Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I for one love recycled content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    ya but without us they would not have anything
    Sure, but you and maybe 100,000 others feel this way, out of 12 million, heck i'll be generous, you and 3 million others feel this way, if you all quit because of this ( which you wont) they would barely care.
    They do what they can, a lot of people like the old things making returns, and if your refering to the new stuff coming in 4.2
    A. Ragnaros was never truly destroyed
    B. Datamined content is not the final product
    C.Skeletons, a part you never SEE being reused helps them get us content faster
    D. In the end, they made a freaking flaming cat form model.

Why do people think the entire community has gone from "we want old world back" to "quit re-using models". Two different sides, why are you grouping them as one trying to be hypocritical of itself.

And Ony has only died twice, by all technicality. The first time at level 60, and now at level 85. Ony being updated to level 80 was a gift to the players on the 5th anniversary, in no way was it lore-based. You're still basically killing the level 60 version of her, just updated a bit.

Now that that is out of the way... barring the complete old world overhaul, Cataclysm is 80% Burning Crusade. A lot of the models and textures were re-used, even BC and WotLK textures were re-used in the old world revamp.

Not necessarily a big deal, the questing experience from 1-60 is epic compared to what it used to be, the zones are fantastic, but you're only going to see them from 1-60, and that's it. IMO, too much time was spent on old world revamps, and not enough on what players really want, like updated character models, more unique loot, etc etc.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Weebos View Post
    I for one love recycled content.
    At least Blizzard is going Green.
    Last I check recycling was good

But seriously expect more old content coming back up especially the AQ raids (i remember seeing a blue post last year, blizz said they really liked aq and wanted to bring it back) and some more Outland raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ox Big View Post
    But seriously expect more old content coming back up especially the AQ raids (i remember seeing a blue post last year, blizz said they really liked aq and wanted to bring it back) and some more Outland raids.
    Only problem i really have with this is the amount of complaining threads that will be on here, i like rehashed content too, if they change 1 or 2 things i'm fine with it, like ZG and ZA, they aen't EXACTLY the same, their refreshing in a way, give us a break from the constant spam of the Cata Hs

Just wondering why cant blizzard come up with completly new mobs and not have to redo them? ex. rag/ony/nef i mean we killed them once how many more times do we have to kill them again. Imo sence i have been playing this game sence wow came out is blizzard just running out of things to put into the game or are they just not caring as much sence they have made there billions of dollars? Open for disscusion.
    if I was a blizzard lapdog I would reply - "are you nuts? those fights were amazing I'm glad blizzard bought them back, rag can only be killed in the elemental plane of fire we ALL know that lols. this is a great idea from blizzard, they keep surprising us with all these amazing twists... great work again blizzard, you're no.1"

BUT if I/(we) take time actually think about it I would be a little disappointed seeing the return of old content because things that are new are normally exciting because of the unknown. Point in case. The new deadmines dungeon was a great idea because they didn't op for the cheap route and just resurrect him, they used his daughter as the main protagonist for the quest chain and ultimately the dungeon. That was a good idea. nice work.

the same can be said for the rehash of the 'new' troll dungeons in 4.1, and the 'new' models for firelands that have been released. A LOT of old rehashed content is being used atm.

The only thing new and unpredictable these days is what unknown nerfs/buffs they are going to do to your class that you have gotten used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people complain about this type of stuff, hes in a completely new raid etc, they could plop "Random mob A" in there and call him powerman and you would be more happy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Larhf View Post
    I can agree with the progressed story line thing on certain points, like for example Neltharion aka Deathwing who ressurects his eldest childs, but I still think Onyxia has been over-used. And can you explain the legs on Ragnaros? Cause I'm certainly interested in why they did that.
    Far as I remember, he won't have legs the whole time. He comes out onto the ground in a special heroic-only phase.

OT - I'm with others, it's not re-used content. Re-hased content....well, okay. Kind of. But it's not Blackwing Lair, it's not Molten Core, and it's not Onyxia's lair. Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman have totally new bosses, the only thing that's the same is the locations. Is it as bad as people are whining about now without having played it? Yeah, maybe. Maybe not. Wait and see.

lol and theres no 12 million people there is 12 million accnts but i know people that have 4-5 accnts that they keep active so thats falsely leading

Quote Originally Posted by Aramile View Post

isn't that part of his dialogue as he retreats? I thought it was. could be wrong though.
    It is part of the whole speech he does when Exocutus awakens him

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

lol and theres no 12 million people there is 12 million accnts but i know people that have 4-5 accnts that they keep active so thats falsely leading
    As well as the fact that the 12 million number includes China, who does not play on a traditional subscription. They pay per hour or something like that, and they count it even if they played for one hour that month.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

10+ Year Old Account
    and see i agree in vanillia wow just had so much unique ness to there game and now its like blizz is saying "well we made our money lets just drag the game out now rather then be unique again
    Go look through the Classic raids and find out how many bosses had completely unique models.

BWL: Six out of eight reused existing models (heck, three of them had the exact same model)
    Molten Core: Eight out of ten used existing models or shared models
    AQ: This one was mostly new stuff, but a few bosses still shared models
    Naxx: Nine of the fifteen bosses either shared models or used existing ones

Hmm. What about TBC?
    Kara: 12 bosses, none unique
    TK: Two out of four reused existing models
    SSC: Five out of six reused existing models
    Hyjal: Three out of five reused existing models
    Magtheridon's Lair: One out of one reused an existing model
    Sunwell: Two out of six reused existing models
    ZA and BT were pretty good with unique models though.

What I'm trying to say is, no, Classic was not any better in regards to reusing models, and neither was TBC.

WoW should have ended with Wrath, the Lich king is dead, the story lines of the original Warcraft games is over. They should have patched in the unused content like grim batol instead of cramming it into a small recycled expansion that offers nothing new to the game at all.

well for your info i work in the oil rigs where i live. Make 2-3k every 2 weeks what about you mavfin prob live with mommy and daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Cytheria View Post
    Those bosses never actually die.

The entire encounter was merely a setback!!!
    +1 INTERWEBS for u

Quote Originally Posted by xionkarl View Post
    As well as the fact that the 12 million number includes China, who does not play on a traditional subscription. They pay per hour or something like that, and they count it even if they played for one hour that month.
    tbh if the amount of people that played wow exceeded 4million these days I would be surprised. I HAD (before I quit) toons on 4 different servers and every week the place was more and more empty. guild members started to not show up anymore, we struggled for numbers in raids for all the guilds I was in. basically I got the unnerving feeling that it was all coming to an end, even though it never will until blizzard themselves shut the servers down.

Quote Originally Posted by xionkarl View Post
    And Ony has only died twice, by all technicality. The first time at level 60, and now at level 85. Ony being updated to level 80 was a gift to the players on the 5th anniversary, in no way was it lore-based. You're still basically killing the level 60 version of her, just updated a bit.
    If you want to get really technical, Onyxia has only died once, at level 60. BWD Onyxia is undead.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 01:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    tbh if the amount of people that played wow exceeded 4million these days I would be surprised. I HAD (before I quit) toons on 4 different servers and every week the place was more and more empty. guild members started to not show up anymore, we struggled for numbers in raids for all the guilds I was in. basically I got the unnerving feeling that it was all coming to an end, even though it never will until blizzard themselves shut the servers down.
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

"my friends are quitting" != "everyone is quitting"

10+ Year Old Account
    Like this, reused models are everywhere! Check BC and even WOTLK, alot of reused models. Those gnolls in Storm Peaks for example, they are new? Hell no.
    Stop focusing on the bad and start seeing EVERYTHING, both bad and good.

God, Jesus and holy me. Everytime I see one of these threads I wanna give everyone a kittenfilled hug and give them chocolate. ._. Censored for obvious reasons.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boroher View Post
    WoW should have ended with Wrath, the Lich king is dead, the story lines of the original Warcraft games is over. They should have patched in the unused content like grim batol instead of cramming it into a small recycled expansion that offers nothing new to the game at all.
    Warcraft III wasn't the only game in the Warcraft storyline.

its not really a complaint more of a dissapointment. I know blizz has the tallent to come out with all new raid bosses but why recycle old ones to keep the game going
    BLIZZ RELEASES AN INSTANCE WITH ONE BOSS WE'VE ALREADY SEEN BEFORE AND 10 OTHER BRAND NEW BOSSES. THAT'S SO UNORIGINAL.

Seriously... grow the hell up. One recycled boss each patch does not an uninspired game make.