Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I bet when I lie in bed with that cute 20 year old hot brunette and am about to die peacefully my thoughts will be about this article - can I have those 3 min of my life back? The guy must have written political speeches - so much text so little info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Homoziation is a dirty a word.

Age of Empires was an awesome game, until v3 ruined it a bit. I hope the online version is as good.

...and guess who was the game designer for it? Mr Blue crab himself, Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Another completely milquetoast blog from GC, this time spending way too much space talking about a non-issue nobody actually cares about, as opposed to his usual fare of spending way too much space taking absolutely no concrete position and spouting platitudes about an issue people actually do care about!
    While what you said about his posts is true, I'm not sure which one is the worse... his 'milquetoast blog' does get casual people thinking about things they normally wouldn't, whereas when he replied to threads he usually just provided a short answer to simple questions, and avoided questions which required "I don't know" or "it wouldn't work" answers. So I'd argue that what he wrote before served no purpose but to show he was on the forums, but what he's doing now benefits at least the casuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    We’ve been considering whether healing is too strong in PvP anyway. You may have noticed that we made the tooltips for Mortal Strike and equivalent debuffs intentionally vague for 4.1. As I write this, those debuffs are still at 10% healing, but we’re concerned that healing is too hard to counter and we might change that number. Changing it back to 50% would probably lead to the Mortal Strike debuff being mandatory for Arena comps again, but we never got much of a chance to see its effects at say 20%.

Yes, cause that won't make it "mandatory" to have an arms in the comp (Above 2s)
    Blizz is just full of shrewd people.. (NOT), when will you face the fact that you can't balance it out EVER until you start working on that 4th tree for all classes that's purely for pvp..

GC took the long boat to China to announce the prelude to a PvP healing nerf.

Amusing as it is to watch that message go right over most of their heads, I suppose you can't blame people for not seeing it when he's going off about homogenization and other side-winding nonsense aimed purposely at not just spitting it out. Some of them got it, but most of them are in la-la land.

He's got to aim at crit to nerf healing because that's the only thing that won't touch PvE and right now, they can't afford to piss them all off. They can't even afford to piss off PvP healers either, but it looks like that's what he's up to next. Not that this should even be an issue, but they're going to make it one whether healers like it or not.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TurdChef View Post
    Homoziation is a dirty a word.

Age of Empires was an awesome game, until v3 ruined it a bit. I hope the online version is as good.

...and guess who was the game designer for it? Mr Blue crab himself, Ghostcrawler
    Yep. Back when he was Greg "DeathShrimp" Street.

Today he's a crabby dev at Blizzard who listens to nonsense that healers are OP in PvP and must be nerfed. Talk about losing sight of what the word NEW idea means. All I see is changing stuff around and nothing NEW in the way of ideas that challenge people but don't screw with character identity.

I think GC is capable based on the work done thus far with Vashj'ir, Throne of Tides, etc. But I think he surrounds himself with people who are too caught up in being OP themselves that work within that company.

Ghost crawler is an Idiot who has lost the plot.

The designs of the class's are horrible, the extreme grinding of the game is reason i have stopped playing.
    Their is no originality in the game.

Raiding sucked as a healer as most of the 1st lot of raids require so much timing to make it fun.
    Any lag or misshape cause a wipe and i keep up on reading the forums and see no change to this design.
    The only way cata will become fun is if GC and his idiot crews is.

1. split pvp and pve (this is a must)

2. bring back casual into the game (i never see this happening)

3. GC and is idiots are removed and bring new people who understand what are the major failings of the game and try and repair them