Chogall 100% corruption

So im going to start practicing on normal chogall 25man getting 100% corruption and spamming pyro iirc. now about keeping me alive, i can already make it to p3 with out getting corruption or close to it. So would a disc priest be mandatory or are my shields good enough. i know disc would help and there is always holy priests shield, also does pally/druid/shaman have anything that would help me stay alive.

i started this thread knowing that mages use this for heroic mode but if i can do it in normal. my raid would be rdy to do it on heroic. also normal mode would just be cake.

Deleted
    Druid no.
    Shamans no.
    Paladins yes all three specs, Retri hand of sac, Prot:hand of sac and raidwall, Holy:hand of sac and maybe the mastery for holydins would work, But a unholy deathknights anti magic zone works aswell.

is there a certain rotation of those spells my raid has 2-3 pallies 1 UH DK and a disc

You should set up an order of which cooldowns will be used for each one including ice block, sac, barrier, etc.

He does an AoE that you'll want to iceblock through. I think usually right after the adds die? I forget exactly when he does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    He does an AoE that you'll want to iceblock through. I think usually right after the adds die? I forget exactly when he does it.
    Shadow's orders induces 3 AoE pulses and it alternates this with flame orders that mainly invokes tank damage.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

for the mage to survive long enough in hc mode especially u need the tol barad tnk, also the mage will need a cd every shadows orders along with sheilds so this also means dps need to kill adds before chogal absorbs then so they do alot less dmg or the mage will die way before ph2.

the mage will also need an innervate sometime as spamming instant pyro will use alot of mana but with cd rotations on every shadows orders and gd use of the tol barad tnk the mage will die just before or just into ph2.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    So im going to start practicing on normal chogall 25man getting 100% corruption and spamming pyro iirc. now about keeping me alive, i can already make it to p3 with out getting corruption or close to it. So would a disc priest be mandatory or are my shields good enough. i know disc would help and there is always holy priests shield, also does pally/druid/shaman have anything that would help me stay alive.

i started this thread knowing that mages use this for heroic mode but if i can do it in normal. my raid would be rdy to do it on heroic. also normal mode would just be cake.
    Anti-Magic zone, Disc Barrier, Disc shield, Paladin sacrifice etc etc, there's a lot. Mana shield etc.

I also heard that if you use the boot flask that changes you into a dwarf at the same time you get the 100% corruption transform it bugs out and you get the buff, but can be healed. I haven't been able to get it to work though.

thanx for all the help. one more question how fast do mages usually get 100%? do they try and get it as fast as possible or time it so they are 100% when p2 starts

One Holy Paladin and one Disc Priest can have enough cooldowns to last you 7 Shadow Pulse AoE's when you're at 100 Corrupted Blood, since I found my guild gets an average of 6-7 when we do him. The cooldown between each pulse is 45 seconds; a Holy Paladin's Sacrifice has a 1:30 cooldown and a Disc Priest's Pain Suppression has a 3:00 cooldown.

~You get 100 Corrupted Blood, cannot receive heals.
    00:00 1st Pulse - Paladin's Hand of Sacrifice
    00:45 2nd Pulse - Priest's Pain Suppression
    01:30 3rd Pulse - Paladin's Hand of Sacrifice
    02:15 4th Pulse - Iceblock
    03:00 5th Pulse - Paladin's Hand of Sacrifice
    03:45 6th Pulse - Priest's Pain Suppression
    04:30 7th Pulse - Paladin's Hand of Sacrifice
    ~Phase 3 Begins

Besides having a cooldown for every pulse, the MOST IMPORTANT way to survive until Phase 3 with 100 Corrupted Blood is to receive "double" Shields from your Disc Priest. This meaning that, since you only take damage during shadow AoE pulses, a Disc Priest has a Shield on you before the AoE starts so that when it falls off during the AoE they can immediately reapply a fresh shield on you, effectively doubling the amount absorbed. I do the same methodology with Mana Shield when he has worship stacks. I never take damage during the encounter unless interrupts are horrible.

TL;DR - Even if you are receiving a cooldown for every pulse you won't live very long unless you get good shields.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    thanx for all the help. one more question how fast do mages usually get 100%? do they try and get it as fast as possible or time it so they are 100% when p2 starts
    After the first wave of adherents die and we kill the bloods I wait for the shadow AoE pulse to end then go stand in the puddle left behind until I receive 25 Corrupted Blood. I then let the Corruption: Accelerated debuff take me to 100. Make sure your healers don't dispel you.

You can also eat a Corrupting Crash from the adherents during their first spawn wave to get 100 slightly faster.
    Last edited by nemex; 2011-04-21 at 11:21 PM.