Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Why the hell is the NHL so insanly popular compared to the NBA on MMO-champ?

Like it, but is there a reason ...?

NHL fights, NBA fakes falling when glanced and gets hurt elbows
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

This is just a theroy, and mgiht be slightly racist, but, its because more white people play wow, and hockey is more of a white sport than basket ball, even tho white people do watch and play it, more watch and play hockey.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    This is just a theroy, and mgiht be slightly racist, but, its because more white people play wow, and hockey is more of a white sport than basket ball, even tho white people do watch and play it, more watch and play hockey.
    That's not racist, and it's true.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    That's not racist, and it's true.
    I dont think its racist either, but not everyone thinks like me.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I'm Canadian and hockey is a niche sport at best. LONG LIVE BASEBALL!

I dont think its racist either, but not everyone thinks like me.
    It's the kind of blatantly obvious answer that's likely to get called racist anyway.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Or maybe because the NBA is a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by petninja View Post
    Or maybe because the NBA is a joke?
    This is also true, though I personally think the same thing of going to see a fight and having a hockey game break out.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    even if it were, racism is in the intent, not the words. That's also true.

You people are being silly, there are no black people on the internet...

OT: Because basketball players run around a tiny court with no real "strategy" and just throw balls into an open hoop. I don't understand what is so special about the game. Soccer, hockey, at least you can see passing and speed and, I don't know how to explain it, it's just better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about it, in the NHL each team is filled with good competative players, in the NBA each good "team" is carried by that one good player. Since the cavs lost lebron, they now have the worst record...

GO HAWKS!!! DO OR DIE!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    /shrug

I couldn't name 3 basketball players. not my thing. I'll watch anything else though.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You people are being silly, there are no black people on the internet...

OT: Because basketball players run around a tiny court with no real "strategy" and just throw balls into an open hoop. I don't understand what is so special about the game. Soccer, hockey, at least you can see passing and speed and, I don't know how to explain it, it's just better.
    If you don't like basketball because it just ain't your thing, fine. But don't be so ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal preference and coincidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of Canadians around here!

NBA - you get touched it's a foul
    NHL - you get touched, you shrug the guy off, if you cant shrug him off, one of your team mates shrugs him off for you, ref goes "ah whatever" no foul

Aint none of us here because we play Hello Kitty Goes Shopping on a regular basis, ergo we prefer our sports to be a bit more physical.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Seems to me that hockey is more of a younger generation thing. It can be supposed that a good majority of posters here are of the younger generation (babies-30ish), therefore the NBA lovers actually watch their games and don't bring the random bullshit and bitching to MMO-C because they know better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    Seems to me that hockey is more of a younger generation thing. It can be supposed that a good majority of posters here are of the younger generation (babies-30ish), therefore the NBA lovers actually watch their games and don't bring the random bullshit and bitching to MMO-C because they know better.
    or the nhl is just better