Bear tanking adds on Maloriak

So...guild main tank is injured for a few weeks, and our other tank is not the brightest bulb so we just let him handle Maloriak. My OS is Feral and I'm often called upon to help tank, except for on this fight. However, for the time being I won't have a choice. Any suggestions? I haven't been able to do it successfully yet. Sometimes I get eaten by the adds when they really pile up, and other times they get stuck in the raid if it's a red phase & they beeline towards a healer and I find it really difficult to pull them out. From bear tanks out there that regularly do this fight, what have you found that makes the process simpler?

Deleted
    I've been bear-tanking the adds from the first time we tried him

Start at one side and wait for them to come down, swipe if there are 2, mangle it if there is one. Turn and run across to the others, target one and feral charge it then Thrash or Swipe. Backpeddle a little so they're all in front of you over the other side now, Thrash or Swipe on cooldown.

Stop AoEing them 5sec or so before the next set come out, repeat

15+ Year Old Account
    ^ This + Demo Roar
    ..: Character: Armory :..
    ..: Config: AMD PhenomII X4 955, 8GB DDR3 Ram, GF GTX460, 2.6TB HDD, Gentoo Linux :..

Deleted
    Usually challenging roar if we have a new set just before green phase, to make sure they don;t go running off with all the extra DPS on 'em, forgot to add that

I've been having to bear tank the adds for the last few weeks of heroic due to terrible other tanks.

What i do for the normal add is start on one side, mangle+maul them if there is two, or thrash+swipe if I have 3 there. I then either taunt + FF the one on the other side, or if there is two on the other side I'll taunt + FF 1, and feral charge the other.

Now the swills are the hard part... Holding agro on swills with 4 fire mages throwing up lolcombustion is .... troublesum...

If you have to tank them I suggest you mark the 1st one to spawn with a skull, let dps SINGLE TARGET nuke that one, while you get at least 1 thrash + swipe on all the rest and then blow berserk tabbing through them all so you mangle them all. Then taunt back the skuill that is running towards to mages, and keep mashing everything you can.

Approaching the Green phase, you may need to use one of your 3 minute cooldowns (obviously), and also the adds can be rooted so you can use Nature's Grasp and root up to 3 of them, although if your Hit rating isn't very high they probably won't stay rooted for very long. Also, once I've secured aggro on all of the adds I like to tab through and maul/mangle each of them so they have Infected Wounds.

If you're still having trouble, have a Hunter or Shaman put down a slowing effect and kite them through it. You need to pay a lot of attention to your health and cooldowns for this one, so if you start getting low on health, use a healthstone or Savage Roar and high-tail it away from them.

For trinkets I usually use Leaden Despair and Fluid Death.