Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for the Tron: Legacy movie, they are doing the entire soundtrack to it.

[Music]: Daft Punk.

Hey there Daft Lifers,

Tell us...
    -What's your favorite song(s), and why?
    -What do you think of the Tron: Legacy soundtrack?
    -What do you expect Daft Punks next studio album to sound like, or be like?
    -Are you working on a project, like a helmet or gloves?
    -What are your concert experiences?
    Let's discuss Daft Punk!

I'll start...
    I'm currently working on a Thomas Bangalter helmet using a papercrafted model as my base. I'm using the best pepakura design currently out there. It's kind of hard to come by so if you want both Guy and Thomas helmet models then shoot me a PM. All credits for the helmet designs go to Dung0Beetle. Who unfortunately got angry when people began taking credit for his design and in reaction he pulled his designs off the internet. However, a handful of helmet makers have the design. Unlike most, I'm not a fickle person, and believe knowledge is free.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

aren't they supposed to be touring in the next year or two?

Quote Originally Posted by iravemosh View Post
    aren't they supposed to be touring in the next year or two?
    There is a lot of speculation that they're going to do a Tron tour, but no one really knows. Another speculation is they're going to do a cameo at a Kanye West concert. As if that big baby rapper needs to ride on the back of great musicians any more than he already does. It really burns my ass people think that "Harder" was a complete original made by him. I digress.

I hope they do a Tron tour and play some stuff from their upcoming album. It would really be cool if they brought an entire orchestra with them too for the compositions that require it.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

ill see if i can find it but there was something about them being asked if they were going to tour to japan a while back and they said they would be doing a tour in 2011-2012 ill see if i can find it again

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged together all the Daft Punk threads.

Quote Originally Posted by blowbags2 View Post
    I know lol - simple term to poison the stomachs of daft punk fans
    Which is funny because Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger isn't 100% original either lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Merged together all the Daft Punk threads.
    Thank you very much Fuzz.

OT: I would not doubt them touring in Japan soon. The Japanese absolutely love them. I really hope the stop by Chicago and do a show. It makes sense they would do one there considering it is the American capitol of House music, and it's close to Michigan. Even better is if they would do a show in Detroit, but I doubt that. Detroit is a crap shoot and some dumb-ass would probably try to steal their helmets or their giant triangular podium. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Alive 2007 is the best they've done. They are fucking massive live. We will probably see a new album 2011-2012 and some minor touring in France/UK.

They've without any doubt been one of the largest influences in house and electronica since kraftwerk.

Thomas Bangalther has done some really impressive solo work aswell..
    Alive 2007 is most definitely where it's at as far as DP goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikatem View Post
    Alive 2007 is most definitely where it's at as far as DP goes.
    Yup, I have the album for it, and I love it. However, I wont doubt them coming out with better tracks in the future.

I used to really dislike them when I first saw their videos on Toonami when I was in middle school or so. When I got into high school and got into a lot of electronic acts, somethin with them just clicked and I've grown to love them.

Deleted
    Bumping this topic. I been watching Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem and I love it

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90460724266855

I remember the first time I clocked 'Da Funk' on MTV, I thought "wtf is this" but it grew on me and they got better. HBFS was class and some of the versions of Aerodynamique are quality.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Quote Originally Posted by epard View Post
    2 quick things while I'm here first off loving the Questionable Content Avatars and second has anyone seen Interstella 5555 I watched it recently it was actually pretty good
    Hello there.

Only CD I ever bought was "One more time".
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced