Deleted

Empire Earth should be rebooted as an MMO

Hello. This is an idea that came to me last night before i went to sleep.
    Do you guys remember Empire Earth right? Strategy game, huge one, you start playing with sticks in the mud in stone age, and in the end you fight on Mars with space samurais for carbon and independence.

Did anyone try the multiplayer on that game? I had a match with a friend once that lasted 2 weeks.No one won.
    If that game was possible in 2001, couldn't something similar be done in 2011 and reworked as an mmo?

My general ideas of how it could work:

-You get a patch of dirt on a planet, where you will start building your civilization.Your patch will be seen by other players on a globe similar to how you are able to see different cities in CitiesXL.

- 14 or 15 ages of development from stone age to Nano or space age. To progress to the next age you'll have either to complete an achievement or boost it by a conquer or a specific relic( will talk more about this later).
    The ability remain at any age and play it for as long as you like without consequence. A toggle that will ban any other civilization 2 ages ahead of you from attacking yours. this could be turned off if you're feeling hardcore. ( your newly invented gunpowder will win you the war against the army of Goliath walkers)

Player interactions besides attacking and destroying each other.
    - resource trade
    - permission to build camps, outposts etc on another's land but do this at your own risk as the said player may use that as a foothold for a future conquest
    - Alliances, coalitions, hostility, war, neutrality, protection etc.
    - Technology or cultural exchange
    - Matches with cultural representatives or idols.

"Endgame" content:
    Since you will be able to stop your development at any age I can't see this game ending unless you want to stop playing it.
    Let's face it, just building a great city or a few little ones on your patch of dirt and protecting them from other players is kinda boring after a while.Sure you can attack others too but that get's old after a while too. so as endgame content i propose "raiding" (couldn't find a better term for it)

Periodically events will be enabled the events will be:
    - A new resource map that will be announced for those eligible for it. Goal of the players will be to gather as much as they can before a timer goes of. these maps will be small and build for fast skirmishes between players.

- Relic map. a relic as in a new technology, a rare resource etc will be revealed. The one who will capture and hold the relic for a set time ( time for troops to return home of pack up camp etc) will be declared the winner and the prize will be a boon for his/her's civilization. an idol, a technology or cultural boost, or a stepping stone for a new age. Now sure yet if the player should be able to choose his boon or let it be randomized.

- Polis map. these maps will provide a new territory to conquer and expand upon. they'll be pretty rare, because the winner will get the said map permanently.another way to expand you territory is to conquer another player's city.

- Landmark map. These maps will be permanent. they will contain an important landmark geographical political cultural or technological. if you can play solo if you want on the other maps, on these ones you'll have to form alliances with other players to obtain. you'll have to fight off other alliances and the defense of the landmark (that will be created by the players currently holding it) .Winning these maps will give the players a bonus for as long as they can hold them. such as a bonus to income for example

- Event maps: these will focus on management of a single unit. your idol or representative. you will participate with them in a series of tests, events etc.

Idols and/or representatives:

These will be special player controlled units that will define your built city/culture. for example if you'll be a society based on military prowess your representative will be a combat focused unit, if you'll be based more on technology your idol might be Dexter boy genius.
    Based on what your representative can do you can use them in combat, on event maps, or as negotiators, even bargain coins for other nations ( at the price of losing your representative)

There will be only one (2 if you are given one) per age and they will die when you'll pass into the next age.I believe you can all understand why.

Player warfare:

The battles should be fast no doubt about it.not all will have time to spend time to conquer a 2 hour long landmark map so you must cater to that need of time.
    when battling on another map where you don't have a city you'll fight with an "outpost mechanic". that means you'll be building a base of operations, barracks, bars airport and a small medical facility etc., and you'll bring in troops from your city.

In your main city they'll be seen in a form of currency for the sake of space, you don't want to see 2000 soldiers flooding the screen every time you log to see your city do you?

Event maps i haven't thought about well enough since i thought they would be a nice breather from all combat maps.Like a sports event map where you'll be represented by a weakly nerd, against Genghis Khan.

That's all the aspects thought about last night kinda lackluster but you get the basic idea. Thank you for reading this post. So tell me would you play a game like this?

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 02:17 PM ----------

Something I forgot to add.
    If you lose all of your cities including your main hub, you will be given a settlement on a common map where you'll be an enclave until a territory is released, added or given to you if you stay too much time as an enclave (4 balance). you'll not lose any of your development trees or current age you are living in.
    Last edited by mmocb2d4e83f73; 2011-04-20 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Because i'm awesome