Playing Kotor, should I go light side or dark side?

ive never played KOTOR all the way through

should i spend my time trying to stay light side or should i go dark side?

Jedi's are really cool and heroic

but sith are badass and can do all sorts of awesome spells. and black is a great color

idk which to pick

10+ Year Old Account
    KOTOR 1 or 2?

If you want a challenge, go grey and be a Consular. Make wisdom and charisma your highest two stats, by the time you hit 20 (assuming you opted not to level as a scout in KotOR 1) you can have all "awesome" force powers and not even make a dent in your force points.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

kotor 1

and no i dont really want a challenge lol the game takes long enough as it is

inB4 Dark side has cookies

Deleted
    dark side is best if you want to faceroll the game, force lightning is way too OP in that game, you'll play it through as both sides anyway don't worry

play through both dark and light, the game is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vazar-da-priest View Post
    kotor 1

and no i dont really want a challenge lol the game takes long enough as it is
    Well... Dark Side is cheaper Force Storm and Death Field (aoe drain life), Light Side is cheaper buff spells like Valor, Armor, Heal, and such.

If you want ease... go Soldier - Guardian. Lots of life, lots of light saber damage, especially if you roll with a Double Bladed Saber (you won't crit as much compared if you were to have two short sabers). You also get more traits or talents, whatever they're called. Just use little miss Twi'lek for all your splicing and lock picking needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    i found that dark side is easier, simply because if you stuff up a conversation, its easy to get dark side points, where as if you want dark side points, just be a dickhead to everyone. its easier for those who havent played before

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaiine View Post
    dark side is best if you want to faceroll the game, force lightning is way too OP in that game, you'll play it through as both sides anyway don't worry
    i think ill go darkside first, since i dont really enjoy the combat system anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vazar-da-priest View Post
    i think ill go darkside first, since i dont really enjoy the combat system anyways
    I can never manage to play an RPG through all the way as "Bad." It's boring and easy that way...

Well chosen my ally in evil >

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I can never manage to play an RPG through all the way as "Bad." It's boring and easy that way...
    I agree wholeheartedly :-) You basically just call everyone a turd, try to rob them for money or simply just kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibu View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly :-) You basically just call everyone a turd, try to rob them for money or simply just kill them.
    I agree, you miss out on a lot of epic lootz and story by just telling everyone to fuck off.

As some have said, its far easier to choose darkside. And when I say its easier, what I really mean is that it took me forever to actually make it through as full lightside, simply because I would make some tiny mistake and gain darkside points, and then I would have to either reload or just rage and go full on evil. Also, some conversational topics seem innocuous enough but are really steeped in evil it would seem. Stupid misleading questions/decisions.

Was there really any choice?