Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Even after all these years and several games, there are so many mysteries and unanswered questions from the Half Life series. This is all intentional, though. Valve understands the power of mystery and imagination. The fact that there are so many hidden possibilities is one of the things that draws us in to Gordon's story, and Portal.

My point being, don't assume that there will be another game just because there is more to figure out. Personally I don't think there should be another Portal. Sometimes it's best just to quit while you're ahead. Valve is obviously extremely creative, let them come up with something new and leave Portal as the masterpiece it is.

OMG
    "the whole game is based in greek myth! ( including atlas and p-body) and glados giving chell the knowledge of the portal guns and being cast into a pit, chell reviving glados ( pandoras box) and wheatly turning on her ( forget the name of the character but also a part of pandoras box) but the creepiest part.... that wheat field in the end, is a common portrail of heaven in greek myth. Meaning that the turrets actually probably shot chell."
    scousereddy2468
    dude that so makes sense
    whether metaphorically or literally i believe chell has earned her peace in elysium or heaven or whatever happy place shes dreamed up
    and she even gets her companion cube
    oh and one more thing...
    SPACE!!!!

Deleted
    is portal 3 possible? sure it is. as already mentioned, you could continue with p-body and atlas, or with one of those new testers they recover in coop. my theory: chell is coming back to rescue those other testers.

Deleted
    I have some stuff for here, but need to be able to post pics for it to work really, ill be back after a few posts

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 07:05 PM ----------

in the pit, one of the "legs" says tartarus, http://www.theoi.com/Protogenos/Tartaros.html

What could that mean? EDIT; reading on, it says somthing about a chidl of dark, and one of light (glados and chell, however maybe a good plot twist in there, glados light, chell dark?)

also aperture had a portal device in 1956, as seen on one of the test chambers

we know that alongside the shaft you climb, there are at least 8 others. Aperture is huge. But why is old aperture condemned, I was expecting a big boss or somthing (an early version of glados?) however its just abandoned test chambers (somthing about cosmic rays though? underground?)

Some proof to the location of aperture, and dates showing its change from shower curtains to portals.

(those didnt quite have the resolution i was hoping for, however its shows cave being shower curtain salesman of the year , then new science company the nexy year. and somthing about buying the salt mine in upper michigan (i think, ints one of the places on the combine overwiki)
    Last edited by mmoc1bfc98ae8f; 2011-05-03 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yewzorz View Post
    What interesting I noticed in that cabinet was all the "runner up" and "2nd place" trophies they got. I guess Black Mesa got the first :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    What interesting I noticed in that cabinet was all the "runner up" and "2nd place" trophies they got. I guess Black Mesa got the first :P
    espeically considering that it seems they had a portal device 45 years before the black mesa incident.. okay, it was bulky (but less so than mesa complex) it could have been fixed to a tank or somthing. and it worked, instead of cascading combine all over earth ^^

This is guilty of space

10+ Year Old Account
    it's already going to add more story to Portal 2 itself apparently.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/29/portal-2-dlc-1-free/

seems legit, dunno if that's true or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    it's already going to add more story to Portal 2 itself apparently.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/29/portal-2-dlc-1-free/

seems legit, dunno if that's true or not.
    Funnily enough, I've seen the "free DLC" thing come up in multiple sites too, most were dutch, but still.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

It's not exactly clear how much time Chell has spent in stasis between events of Portal and Portal 2. At the beginning of Portal 2 she's woken up first time after 50 days of sleep, for mandatory set of physical and mental exercises. Next time she wakes up, the announcer fades out (or stutters) after uttering 5 nines, which could either mean that Chell was sleeping for at least 273 years or that the announcement system reached a maximum. (in the soundfile it can be heard that the "nines" keep repeating until the announcer is done talking, making it about 50 "nines") It may alternatively have broken after much of the facility fell into disrepair after the defeat of GLaDOS at the end of Portal which could also mean that she might have been sleeping for less time than announced. However, reading it in a different way, since the computer was stuttering over only the number nine, but had in fact been able to properly convey the number fifty, it could simply be that Chell was in stasis for any number beginning with the actual word 'nine', thus giving her a possible range of stasis anywhere from three months to many, many years.

this was just taken from the wiki

Portal 3

When chell is out in the field a glados arm claw thing could come out of the door and drag her back in...? maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraide View Post
    I'm not even sure Caroline is successfully deleted. There's a short moment where Glados gets a darker, sarcastically evil "tone" in her voice after she is deleted, and she says "Don't come back" as Chell rides up the elevator... and then the door opens and the Turrets are facing her and pointing laser sights right at her. It's possible this was meant to be a final trap, and that Caroline somehow rebooted at just the right time and gave them new directions on the spot.

Also, from what I've heard that serranade when translated has words somewhere along the lines of "my dear child" or something like that, so it's almost hard to say that Chell and I think Caroline can't even be deleted. I don't even think Caroline is someGlaDOS aren't related. It does make me wonder if something in particular happened on the Bring your Daughter to Work Day that made GlaDOS turn out like she did.

There are some odd time discrepencies between Chell's apparent age (Bring Your Daughter to Work day would have been about in 1998, Cave seems to have been dead by 1980, which would put Chell at 18 making little kids science projects with potato batteries). However, it's possible that Chell is not Caves daughter. Perhaps, even, a clone of Caroline.
    I don't think Caroline can be deleted. I don't even think Caroline was put into GLaDOS just by scanning her brain and killing her in the process.
    There has to be a reason that GLaDOS is just this "small" robot.
    If Caroline was a file in GLaDOS, GLaDOS wouldn't be a robot but rather a ton of servers standing in a room with some kind of face on a monitor.

For some reason I believe that Aperture somehow managed to put Caroline's soul into the robot.
    I support my theory with 2 points:

1: GLaDOS' name. GENETICAL LIFEFORM and Disc Operating System.
    If Caroline was really just code, the robot she ended in would rather be called "Transferred Intelligence and Disc Operating System".[TIaDOS(?)]

2: There are 3 Mainchambers:
    One for prototype GLaDOS. To test if you could run the entire facility from one place.(P2 coop DLC)
    Another one for Portal 1 GLaDOS to test if an AI could run the whole complex.
    GLaDOS final version (v3.1) from Portal 2 was the one with Caroline in it, but got never activated because the bugging beta GLaDOS killed all the scientists.