Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    No. There is currently a bug. If you misdirect the tank you will engage the lava boss....
    It will be fixed in 4.1. But, if all hunters misdirect a rogue which gets agroo and vanishes the boss disappears and you can get past it without having the elevator up. Be careful tho, the boss may respawn when you are half way.
    trollololol

I think I just peed myself laughing at this thread.

BE VERY CAREFUL, that you don't leave this boss on heroic. Heroic mode is currently bugged and the elevator shoots lasers into the air as people jump across it, only classes with damage immunities can beat it, (lookin at you pallies and my fellow mages <3). This will instantly wipe your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Meabhster View Post
    I think I just peed myself laughing at this thread.
    There's nothing funny about serious people being serious about serious progression.

/srsface activated.

One very useful strat our raid has found is to have a priest apply Body and Soul randomly to people are running to the elevator boss. That way when someone inevitably wipes from the sudden speed boost, at least they can blame the priest. Hunters can achieve a similar effect with Aspect of the Pack.

Druids and their Stampeding Roar work too in theory, but in practice Stampeding Roar is a shitty ability that basically does nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis View Post
    BE VERY CAREFUL, that you don't leave this boss on heroic. Heroic mode is currently bugged and the elevator shoots lasers into the air as people jump across it, only classes with damage immunities can beat it, (lookin at you pallies and my fellow mages <3). This will instantly wipe your raid.
    You forgot to add that it moves at lightning speed on heroic.

stack goblins. move whenever and just rocketjump at the bottom.
    I heard next DBM update will include missing timers for elevator boss as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    stack goblins. move whenever and just rocketjump at the bottom.
    I heard next DBM update will include missing timers for elevator boss as well.
    This one is hard. Since If you use goblin jump you will actually jump about 1 second later. So this can kill your raid. Not really a good strat.

Deleted
    You forgot to add that it moves at lightning speed on heroic.
    emphasis on lightening

lightning

Deleted
    No. There is currently a bug.
    "Bug" my ass! This is again one of the many hunter-unfriendly boss encounters in the game! Again we get completely screwed over! MD doesn't work, neither does Feign or Deterrence, can't even Disengage! And on top of that the fight mechanics are so that our pet despawns all the time! Way to go to completely invalidating Beastmastery as a DPS spec! >:[

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    emphasis on lightening
    Hey. We are having a fun thread don't go and check grammar here! :P I just mistyped.

Deleted
    Remembering the good old days of Archi and tears, and my confident guild master attempting to show us how to use them off a cliff, Needless to say a shovel and a wheelbarrow was needed for the cleanup operation.

I actually posted a guide to this very encounter not long ago
    enjoy

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently working on an add-on that will alert you when the elevator boss is about to come up. So all you'll need to do is stand at the edge of his aggro radius and wait for the alert (it can be a sound alert too) and the moment you see/hear the alert - move one step into his aggro radius. And here you are - one boss less to worry about, just loot it and move to the next one - the lava boss.

The problem with the add-on is that it cannot track the boss as it is not present in any form readable by addon. So basically add-on will just guess it's position. That gives you 50% chance to succeed and I bet that's more than without any add-on at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I'm currently working on an add-on that will alert you when the elevator boss is about to come up. So all you'll need to do is stand at the edge of his aggro radius and wait for the alert (it can be a sound alert too) and the moment you see/hear the alert - move one step into his aggro radius. And here you are - one boss less to worry about, just loot it and move to the next one - the lava boss.

The problem with the add-on is that it cannot track the boss as it is not pressent in any form readable by addon. So basically addon will just guess it's position. That gives you 50% chance to succeed and I bet that's more than without any add-on at all.
    50% extra chance to get on! With the human capabilities we should be at 70% if you combine them!

Deleted
    Hey. We are having a fun thread don't go and check grammar here! :P I just mistyped.
    sorry, I didn't wanna correct grammar, that wasn't the aim of my joke at all. I actually think YOU wrote it correctly I am so bad.

Your contribution to this thread is outstanding, keep it up [COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc8ee790e781; 2011-04-21 at 08:42 AM.

I don't know if you are aware of the 4.1 Patch Changes. But, in 4.1 we will finally see a 'deaths' to elevetor boss in statistics.

Deleted
    I can't seem to find the loot table for EB. AtlasLoot fail, damn, that addon sucks big time.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theleklol View Post
    BWD boss progression isn't linear past Omnotron and Magmaw. You can use the levitate 'bug' to skip past the elevator boss and engage the Lava boss.
    You are the quote of the day on my guild's website

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    I can't seem to find the loot table for EB. AtlasLoot fail, damn, that addon sucks big time.
    That's because this boss have no strict loot table. He drops 1-2 items from the pile of loot that he looted from previous raid. So his loot depends on a lot of factors. And if previous raid have killed it with no deaths - you get no loot at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    And if previous raid have killed it with no deaths - you get no loot at all.
    That's impossible.

I don't even think Paragon managed to do it, otherwise it would be front page already