Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Code:
     em·u·late   
    [v. em-yuh-leyt; adj. em-yuh-lit]  Show IPA
    verb, -lat·ed, -lat·ing, adjective
    –verb (used with object)
    to try to equal or excel; imitate with effort to equal or surpass: to emulate one's father as a concert violinist.
    to rival with some degree of success: Some smaller cities now emulate the major capitals in their cultural offerings.
    Computers .
    a.
    to imitate (a particular computer system) by using a software system, often including a microprogram or another computer that enables it to do the same work, run the same programs, etc., as the first.
    b.
    to replace (software) with hardware to perform the same task.
    Wine fails to achieve to be better or exactly the same, therefore it fails to emulate.

However, Wine does try to achieve the same compatibility as Windows, therefore it is trying to emulate.

It is an emulator.
    Are you dense? There is no need to completely or "better" implement a system in order to claim to be emulating it.
    In fact how would you define "better" when you are trying to create an exact replica?

Wine *implements* functions based on specification and known behavior thereby providing a compatibility layer for native Windows programs.

BUT IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT THE ACRONYM STANDS FOR "Wine Is Not an Emulator" FFS

I'm done arguing with you mactards, seriously it gets exhausting.

They were going to put it on Mac, but they ran into some problems with Mac mice having only one button.
    JK!
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They said Mac is possible in the future, but it is not their priority and is unlikely. Like others have said you should try Wine or bootcamp, or better yet buy a PC.

Deleted
    Im at all these Mac haters Mac is superior in terms of graphic/video editing and you can easily bootcamp into Windows 7 and have it run flawlessly rofling

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bootcamping with Windows 7 is still using Windows.... Yes, Macs are great for video editing, but they aren't meant for gaming. If you run the same game on the Mac OS, then bootcamp with Windows and play the game, you will see it runs much better on Windows.

I don't hate Macs, I just never found a reason why to buy one. I can get the same or better hardware for 1/2 the cost and I don't have to bring my computer to the Apple store to get fixed if there are problems. If I ever started video editing, I may look into Macs, but there are still great programs on Windows for video editing.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-08 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mac vs windows is a useless debate, I myself use both. For normal everyday use I prefer OS X while for gaming I of course go for my windows pc, so I have a windows desktop and a macbook. People who say mac sucks usually have never used a macbook, It's a very solid, stable OS, and very user-friendly. Is it the best? yes and no. For some people it's the best, for other people it's not. If I could play all games on my mac, I would never buy a pc again, until then, I'll stick with both. I will not buy a non-apple laptop anytime soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenagomez View Post
    Mac is superior in terms of graphic/video editing
    [Citation Needed]

Quote Originally Posted by Selenagomez View Post
    Im at all these Mac haters Mac is superior in terms of graphic/video editing and you can easily bootcamp into Windows 7 and have it run flawlessly rofling
    What is so great on Macs for graphics/video editing? I am not sure but I never understood this whole phrase. I am doing graphics/video editing for a few years now ..And I used macs when I was at University.. but I was always happy working on my PC anyway. More familiar (for me) system environment and never ever had any issue on PC working with Photoshop/3ds max/After effects/Adobe Premier at a same time while I had few little issues doing same things on Mac... Speed wise.. my PC was always FAR superior to anything what MacBook could offer me.. but of course..I am comparing desktop PC with MacBook ...

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    What is so great on Macs for graphics/video editing? I am not sure but I never understood this whole phrase. I am doing graphics/video editing for a few years now ..And I used macs when I was at University.. but I was always happy working on my PC anyway. More familiar (for me) system environment and never ever had any issue on PC working with Photoshop/3ds max/After effects/Adobe Premier at a same time while I had few little issues doing same things on Mac... Speed wise.. my PC was always FAR superior to anything what MacBook could offer me.. but of course..I am comparing desktop PC with MacBook ...
    He is implying that the software macs have is better then windows or atleast more optimized for the mac. You know, like every hip mac user who got a mac to edit videos and browse the internet.

On another note, guys who're flaming the OP, What's your reason? He has a mac. Big deal. Stop trying to ridicule his purchase, it's his money, not yours. The OS might not be to your liking but some prefer to have it that way.

Macs aren't intended for gaming, but can do pretty much everything else. Including costing 3x the price of a regular pc with the same specs (OH SNAP)

Deleted
    Ampd413,
    You are so wrong. As both are computers, on which a different Operating System is running. One with Mac OSX, the other with Windows 7. By boot camping the Apple computer, it will run Windows7 100% like it would be on a HP Computer.. You said it was running bootcamp through Mac OSX, that's wrong. Bootcamp will make your computer 100% windows, and gives the possibility to switch whenever u want to 100% Mac OSX in just a few seconds.

Will a HP computer run it better ? No, when comparing the Apple MacBook Pro and a HP Computer, both will almost have the same specs. When using bootcamp on the MacBook Pro, it will automatically have DirectX10 through Windows7. Meaning the computer will run GW2 perfectly on a Apple Computer (and not MAC OSX).

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 12:05 PM ----------

Valve, maker of the most played games ever in the last 12 years with "Counterstrike 1.6", "Counterstrike: Source" and the gaming community software "Steam" made all games compatible for Mac OSX. That means Call Of Duty Black Ops is playable on a Mac computer, without using bootcamp/ crossover/ wine.

If Mac "is so bad" as some people are assuming here, why would the biggest gaming industry (when looking to the past 12 years) also move to Mac OSX ?

Not-liking Mac is okey.. But don't become an ANTI-Mac boy/girl.
    Last edited by mmoc904c0a0fa3; 2011-08-18 at 08:44 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussinboots View Post
    Valve, maker of the most played games ever in the last 12 years with "Counterstrike 1.6", "Counterstrike: Source" and the gaming community software "Steam" made all games compatible for Mac OSX. That means Call Of Duty Black Ops is playable as on a Windows computer, without using bootcamp/ crossover/ wine.If Mac "is so bad" as some people are assuming here, why would the biggest gaming industry (when looking to the past 12 years) also move to Mac OSX ?Not-liking Mac is okey.. But don't become an ANTI-Mac boy/girl.
    I use a Mac and I would just like to laugh at you stating that Steam made all games compatible with Macs. Quick fact for you, only mac compatible games are compatible for macs (and blops isn't one of them).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    I use a Mac and I would just like to laugh at you stating that Steam made all games compatible with Macs. Quick fact for you, only mac compatible games are compatible for macs (and blops isn't one of them).
    LOL. Valve, made all their big games Mac OSX compatible... Look it up before you blame . AND my point is still clear: if Mac is bad, one of the biggest companies at gaming wouldn't take Mac users in, that's all I wanted to state.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a Mac because I am addicted to Elegance, and I can afford the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by Heringer91 View Post
    Will it be released for Mac as well? It looks like an amazing game! but my laptop is a mbp and my pc is a bucket of pig shit compared to it
    Well i can answer this real quick. Onlive would love nothing better then to have this game available. Transgaming would also love nothing
    better then to bottle this game up. But you could also do it yourself using Wineskin Winery, I wouldn't listen to people here, the performance hit from using a mac is not worth thinking about and with games going to the cloud with Onlive in the next couple of years with my 100mb/s connection I really don't care what platform the game is out on.