Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Kinda off topic but I often thought 5 man objective based PvP would be pretty cool.

We got 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and rated bg's now in PVP, so why not 2-man, 3-man, and 5-man raids
    Because this is a multiplayer game. As for 5man raids as already been said you have heroic instances, if you want 2man challenge go play some other game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CoRn1lio View Post
    @ SanderZammy

quit whining, realy are you depresive?
    Not at all, I'm just showing how flawed your idea is. It was meant as constructive criticism, because in the form you're presenting it in, it's a bad idea. With some changes, it would have potential.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Because this is a multiplayer game. As for 5man raids as already been said you have heroic instances, if you want 2man challenge go play some other game
    I understand you're opinion, but WoW is becoming so big, so why not including all types, it makes the game much more multifunctional. Thats what blizzard wants? no?

Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    communication?

how would that work?

no comment.

3 + 6 = 10 now?

Either you are trolling or you really haven't put any effort into the idea. Either way, it's a horrible idea, and this idea doesn't have any chance of success.
    Calling other people trolls is against forum regulation.
    Regardless, your post was even worse than the OP when it comes to "thinking it through" as all you do is make pointless questions and flame the OP without a single argument.

Personally I would love to see this. A few 5 mans that you cannot queue for in LFD and with an increased difficulty (cata heroics were a first step back in beta. Even more challenging than that please).
    Problem is, current 5 man content is getting nerfed so that LFD groups can clear them, which leaves no proper 5 man content for more skilled players in the game (only heroic we struggled with was hc grim batol when we did it for the first time 2 days after release in leveling greens and blues, and in all honesty, that was the most entertaining part of cataclysm for me so far).

I agree with MestHoop on this one, SanderZammy gave no feedback what so ever and just flamed the OP.

@CoRn1lio

Great idea! with some tweaks to it i can see it being very much viable, even the 3 or 5 man "raids".

3 Man - Small dungeon but extreamly hard to the point of no mistakes. (high reward depending on performance) group makeup of 1 dps, 1 tank and 1 healer. (suggestions welcome)
    5 Man - Medium dungeon but extreamly hard few mistakes aloud. (med - high reward depending on performance) same group makeup as heroics.

Just my 2 pence, feel free to rip it apart.

Toccs

This is a great idea! And we shall call them....Heroics!

They are already adding 2 heroics to patch 4.1... they seem harder than your average heroic

And if you want the challenge of team work and coordination then you can aim for some of the achievements right from day one... not wait till you are geared and/or the content is nerfed.
    It's just a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    5 man raids? def no, but it would be nice to have some sort of 2/3/4/5 man MAZEs with a nifty award - nothing too ground breaking - for example pets/mounts/some decent-ish random drop, aka something to fill peoples time.
    This has my vote

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    This is a great idea! And we shall call them....Heroics!
    Well i mentioned before, don't compare it with heroics. I explained why in the posts above. I think people still don't understand me, with skill i mean, skills you need for killing Al'akir or nefarian with 353 ilvl f.e
    Last edited by mmoc10bb010d3a; 2011-04-20 at 01:38 PM.

Heroics done in full 333 gear where pretty hard - no Ilvl 365 PVP freebies.

Maybe you havent been there from December 9th on ( iirc, it was 36hours after cata release ), but I have and lots of stuff is already nerfed plus people have a much better idea how to dps with their class. Getting the Heroic Drake in the first month of cataclysm was no small feat either, it was sometimes hard , really hard, but fun.

If you find the current raid content too hard , then that means you are the problem, not the content. You should read up and communicate better with your teammates to accomplish the task at hand. If you want raids that can be zerged down, reroll back to wotlk and go naxx.

those same skills you find in heroics though.

you dodge fires in 5man just as you do in 10/25.

Example, Alakir you dodge squall lines, avoid the ice rain stuff and ensure you get close to aa when he does wind burst. thats it. its not "skillz" or any of the like its just bog standard movement.

Nef is just crowd control on adds in p1 while tanks move the bosses away from each other. p2 is interupts p3 is p1 with only 1 boss and the adds being kited.

if you mean heroic bosses then theres more skill required but yeh you get my point. Everything you need in 5 you do in 10/25s anyways in regards to avoiding things. sure maybe more happens in larger raids. but blizzard will ramp up the heroics (the new ones) to match the higher tiers of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would definitely be interesting, then again it would have the same problems as 10 mans sometimes do. Having to bring an exact composition of classes/roles unless u want to have a hell of a time trying to get it done. I'm afraid I have to admit I can't see Blizzard ever rly doing this. I'd like to see some sort of concept design tho.

5 man raids are called dungeons.

With the two new Troll Dungeons we are basically getting Tier 2 Heroics, if they turn out to be a success you can probably expect higher tier heroics with furture content patches. I don't know if you have tried the new ones on the test Realm, but they might be what you are looking for.

I never understood why there could not be some math done by bliz on this.
    if 10 man required 1,000,000 damage and 1,000,000 healing with ilevel 100 (nice whole round numbers)
    then 9 man would require 900,000 damage and 900,000 healing with same ilevel gear
    if they had 10 mobs before a boss then 9 if you only had 9 players.
    Why can't a raid be adjusted up and down this way?
    so we could have 11 players at the start and 9 players at the end and the raid just adjust up and down.

because its not that simple sparks. it really isnt. you have different specs classes and other mechanics required to make or break encounters. designing something from 25 to 10 to be equal in difficulty is hard enough but adding in the same thing for 5 people or making it scale would be nuts.

Deleted
    It would be cool to have UBRS come back as a ten man heroic dungeon (mini-raid). i loved that place :-)

I'm happy Blizzard is putting in two new heroics (4.1) for non raiding people. Hope they keep both places hard and heavy. No aoe-fest.

Question 1: What kind of rewards would one get from this? If better than current heroic dungeons, then why raid? If not as good, then why do it?

2: You understand that different class/specs handle different content to varying degrees, correct? So you're just begging for all kinds of drama and QQ over class stacking. How would you handle that?

3: What do you have against the notion that difficulty and reward should scale with the size of the PVE group, seeing as though this is supposed to be a social game? Why not "heroic level" solo content, using your logic?

4: If you're good, why can't you just go find other equally good people to play with?

While I do like the idea of a tight nit group completing a VERY PISS ASS hard raid, mechanic wise it wouldn't be much fun. You don't have the options for extra tanks/healers/dps to allow for gimmicks during fights like you do in raids. Which in turn would make all fights even more plain.

To be fairly inline with your suggestion though, I have always wanted "Godmode Dungeons" or something similar. Every other game in the world has like 3-5 difficulty settings, but WoW has 2 (and according to some people that's 1 to many lol). If they had Normal, Heroic and Godmode dungeons I would absolutely love that. But Godmode would need to be literally ridiculously difficult and take hours to complete.... Think Unreal Tourney 2004 Godmode style, where if you pop your head out to look around for even half a second then it's gone. Godmode would need to be immune to all nerfing, subject to only buffing the difficulty even more as players gear progresses throughout the expansion. It wouldn't be something you farm every day for VP, and it could drop greens from the bosses for all I care, I don't want epics from it, I just want to work really really hard with 4 friends and see what we can kill when we all play at our absolute best.

Maybe I'm masochist... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.