Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the team doing Starcraft II is the same team that did all the warcraft games.

So until Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the void hit the markets there is no hope.
    But I'm pretty sure warcraft 4 will come after they are done with the starcraft II expansions.

I mean there is so so so so so so much lore in warcraft and you can always just write more.
    Warcraft 4 will come some day.

They could do a Warcraft 4. It would require a considerable amount of forward planning and a LOT of timing, but it could be done. Basically, they'd have to aim to release Warcraft 4 in... Let's say 6 years. Once they've solidified the story, then they need to use the upcoming WoW expansions as a "backstory," aiming to time the release of Warcraft 4 so that the expansion immediately prior to it sets up the story of Warcraft 4, which would then lead to a sizable expansion to redo the world to account for the changes in WC4, or to bridge the gap between WoW and a theoretical WoW2.

However, realistically, trying to coordinate the release of one game with the expansion releases of another game, on the kind of timetables Blizzard uses, would be extraordinarily difficult and seems very unlikely.

I could actually see a Warcraft 4 coming out before WoW's finished.

The only problem is WC4 would focus on lore and content that has already been covered in WoW.

So it'd be same shit, different playstyle.

And honestly, I don't hate that. There's some moments in the past 6 years of WoW lore that would be pretty damn cool to play as an RTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    I could actually see a Warcraft 4 coming out before WoW's finished.

The only problem is WC4 would focus on lore and content that has already been covered in WoW.

So it'd be same shit, different playstyle.

And honestly, I don't hate that. There's some moments in the past 6 years of WoW lore that would be pretty damn cool to play as an RTS.
    Yeah, all of TBC and Wrath would be great for an RTS with all the active bases going on in them, along with unseen events that are only mentioned in quest text.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    the problem is WC had a story which WoW is completING - ING is the key word. Technically there is no way to make a story for WC4 since the story is WoW and its happening.

However, they could do something cool like importing your character into WC4 from WoW and then playing it as an RPG-ish missions. But with Titan coming in a few years I just dont see why would they start a WC4.
    Theres nothing to stop them writing more story. Cataclysm was new lore for example