Most Content Ever?

So when cataclysm was being talked about, some of the developers where saying that "Cataclysm will have the most raid content yet". With 4.1 having no raid content, and 4.2 only having one confirmed at the moment, where is this promise? BC was by far my favorite expansion because of the 9 raids we had! If your guild didn't want to do SSC, they could go into TK, and the same followed each patch until the final one, as it should've been. I love raiding in WoW, and i'm not trying to complain, i just want to know if we're getting the raid content we were told that would be part of this expansion, which has been awesome so far! Just seems like we're following LK raid patch path again....3 at release, and then 1 each patch until we get to end game ...any thoughts? would LOVE for someone to tell me i'm wrong.

Caverns of Time: War of the Ancients is expected to drop in 4.2 or 4.3, and I seem to remember something about an underwater raid (and I'm not talking about Abyssal Maw)?

right, but with the skipping of raids in 4.1, do we know what patch deathwing will be in? LK was only in 4.3? only looks to be same amount as WotLK raid content....just a bit disappointing to me i guess.

Who ever said that we will only get 3 content patches in cata?

Doing Photoshop requests.

BC was more like what they are trying to do now. Cutting up tiers into more raids (though... Firelands leads me to believe otherwise. Where is the other raid in 4.1? Lol) but as far as T11 goes you have three separate raids to go to. I do hope they release some other form of raid in 4.1 though even if it is yet ANOTHER CoT...

Why cant people understand that blizzard has moved to more, smaller content patches vs fewer, larger patches.

wrath 3.1 is essentially cata 4.1 & 4.2. You're just getting half of it sooner.

Wait, scratch that 3.1 ONLY had a raid. No 5 mans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jantimirlol View Post
    Who ever said that we will only get 3 content patches in cata?
    This. Deathwing raid might be in 4.4 or 4.5. Nobody knows. It was also stated clearly that 4.1 is split into 2 smaller patches. First brings ZG & ZA back and 2nd brings Firelands + new arena season. Then you get 4.2 that maybe will feature CoT raid and 4.3 the underwater raid that some people are talking about (and I do believe is Abyssal Maw or w/e is called cause there is a raid portal right next to the Throne of the Tides instance).

This is all speculation atm so nobody can really confirm it for you unless they're working at Blizzard or something.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by faceofbear View Post
    BC was more like what they are trying to do now. Cutting up tiers into more raids (though... Firelands leads me to believe otherwise. Where is the other raid in 4.1? Lol) but as far as T11 goes you have three separate raids to go to. I do hope they release some other form of raid in 4.1 though even if it is yet ANOTHER CoT...
    No. That would've been datamined already. WotLK had the same amount of raid instances at the beginning. OS, Naxx and EoE, then 3.1 brought only Ulduar which was epic I might add

10+ Year Old Account
    As i remember BC had 3 tier at the same time, that means that players started to gear up in Kara and then they was going to maggy, gruul, and geard up there. Then they did i bit SSC, and then TK folowed by Mount Hyal. Then Black Temple at last. It was not many Raid Patshes in BC, exept Black Temple if i remember it right. So in LK and Cata they desided to relese Raid in patshes. Well it has its good things, and bad things. Longer waittime when raid come out in patshes, Shorter and waraity when they relese it at the same time.
    LOOKI

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looki View Post
    As i remember BC had 3 tier at the same time, that means that players started to gear up in Kara and then they was going to maggy, gruul, and geard up there. Then they did i bit SSC, and then TK folowed by Mount Hyal. Then Black Temple at last. It was not many Raid Patshes in BC, exept Black Temple if i remember it right. So in LK and Cata they desided to relese Raid in patshes. Well it has its good things, and bad things. Longer waittime when raid come out in patshes, Shorter and waraity when they relese it at the same time.
    BT, ZA, and SWP were all patched in...so it had 3 raid patches (2.1, 2.3, and 2.4 if I recall the numbering).
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Krathdar View Post
    does anyone not feel cheated out of raid content similar to BC though? One raid per patch starting with 4.2, somewhat disappoints me is all i'm saying.
    Where are you getting this 1 raid per patch starting with 4.2 from?

thinking about it, if they end it at 4.5 we still get 4 raids, bringing it to 8 total, 9 if you count tol barad....just needed to see some more info i suppose ;D

For srs dude. Next week mmo might have "4 new raids to be included in patch 4.2!" on the headlines. Just cause blizzard hasn't sent you a letter explaining everything they intend to do with cata, doesn't mean they don't intend to do it.

Also: I might be hated for this, but since firelands is large, i'd be cool with a raid or two along the lines of OS and EoE to go with it.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimon View Post
    Where are you getting this 1 raid per patch starting with 4.2 from?
    Indeed. You are jumping to conclusions, Krathdar. Your theory isn't based on anything but earlier expansions, which have nothing to do with Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    does anyone not feel cheated out of raid content similar to BC though? One raid per patch starting with 4.2, somewhat disappoints me is all i'm saying.
    Sneaky sneaky trying to change what you said lulz...don't assume based on nothing. You kno what happens when you assume...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    BT, ZA, and SWP were all patched in...so it had 3 raid patches (2.1, 2.3, and 2.4 if I recall the numbering).
    Yepp, ty for updateing me ZA came out before SWP and SWP was the hardest raid at last in BC.
    LOOKI

So, in Cata we get 12N/13H raid bosses at the start and 9 dungeons.
    At start of LK we got 17 raid bosses and 12 new dungeons at the start.

Cata if we lump 4.1 and 4.2 together, we will have at current available information 2 more dungeons (maybe abyssal maw in 4.2 bringing it up to 3), and a raid with 6 bosses. That gives us now 18N/19H raid bosses and 11 or 12 dungeons.
    Wrath 3.1 gave us ulduar with 14 bosses ... still 12 dungeons but now 31 raid bosses, including the implementation of activating hard modes per boss (incl OS3D prior to that).

So if we are going to say 'smaller patches more often' then 3.1 = 4.1 + 4.2 ... but we are at a great loss of actual content, meaning actual raid bosses. If they had heroic implementation of Naxx instead of the 10/25 model, the content would have been a bit harder for people that needed it harder and still remained an entry level raid for the masses. The closest thing naxx had to hard mode was attempting achievements such as the four horsemen's and they all go down together.

My argument is difficulty =/= content. Cata after 4.2 with benefit of the doubt 18/19 raid bosses and 12 dungeons VS. Wrath with 12 dungeons and 31 bosses at 3.1.

So if we want to continue on that trend of smaller patches ... by 4.4 we will need 13 dungeons and 36 raid bosses. so go go 18/17 more raid bosses.

Cata and Wrath both used a remake of old content, Naxx vs sfk, deadmines, ZA, ZG. they might have some new encounters in them, but most of the foundation was there already (map/layout).

To meet the claim of 'most raid content ever' ... they need to pick up the pace, a lot. And even 'content' wise ... revamping azeroth does not count as actual expansion content, it isn't exclusive ... they just needed to re-do it anyway because it was 6 years old and they've learned from mistakes, not to mention they completely skipped over BC starter zones ability to fly ... and even failed at implementing flying in ghostlands on the ptr.

right, but with the skipping of raids in 4.1, do we know what patch deathwing will be in? LK was only in 4.3? only looks to be same amount as WotLK raid content....just a bit disappointing to me i guess.
    there wasnt more raid content in TBC. maybe even less.

but, talking about that there isnt enough raid content, when we only for sure know one upcomming, and there is still most of the expansion back, is like talking about if the upcomming expansion is good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Caverns of Time: War of the Ancients is expected to drop in 4.2 or 4.3, and I seem to remember something about an underwater raid (and I'm not talking about Abyssal Maw)?
    4.3, along with Abyssal Maw, which will just be a 5 man heroic added to Vasjir. Gotta say, I'm looking foward to it, even though I've heard that it's suppose to be the all-beloved mobs that come in waves...

Quote Originally Posted by incomingnerfs View Post
    So, in Cata we get 12N/13H raid bosses at the start and 9 dungeons.
    At start of LK we got 17 raid bosses and 12 new dungeons at the start..
    Um I think all of us would agree that BWD+BoT+4W > Nax+Maly+OS, both for amount of content and quality of content.

Sure they aren't exactly living up to promises, and this tier is still going on way longer than it should (shouldn't have these 6month+ tiers, especially without gating) but it is still an improvement over early wotlk.