Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

DK's healing should be fixed, not WoG

After watching Raegwyn's new video, where he soloes two bosses in Stonecore HC, I was left wondering why blizzard plans on nerfing Word of Glory. Apparantly protection paladin's have too much healing through WoG, yet I would NEVER be able to solo two bosses in any HC, probably not even one boss alone. For those who haven't seen the video, it is currently on the front page of MMO Champion, so check it out.

And blizzard plans on increasing the healing done by Death Strike in 4.1 as well. I belive that the blizzard dev team has a few things they need to reconsider for patch 4.1, at least when it comes to Death Knights healing abilities compared to other tanks.

Death Strike isnt getting buffed, it's a tooltip correction.

And also, Death Strike + Blood Shield is the DK equivalent of Paladin blocking + the mastery to boost it. WoG would be better compared to other selfheals DK's have, NOT Death Strike.
    "I like to tank pugs. It toughens me up and makes my skin as thick as my armour." - mouseno4

Deleted
    The point is, DK healing is exactly what the class was designed to do.
    Protadins using all their HP on WoG was not - SotR is in the Prot tree for a reason.

Deleted
    My WoG equivalent (Rune Tap) is on a what.. 45 sec cooldown? is that right? Damn my lack of logged-on-ness. If you assume WoTN proccing, that could be looked at as a 22sec cooldown instead. (procs once/min, resets the cooldown). Hey, that's like a 20sec CD on WoG, isn't it...

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    SotR is in the Prot tree for a reason.
    And so is Eternal Glory and Guarded by the Light, both meant to make using WOG while tanking very attractive.

WOG is being nerfed for Ret PVP, not Prot PVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK note = Tool tip correction. Any 'nerfs' to DK's self healing currently would destroy their raid tank viability.

Pally change = Like so many other classes have experienced, enjoy PVP changes that affect PVE.

FYI Rune Tap is on a 30 sec CD and WotN can proc once ever 45 sec when you drop below 30% health.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Thanks Surreal - okay, so being generous you can call that a 15sec cooldown.. so pretty close

I will miss WoG-spamming on my pally, though, 'cos I'm too low-level to have the holy Shield Slam

yeah im pretty sure DK healing is more a part of its tanking, given the lack of a shield and such. Paladin doesnt need heals like that I believe.
    Pallys FTW

soloing those 2 bosses arent a big deal. lot of good dks did it months ago. they just didnt have a bunch of fanboys.

rune tap itself isn't op. its just runtap cd is reset when u go under 30% hp.

Deleted
    If Dk's healing is supposed to be the equivalent of block (ie: same survival capacity right ?), why can't we solo even one heroic bosses if we have exactly the same survivability but without different tools ?...

Deleted
    Yes prot has talents which make it good to use WoG, but it evidently isn't meant to spend all of its HP on it. It causing the shield is useful. It causing an absorption is a very good idea. The chance not to consume HP is tier one, evidently intended for all specs to think about taking it, not really specific to prot.

I think removing the WoG causing the SotR buff would be a better solution than the CD, replace it with increasing the size of the overhealing shield.

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    If Dk's healing is supposed to be the equivalent of block (ie: same survival capacity right ?), why can't we solo even one heroic bosses if we have exactly the same survivability but without different tools ?...
    Because different classes are different. One class has a gimmick mechanic that lets it do that kind of thing which obviously isn't intended.

This is a huge blow for prot PvP, which has been my favorite since WoTLK... And yet Blood PvP is still viable. Might as well go ret so i can at least put out some damage before getting roflstomped. If you are going to nerf our heals like that at least give us some damn CC to make up for it.

Why do idiots keep posting the same shit with no idea how the class mechanics even work.

Paladins have shields, DK's use Death Strike to help mitigate the difference in damage they take, which is significantly more than a Pally.
    Stop whining and realize that this game is not balanced around PVP, and in fact most changes and nerfs to PVP significantly change PVE, rarely the other way around.

By the way, Pally's were soloing Slabhide long before this video came out to try and farm the mount. And the DK in question is also using Glyph of Succor in UH presence to create Blood Shields, which, suprise surprise, is getting changed in 4.1 due to, you guessed it, PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erikdawg View Post
    And blizzard plans on increasing the healing done by Death Strike in 4.1 as well.
    Wrong.

Dk healing doesn't have problems.

Raegwyn, and Mi both are exceptional players at their class and are 2 of the extreme few that can pull off feats like that, take the average DK and they couldn't do that even with a ton of practice.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    DKs shouldn't be fixed.

They should be removed.

If Dk's healing is supposed to be the equivalent of block (ie: same survival capacity right ?), why can't I solo even one heroic bosses if we have exactly the same survivability but without different tools ?...
    Fixed that for you. Just because you can't do something does not mean your class is not capable of doing it.

Exactly. All you guys are saying is that death strike is a part of DKs tanking. NO SHIT. Dk's also have a shitload of other cooldowns, besides Death Strike, that they also use to heal themselves with, and to mitigate damage, for example IBF, Anti-Magic Shell and Bone Shield. The point I am trying to make, is that you can't say that Prot Paladins need fixing, when they clearly are not as powerful as blood death knights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BigZ6 View Post
    Paladins have shields, DK's use Death Strike to help mitigate the difference in damage they take, which is significantly more than a Pally.
    So why do our "uber fat mitigation shield" doesn't make us able to solo 2 HC boss at the same time or even 10% of an actual raid boss (Alakir) ?

Deleted
    we all know that, time for blizz figure out whats what

im sure if anything,dks need buffed

you know there one of the worst dps classes right now right.plus to my knowledge,the majority of stuff that guy and the other dk have solo'd were lvl 80 content.the games balanced around lvl 85 not lvl 80