Deleted

Unhappy Atramedes hard mode 10 man

This week my guild has been looking at some hard modes. We have downed halfus and decided to take a look at chimaren and atramedes. We think we know how to deal woth chim now so id like to ask some questions regarding atramedes.

We use the tactics were we all stack except the tank, we have a mage blink out and use a gong for the searing flames. The issue we have been having with this fight is after the searing flame everyones health is around 20-30% (maybe slightly more). The healers (HPala, Rdruid, Hpriest) then continue to heal everyone as quick as possible but sadly each time before the next modulation we lose someone at the modulation. I think we counted 4 seconds between the searing flames and the next modulation.
    I believe the sound would have been reset from the searing flames and im guessing then were eigher taking too much damage from searing flames originally or being unlucky getting modulation so quickly after the flames each time. I dont think the healers are slacking they all pull above 10k hps.
    Im trying to get the pala to use aura mastery on the searing flames but on a 2 minute cooldown it wont be ready for the next searing flames..
    Is there a trick or something we are maybe missing?
    Our other setup is a Warrior Tank, Warrior , dk , rogue , hunter, mage, boomkin

Many thanks.

Deleted
    Have to interrupt after first hit, can't have a second. Sounds like you are getting a second, because I can't recall myself going <40% due to the searing flames. No one should be getting hit by disks or any other damage though.

We used the stacking technique for 3 tries, didn't work, we spread out loosely like normal mode and we kill it on our 4th attempt (we did magmaw > maloriak > halfus hm's so far). I was disappointed, it felt exactly like normal mode, but now I have to interrupt and kill an add if I get (un)lucky, the rest is the same.

So, no more than 1 searing flames tick.
    Also, tell people to use a defensive cd if you are still having trouble. DK can AMS pretty much all damage (will be up for every searing flame), rogue can probably cloak, hunter might be able to deterence (not sure), mage can IB, boomkin can... whatever its called again.
    What might also help is getting your priest to shield everyone pre-flame. If you stick to stacking tactic, could even go disc and put down a barrier on everyone as well!

aura mastery will always be ready for searing flame so just make him hit that. and have someone with low latency do the gongs. we usually end up on 80% hp after the searing flame, dunno how you get as low as 20%

on each searing flame - dk can ams, rogue can feint, mage can absorb most of it, boomkin can barkskin, pala can DP(glyphed), rdruid can barkskin, if people do that you wont have much problems even if u miss a 2nd tick(which shouldnt happen unless your clicker has high MS(check that too))

Quote Originally Posted by kardar View Post
    aura mastery will always be ready for searing flame so just make him hit that. and have someone with low latency do the gongs. we usually end up on 80% hp after the searing flame, dunno how you get as low as 20%
    same with raid wall if you have a prot paladin, the cd for it will come up just in time for the next searing flame

Deleted
    How many ticks of the searing flame goes off? You shouldn't get more then 1. And if the dmg is too much, have everyone use cooldowns on the searing flames which also should mitigate some of the dmg from modulation.

Have as many as possible stacked for aoe heals also to quickly top everyone.

Download the addon - Atremedes Shield Clicker and i will never get more than 1 tic on searing flames if you do then your bad. but really get that addon, and make sure the person witht he addon (prob the mage) starts walking tot he gong about 5 secs before searing flame is going to be cast since the addon will make a huge unclikeable wall on the screen and he will have to keyboard turn and stuff like that to move one he is next to the gong spam click the gong (the addon wont let u hit it till so u can spam click) and once the wall goes off u will hit that gong like a champ.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically what everyone has said so far - Use personal CDs and make sure you're only getting one tick of searing flame. Heck if your clicker is as good as ours, 75% of the time we get no ticks. If you have Paladins to pop DG, have them do that. And you say you have a Pally, Priest, Druid heals - Use their CDs. Before we got pretty awesome at clicking we would use DG from our tank + Aura from H pally for first. Then 2nd searing was DG + Divine Hymn. 3rd searing was DG + Tranq. Then we also had our spriest pop his DH when needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamblingswarm View Post
    Download the addon - Atremedes Shield Clicker and i will never get more than 1 tic on searing flames if you do then your bad.
    This.
    From 4.1 no addon will be needed, ticks will be slower.

Deleted
    Searing flame is slighty more than 2 minute cd, meaning you should be able to aura mastery resistance aura all of them significantly reducing the dmg intake (15-20% or so). If you still struggle with only 1 tic of searing flames look into personal cooldowns, you will only have about 2-3 searing flames anyway.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-04-20 at 12:00 PM.

Trying this tonight will come back and let you know how it goes.
    Also if we end up killing it I'll have a video.