, I'll turn this thread around.

I'll start with my own story.

I'm in a performing arts course at the moment, and last year I was chosen to go to France with the rest of the second year performing arts group. (I was a first year.)
    We were staying in an old seminary. (A seminary is a place where Monks go to train.)
    Anyways, me and the lads went down one level to have chat with the girls. (Not in that way, we just wanted to have some other people to talk too.) I forgot my key, so I rushed back up to grab it. As I went downstairs (Spiral staircase) I saw a tall girl with long black hair who was wearing all black (Just plain black clothes.) in the corner of my eye. She saw me and ran down the corridoor. She didnt make a sound, as she was barefoot. I didnt think anything of it, and kept on walking. As I got to the corridoor, I saw everyone leaving their rooms in great confusion, one girl was crying.

Apparently, they heard a loud screeching down the hall, like a woman was on fire or something, and what sounded like large boulders crashing down the corridoor. I thought this was bullshit of course, as all I heard was the light pitter patter of her feet, but my tutors started coming out to question the noise aswell, they looked very shell shocked.

I explained what I saw, and they all went white. They all believe I saw a ghost of a woman. We checked every room and not a single woman with long black hair was found, and there was no way she could make it downstairs, as the end of the hall was a dead end. We even checked the empty rooms. (After much persuading.)

Anyways, whether this was a ghost or not, I guess it can definitely count as a 'Ghostly Experience.'

Tl;dr: Scary ghost, WoooOOOoooOOOoo!

Your turn.
    Last edited by Clempson; 2011-04-19 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never had any. And want to continue that way.

I repeatedly had that kind of experience, but with djinns. I used to have sleepovers in cousin's house many times when i was young. her house was built surrounding what once was place of a minor indian hindu lord's estate, who lost it in a battle with muslim invaders. The house was surrounding a battlefield. Few miles away Muslim rulers created a mosque like structure called Darga (where they bury dead). The place where the house was built was once a graveyard too. So, you could imagine what kinds of crap there now. Once, the Darga was built, all the craps from there moved into the location where her house is built. Some djiins are peaceful, while others are downright scary. Servants in the house does not last long. They are always scared, don't want to sleep alone. Not to mention, they had three takeovers like exorcism in the servants and once in my cousin. Few months ago, i went back to my country and lived there again. This time i had a premonition or vision or lucid dream whatever u want to call it when i was sleeping and had a conversation with one of them. it warned me that my cousin does not love me anymore. she has moved on. I proposed anyway. and find out the djinn was right. should have listened

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    As a kid me and my friends use to think a kid down the street was murdered by his mom when the kid disappeared. Some of my friends even claimed to of have seen the kid's silhouette in his backyard near a tombstone, and yet only to see him dissipate when they get closer to investigate. While others claimed they've had strange dreams about him and the tombstone.

Needless to say we were quite freaked out when he came back from camp that summer.

Edit: Spell Edit.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-04-19 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    This one time I was at an Italian restaurant and all of a sudden I got this horrible chill. There was this odd pecking noise, next thing I know there are chickens everywhere, cows stampeding through the place, pigs upturning tables and fish, well the fish weren't a real bother I must say.

Needless to say, scary stuff.

When I was little me, my friends and the older kids used to see a dark silhouette of a person lurking in the woods in the distance while in it and while outside it and looking into the woods, used to move really fast everywhere whenever you saw it. Maybe it was a REALLY athletic pedophile, I duno. Creepy though. Haven't seen it for a while so probably everyones child imagination going crazy and since everyone claimed to see it that most likely boosted my imagination to seeing it xD.

There's also apparently a ghost of a sheep? which lurks around the bunkers of the airfield which is close by. Never seen it or had a 'ghostly' experience on there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    As a kid me and my friends use to think a kid down was murdered by mom when the kid disappeared. Some of my friends even claimed to have see the kid's silhouette in his backyard near a tombstone only for him to dissipate when they get closer to investigate. While others say they've had strange dreams about him.

Needless to say we were quite freaked out when he came back from camp that summer.
    By 'Mom'?

Can I get a better explanation? Like, YOUR Mom?
    Last edited by Clempson; 2011-04-19 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    I repeatedly had that kind of experience, but with djinns. I used to have sleepovers in cousin's house many times when i was young. her house was built surrounding what once was place of a minor indian hindu lord's estate, who lost it in a battle with muslim invaders. The house was surrounding a battlefield. Few miles away Muslim rulers created a mosque like structure called Darga (where they bury dead). The place where the house was built was once a graveyard too. So, you could imagine what kinds of crap there now. Once, the Darga was built, all the craps from there moved into the location where her house is built. Some djiins are peaceful, while others are downright scary. Servants in the house does not last long. They are always scared, don't want to sleep alone. Not to mention, they had three takeovers like exorcism in the servants and once in my cousin. Few months ago, i went back to my country and lived there again. This time i had a premonition or vision or lucid dream whatever u want to call it when i was sleeping and had a conversation with one of them. it warned me that my cousin does not love me anymore. she has moved on. I proposed anyway. and find out the djinn was right. should have listened

ummm why did you propose to your cousin.Ive heard of keeping it in the family,but that's not intended for other family members

Deleted
    This is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the thread title.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrPte1uijDw

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    ummm why did you propose to your cousin.Ive heard of keeping it in the family,but that's not intended for other family members
    Forgot to mention, she is my cousin by blood or anything close to blood. Cousin is the only word close to i could find in english language translation.

i think he meant the kids mom but i think it was his mom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    By 'Mom'?

Can I get a better explanation? Like, YOUR Mom?
    Yeah I meant his mom. I fail at life.

i had a experience similar to the op i was on vacation with my family at this island of the coast of india and while we were at the hotel (it was a hotel hit by the tsunami a while back) anyways one night i awoke to a knocking at my door i thought it was my sister who was in the room next door. i open the door with no one there so i go back into my room and go to the balcony and take a seat and while im there i notice a a girl standing by the courtyard just wondering i watched her for a while but the moment i turn away and look back the girl wasnt there. i told my family and they said i was probably tired and hallucinated the whole thing.( it was my sister at the door she was just trying to be funny)

Once when I was home alone I suddenly heard like a yell from downstairs. Not really a yell, but a really really light voice kind of yelling. I was upstairs for a long time before I actually went down to check. Grabbed a knife from the kitchen and went down the stairs. I entered every room and saw nothing until I was to go into the bathroom. Nothing there either, but suddenly I saw in the mirror how a darkish hand suddenly closed one of the doors with a high speed. I just ran out of the house and called the police. They investigated the house thinking it was a thief who had done it to scare me or something. But I doubt that.

It has haunted my dreams ever since, and it was 7 years ago.
    Last edited by Upptagen; 2011-04-19 at 04:44 PM.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Yeah I meant his mom. I fail at life.
    No problem, all I wanted was a clear explanation and I got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen View Post
    Once when I was home alone I suddenly heard like a yell from downstairs. Not really a yell, but a really really light voice kind of yelling. I was upstairs for a long time before I actually went down to check. Grabbed a knife from the kitchen and went down the stairs. I entered every room and saw nothing until I was to go into the bathroom. Nothing there either, but suddenly I saw in the mirror how a darkish hand suddenly closed one of the doors with a high speed. I just ran out of the house and called the police. They investigated the house thinking it was a thief who had done it to scare me or something. But I doubt that.

It has haunted my dreams ever since, and it was 7 years ago.
    fucking creepy id be scared shit less to go near that room

Deleted
    We're living in pretty much an average house, and I was doing my average midnight weekend farming. Until an old toy car from my early childhood decided to turn itself on and drive from the closet, falling on the floor. Already took all batteries out of old toys, long ago, but it seems like we skipped one. The on/off button was pretty much halfway, but why suddenly turn on after so many years? Might or might not really be ghostly, but sure scared the crap out of me. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Ravlon View Post
    This is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the thread title.
    pretty sure somewhere near the end of the song she said "snort the ghostie".

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once when I was a little boy I found myself waking up in the middle of the night, by a rather bright, yellow light in the corner of my room. It was a silhouette of a little girl, with a football/basketball under her left arm. I was 5 years old and was freaked out, cried and never felt a fear like that till today. Strange thing is, my little sister died 2 days before that appearance occured. I talked to some Spiritual people about that, and they say that it was it was definitely my lil' sis saying goodbye.

But I don't believe in that crap, I think that I just was dreaming or something else...

I live in south-eastern Ohio, USA, fairly close to several supposedly haunted sites, including The Horseshoe Grave, the JC Prison (where the movie Brubaker was filmed) (I should add that I had permission to visit the prison, as many people were prosecuted for trespassing who visited) and Mudhouse Mansion. I've never been to the last one, but I've personally visited the other two (the prison has since been torn down). I didn't experience anything at the prison, but at the grave site we thought we saw the blue light mentioned in the article... It could have all been our imagination, as we were pretty young (15-16), but it was spooky none-the-less.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-19 at 05:26 PM.