Deleted

WoW needs more voice actors?

It's me again, yeah, in a thread, that might be another complaints thread, just like the one about graphics.

Sorry, if you don't feel to good with that, but there is one more thing that makes me frustrated and I feel a really strong need to share it.
    And sorry, if this has been mentioned before - haven't noticed.

OK, the thing is - in my opinion WoW lacks voice actors. Remember ICC? Surely you do! Well, you see, Lady Deathwhisper, Dreamwalker and Sindragosa were given the voice of the same person, which I didn't like. Not only they were 3 out of 12 encounters in a single instance, but usually you got to fight Sindra right after helping the Dreamwalker and... well it got me confused at times.

Not that I didn't like Sindra's voice, actually what she yells out there is cool and I still can hear it!

And again, the guy that gave voice to Nefarian in BWD now, I swear I have heard this voice at least in 3 more instances / raids.

I could give plenty of examples, but that's not the point.

The question is: Do you think WoW needs more people to be involved in voice acting? Doesn't it frustrate you that you hear the same woman every expansion giving voices to bosses that don't have anything to do with one another?

And yes, while Blizzard earns A LOT of money, they can afford more actors - and I don't mean stars and celebrities, no, just actors.
    It would be extremely easy to do that, not like in the graphics, engines and things case, am I rite?

Personally, I feel that EVERY male raid-boss, should be voiced by the same actor as Lord Marrowgar, and he should have a BOOOOONESTOOOORM variation in each fight.

Just me though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    Personally, I feel that EVERY male raid-boss, should be voiced by the same actor as Lord Marrowgar, and he should have a BOOOOONESTOOOORM variation in each fight.

Just me though.
    That got me laughing actually! Hehe.

Imagine a shrieky voice yelling "boneeeestooorm" like a kid. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if they hire competent VAs, or just random members of Metzen's cleaning staff to try recording a few lines.

Take Lor'themar Theron. I was over the moon when he got a new voice.

Not so much after listening to it.

Chris Metzen should voice every character.

Yes, even females.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorian View Post
    And again, the guy that gave voice to Nefarian in BWD now, I swear I have heard this voice at least in 3 more instances / raids.
    Chris Metzen. also voices Thrall, Algalon and many others ^_^

Imo, just get Quinton Flynn to do all the voice overs. That man, knows what he's doing. For example, Kael'thas Sunstrider, and I'm still thinking he did Illhoof in Karazhan, yet I could be wrong, his wiki/imdb file only says he did Kael, along with a crap ton of video games/anime works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toskorae View Post
    Chris Metzen. also voices Thrall, Algalon and many others ^_^
    Yeah, sorry, I was thinking - "Is is Metzen or not?"

Because I've read about it and forgot.

Still, Metzen's voice ain't a bad one, just... just don't make it appear so often lol!

The quality of the voice acting in the recent expansion is lacking I must say. Some of them are laughable bad.