Thread: Tranquility

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tranquility

What is going on with this spell? I'm confused.

(From Blizzards patch notes right at this moment)
    Gift of Nature (passive) also reduces Tranquility's cooldown by 2.5/5 minutes.
    Malfurion's Gift now reduces the cooldown of Tranquility by 2.5/5 minutes.
    Currently it has an 8 minute cooldown and does a TON of healing at the cost of a little less than 6k mana (compare that to rejuvination which has a 3.7k mana cost). This change would mean it has no cooldown.

Shown above is my 356 geared resto druid( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cowcium/simple ), the only buff I had was MoW (that means NO trinket procs, NO trinket use, NO enchant procs). I healed 60725 on myself in one use with only one of the heals being a crit. As it can affect up to 5 targets, [60725 x 5 = 303625]. That's 303625 healing done in [7.24 + 7.24 = 14.48] seconds (including the 7.24 seconds the HoT will tick after Tranquility has finished being channeled) for less than 6000 mana. This averages out to 20968 HPS on an average druid self-buffed . This is an incredibly efficient heal.

Now Blizzard are not this stupid, that would just be way too powerful, so am I missing something? Are these 2 talents the same thing (ie; They just forgot to take the Gift of Nature bit out when they added the Malfurion's Gift)? Is the base cooldown and/or mana cost being increased?

On top of this, another change has been added;

Druids now innately have 100% pushback protection from damage while channeling Tranquility.
    Is anyone on the PTR that can verify all this for me? Thanks.
    Last edited by Reash; 2011-04-21 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Added armory link.

They probably forgot to remove 1 of the notes.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's an error, for choosing resto or the talent (whatever they chose) the CD will be lowered by 5 minutes. Thus making it a 3 minute cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it must have been something like that.

I think Blizzard would never do that anyway, but still, you're pretty sharp mentioning it! (:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, its an awesome spell BUT you only measured it on yourself. Its a smart heal which means it heals the person which the lowest hp before anyone else. So it heals you for 60k, it wont heal anyone else for 60k unless they are idiots and stand in the fire.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    Yeah, its an awesome spell BUT you only measured it on yourself. Its a smart heal which means it heals the person which the lowest hp before anyone else. So it heals you for 60k, it wont heal anyone else for 60k unless they are idiots and stand in the fire.
    so it could potentially heal for more because the HoT it applies will go on more people, (It heals 5 people at once so i guess it would determine which 5 people have the lowest health every 1.81s and then heal them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reash View Post
    so it could potentially heal for more because the HoT it applies will go on more people, (It heals 5 people at once so i guess it would determine which 5 people have the lowest health every 1.81s and then heal them)
    What heals more, the initial or the Hot? =p The HoT does if its stacked 3 times.

Also, why complain so much? Really, I dont understand. Its a very good buff for both 10 and 25 man raiding so why complain. Its not gonna change anything in PvP really. =p
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

dear lord. Tranq on no cd would be so sweet. Ohai 30k everlasting hps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    What heals more, the initial or the Hot? =p The HoT does if its stacked 3 times.

Also, why complain so much? Really, I dont understand. Its a very good buff for both 10 and 25 man raiding so why complain. Its not gonna change anything in PvP really. =p
    Nah i wasn't complaining, I was just confused and couldn't find any info on it so I made a post.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think it is posable making it have cooldown whit the druid T2 or was it T1 set ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i think it is posable making it have cooldown whit the druid T2 or was it T1 set ?
    Yeah the Cenarion set, however it reduces the cooldown by a percentage so it probably wont work.

EDIT: Yea set bonus reduces CD by 50%, awesome thought though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the Cenarion set, however it reduces the cooldown by a percentage so it probably wont work.

EDIT: Yea set bonus reduces CD by 50%, awesome thought though.
    i have read some other topic that the % is based of the total cooldown so like 8 mins - 50% = 4 min left
    then the talent -5 min = 0 cooldown. yet ofc you wear a shitload of crap gear so it be less effective
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i have read some other topic that the % is based of the total cooldown so like 8 mins - 50% = 4 min left
    then the talent -5 min = 0 cooldown. yet ofc you wear a shitload of crap gear so it be less effective
    :O I might have to go farm the rest of that set and try it in 4.1, not that it would really be useful at 85, just for lols.

15+ Year Old Account
    :O I might have to go farm the rest of that set and try it in 4.1, not that it would really be useful at 85, just for lols.
    whit omen procs you can almost cast it endlessly i think. if it is affected by omen procs..

come to think about it as ferl i have 0 spellpower still my tranquily aint totaly uselesy so if you wear proper rings / necks / and ofc a massive spellpower weapon.. it might end up in an nice endless aoe heal :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be...epic, indeed.

Imagine just spamming tranquility forever. xD

''What does the scouter say about his HPS?''
    ''ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!''
    ''What, 9000?!! THeres no way that can be right!!!''

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be nice to see this spell used more though. Useful for so many situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Baz View Post
    It'll be nice to see this spell used more though. Useful for so many situations.
    Really, yeah. Will be helpful everywhere except for PvP really. Imagine using it TWICE on Chimaeron, Maloriak, Nefarian or any other fight which requires massive AoE healing!

if you put on this set, and it drops ur cd to nothing, can you then switch ur gear back and still have tranq off CD?

as in, would switching to this set and then switching back reset ur tranq set?

if so, ima do this in between every trash pull >.>

same with our t4 sets, for lowering the CDs on innervate and natures swiftness
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-04-21 at 10:48 AM.

Yeah it is being turned into a proper major cd just like it should have always been. I am still hoping it will become useful for pvp too though. The innate knock back resistance meaning you don't have to save barkskin for it will be awesome on my moonkin too