Poll: You have someone who is struggling in a heroic pug. What do you do?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

What is the best way to handle this situation

Lot of debate going on and was wondering which side of the fence is the grass greener. Lets take a hypethical. You are in a heroic and see that a dps, heals, or tank is struggling. Tank can't hold threat on a single target boss, dps is underperforming, healer is going OOM way early in the fight. The group is struggling because of it what do you do?

In the mood for a project? Stay and try to teach. In a hurry or low on patience? Leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameondark View Post
    Lot of debate going on and was wondering which side of the fence is the grass greener. Lets take a hypethical. You are in a heroic and see that a dps, heals, or tank is struggling. Tank can't hold threat on a single target boss, dps is underperforming, healer is going OOM way early in the fight. The group is struggling because of it what do you do?
    Check gear or spec, if it's ok try to find out what else could be wrong by watching the skills the dps/tank/healer is using or by asking the dps/tank/healer if he knows why he''s underperforming.

I just try to kick if the person seems really bad that it would hamper the run. It's what the kickvote feature is for I guess.

If the others don't vote for kick and we end up wiping because of x player, I'll just leave.

Deleted
    Usually try to help them, if they don't answer and play bad enough to cause the group trouble or wipe they get removed.

The LFD tool is typically what people use to learn a new class or spec, or are simply just starting out.
    So, stay and help teach the person if you can and have time, or leave.
    The LFD tool isn't there for people to abuse by kicking everyone that's trying to learn, or isn't up to your skill level; you take the good with the bad in the tool, and as long as someone isn't griefing, kicking them is imo pretty inappropriate.

I've sat through 6 hours of Deadmines teaching new players what to do, and I've left groups where people just couldn't figure it out and forfeited 45 mins of queue time.

If the person is griefing, wearing all PVP gear, abusive, or (for instance) a tank wearing all DPS gear, etc - by all means, kick them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if a person is new they should stick to regs and not try to hop in heroics ASAP if they are not capable of it.
    Welcome to Flavor Town.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    I just try to kick if the person seems really bad that it would hamper the run. It's what the kickvote feature is for I guess. If the others don't vote for kick and we end up wiping because of x player, I'll just leave.
    This is the way i handle it as well.

Deleted
    Normally I try to outperform his bad playing. If I can't I whisper and offer help.

Haven't kicked anyone from a heroic, yet...

I'm a raid leader and I tend to lead in most pug groups I get into as well. I try to sit back and keep my mouth shut, but so many people suck at this game (in LFD pugs), I can't keep quiet most of the time. I ask at the start who doesn't know the fights and explain them to them when we get there. If someone is obviously struggling, I will not hesitate to give them pointers in party chat but I try to word it as a suggestion instead of "bitch do what I say!"

But if it's some retard Ret Pally, for example, constantly running ahead of the tank and pulling after being asked not to, I'll A) let him die and B) vote to kick immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on the people. I've known some absolutely terrible DPS that were just models of decent human beings. Our raid leader used to have such a problem berating them since the guys were so damn likable.

Deleted
    ALL of these three happend in 1 dungeon today. I dpsing as arms warr doing 12-15k in stonecore. then a hunter and a lock doing 6k.
    The healer needed MB after every single pull (rSham) and the tank (paladin) had just as much HP as me and couldnt hold aggro

Deleted

I think we have a situation here! Owhohoho. Now I'll vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post

I think we have a situation here! Owhohoho. Now I'll vote.
    I don't know why but the moment I saw that pic I got the urge to kick him into the pool lol

OT: Personally I would try and help the player as long as they didn't have an attitude problem.

I always say next to nothing unless they have comments about how leet they are and how bad I am (or even someone else in the party whose fault it is not)...that gets me cranking. But I prefer to keep peace, if its a dps, we'll be just fine because I'm there. You can even get away with a bad healer or tank as long as you have at least a couple competent people...under most circumstances, at least, which is why I choose to ignore it.