Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Fortunately Valve is wise enough to leave the series to two episodes. There's countless of examples in the gaming industry where otherwise good series was milked to death...

That said it'll be a sure thing Chell and the portal gun will appear in ep3.

I'm in SPACE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    In theory. One of the science fair potato projects was labled with Chells name.
    Cave Johnson is said to be married to Caroloine.
    GlaDOS says "When i looked up your last name, i found two other test subjects. A man, and a woman...Just something to think about"

Near the end of the underground labs. Cave says all of the scientists had to do mandatory tests (This would mean Caroline and Cave would be in the test subject list.)
    Cave also says if he dies before they can put someones personality on a disc. He wanted Caroline to do it instead. So Caroline would run the labs even after she died as a CPU.

Also Chells last name is always [REDACTED]....Add all of theses together and you get a convincing argument that GlaDOS is Chells mother.
    Oh... my god.
    I mean, I loved the original Portal fanon arguing that Chell may be a clone and that GLaDOS would do the testing because she wanted to die. It was proven untrue, but it felt convincing at the time. However, that was way more vague than this speculation.

This is just... I think it makes perfect sense. And I didn't think of it until now.

Spaaaaaaaaaace!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
    I'd like this to be the last portal, with HL: Episode 3 either having Chell make an appearance, or having you come across the Aperture Science facility with GLADoS active.
    Unless Gordon enters cryostasis again (Which I don't want him to do during the HL2: Episodes era!), there's no way Chell can make an appearance in flesh during Ep.3. During the timespan of HL2, she's doing the first set of tests (Portal 1 is going on), and then she sleeps for several hundred years before Portal 2 starts.

And no, I don't directly object to Gordon sleeping until that time too. That's what the cryostasis contrivance is for. However, that would be in preparation of Half-Life 3. Not before the HL2 story arc is finished.

I'm in SPACE !!!!

But OT ...... what about the rat guy ? The one with schizophrenia ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    Unless Gordon enters cryostasis again (Which I don't want him to do during the HL2: Episodes era!), there's no way Chell can make an appearance in flesh during Ep.3. During the timespan of HL2, she's doing the first set of tests (Portal 1 is going on), and then she sleeps for several hundred years before Portal 2 starts.

And no, I don't directly object to Gordon sleeping until that time too. That's what the cryostasis contrivance is for. However, that would be in preparation of Half-Life 3. Not before the HL2 story arc is finished.
    How come? Imo Portal 1 happens when the combine has just invaded earth after the seven hour war. In portal 2, at the beginning after you have woken up, the announcer voice tries to say something along "you have been in sleep for nine...nine...nine" and shuts off. This propably means nine years.

How long Gordon was in cryostasis before half-life 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Origano View Post
    How come? Imo Portal 1 happens when the combine has just invaded earth after the seven hour war. In portal 2, at the beginning after you have woken up, the announcer voice tries to say something along "you have been in sleep for nine...nine...nine" and shuts off. This propably means nine years.

Wrong, Chell was sleeping for several hundred years, so the system ran out of space for numbers of days.

I think Gordon and Alyx are going to be heading to Aperture Science. They need to find the Borealis, the best place to look for clues would be Aperture. (As seen in Portal 2).
    GlaDOS gets destroyed while the Combine invasion is still going on, so they could enter and the facility would be completely deserted. (GlaDOS would be "dead" Rattman is in stasis. The only "person" that could help guide them would be Wheatly, and judging by his popularity with Valve and the fans its a possibility.

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 08:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    I'm in SPACE !!!!

But OT ...... what about the rat guy ? The one with schizophrenia ?
    In the comic he gets shot, on the brink of death he puts himself in stasis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post
    Lastly, if the portrait hidden in one of the test chambers is to be trusted, Cave and Caroline look like this: http://i.imgur.com/ybcZj.png

Whereas Chell looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/HDsMh.jpg

Now, I've never been particularly good at comparing children to parents so maybe it's just me, but Chell does not look like either Cave or Caroline, nor any combination of the two.
    You think? o.O

I mean, maybe it differs from person to person, but I see a STRIKING similarity between Caroline and Chell in especially those two images.

In the comic he gets shot, on the brink of death he puts himself in stasis.
    That part I know, so he should be still there, somewhere ....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Origano View Post

It's confirmed that she slept for several hundred years. No exact date though. And I don't mind Gordon sleeping that long if they want to pull the "Long era of peace ended with needing our hero again" thing. No problem at all. Just not between episode 2 and 3.

I apologize for being such a noob here, and I <3 Portal 1 and 2 (though I've not finished co-op >.<) but where is everyone getting the name of the single player character being Chell?

Did I miss something in 1 or 2 or was this from the comic I haven't seen yet >.<

Deleted
    I think Gordon and Alyx are going to be heading to Aperture Science. They need to find the Borealis, the best place to look for clues would be Aperture. (As seen in Portal 2).
    GlaDOS gets destroyed while the Combine invasion is still going on, so they could enter and the facility would be completely deserted. (GlaDOS would be "dead" Rattman is in stasis. The only "person" that could help guide them would be Wheatly, and judging by his popularity with Valve and the fans its a possibility.
    Point well made, althought I never objected to the idea. Just to them meeting Chell. Well, meeting Chell in a wake state. But yeah, that could work very well.

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baab View Post
    I apologize for being such a noob here, and I <3 Portal 1 and 2 (though I've not finished co-op >.<) but where is everyone getting the name of the single player character being Chell?

Did I miss something in 1 or 2 or was this from the comic I haven't seen yet >.<
    It was first datamined from the Portal 1 files, and has since been confirmed over and over by devs as well as in the comic.

You think? o.O

I mean, maybe it differs from person to person, but I see a STRIKING similarity between Caroline and Chell in especially those two images.
    ya Chell looks like a younger Caroline. only difference is in the eyes, which people are saying is due to Cave Johnson ingesting moon dust.

and the song posted on page 2.
    Last edited by taco avenger; 2011-04-22 at 09:02 AM.

Deleted
    It's confirmed that she slept for several hundred years. No exact date though. And I don't mind Gordon sleeping that long if they want to pull the "Long era of peace ended with needing our hero again" thing. No problem at all. Just not between episode 2 and 3.
    Aah, allright. Thanks for the correction! Atleast we know now that Earth is still around after Ep3 .

And doing well!

In theory. One of the science fair potato projects was labled with Chells name.
    Cave Johnson is said to be married to Caroloine.
    GlaDOS says "When i looked up your last name, i found two other test subjects. A man, and a woman...Just something to think about"

Near the end of the underground labs. Cave says all of the scientists had to do mandatory tests (This would mean Caroline and Cave would be in the test subject list.)
    Cave also says if he dies before they can put someones personality on a disc. He wanted Caroline to do it instead. So Caroline would run the labs even after she died as a CPU.

Also Chells last name is always [REDACTED]....Add all of theses together and you get a convincing argument that GlaDOS is Chells mother.
    Except Cave isnt an engineer he is just the founder. Although they might consider him a test subject because he had mercury in his body so they had to test the portals and other stuff on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    ..besides the guy was a stubborn daredevil, how could he have resisted the ultimate thrill?
    Just building on this sentence, along with all the pre-recorded messages Cave had made, would it be weird to assume that they are trying to hint towards Chell actually beeing his daughter?
    By just building on the characteristics off her father and how stubborn he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
    Except Cave isnt an engineer he is just the founder. Although they might consider him a test subject because he had mercury in his body so they had to test the portals and other stuff on him.
    I think he willingly tested to see if he could get the moon dust out of his system? I recall he got exposed to something nasty and was hoping they might get a breakthrough to help him.

As for HL speculation, I get the feeling Valve is trying to make it up as they go along, but maybe having some difficulty given the silence on Epi 3 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg388 View Post
    I think he willingly tested to see if he could get the moon dust out of his system? I recall he got exposed to something nasty and was hoping they might get a breakthrough to help him.

As for HL speculation, I get the feeling Valve is trying to make it up as they go along, but maybe having some difficulty given the silence on Epi 3 so far.
    I just read that he got exposed to mercury. Im not sure how and I am not sure how moon dust comes into that. Mercury = Moon Dust?

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
    I just read that he got exposed to mercury. Im not sure how and I am not sure how moon dust comes into that. Mercury = Moon Dust?
    After you get the gamma pumps running and walking through the offices he comments about how toxic the dust is and that he got sick from it.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.