Deleted

Archaeology: 2x525 arch. can I pop an epic while wielding one sent from the other?

I know this is a confusing topic, but its hard to put it into words very briefly.
    ok here is my situation. I have 2 archaeologists. both are maxed at 525... I solved zin'rokh on one a long time ago and I use it on him still (its a dk), and also on my fury warrior.
    The problem is, as I am using it on a dk and a warrior, I cant trade it between them and keep a useful enchant (runeforging would wipe landslide, and landslide sucks for dps dk compared to the runeforged stuff), so i would like to have 2.
    now the thing is I found the sword while i was digging with my dk, but I wear it on my warrior quite often... if I am digging with my warrior while wearing the sword is it possible to pop a new zin'rokh? or am i just ruining my chances of getting a second one (yeah its unique, so i cant carry two.. I just want to know if it will pop at all)
    anyone have any experience with this?

I believe the procs are different for each character, so even if your warrior hasn't found it, it should still proc but you might not be able to craft it because of it being unique

it's only unique per character, you can have 10unique items on your account just not on the same character.
    *edit*
    if it pops i imagine it would be sent to your mailbox.

Interesting question. I have no idea what the answer is. My guess is that because it's the item itself that's unique, not the archaeology solve, you might be able to pop it as an artifact but not actually solve it if you're already wielding one.

Get the mace from Magmaw. Problem solved.

Your chance to get two is... minimal, I bet. Possible but minimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

I'd ask this on the official forums. You can't have 2 of the same Unique items on your character at all, yet I highly doubt that the procs from archaeology are shared. Why not get Landslide and be done with it? Also, trying to get 2 Zin'rohk's...yikes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerix View Post
    I'd ask this on the official forums. You can't have 2 of the same Unique items on your character at all, yet I highly doubt that the procs from archaeology are shared. Why not get Landslide and be done with it? Also, trying to get 2 Zin'rohk's...yikes.
    landslide on a dk is a significant dps loss over rune of the fallen crusader (15%str proc).. I mentioned that in the initial post

as for getting the mace from magmaw as necronium suggested... its not as good as zin'rokh for either character... ive killed nefarian plenty of times though but dont want to blow my rp on the other sword that is basically the same as zin'rokh (rather wait for heroic akirus)

thanks to all though.. I guess I will ask on the official forums

Hrmmm........what about duelwielding it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lambach View Post
    Hrmmm........what about duelwielding it?
    U-Nique

Unique

Can only have one.

Getting this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Critcryin View Post
    U-Nique

Unique

Can only have one.

Getting this?
    Actually, no. Can you go over it again? You know, without all the extra info and such. ONLY what is needed to know.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Necronium View Post
    Get the mace from Magmaw. Problem solved.

Your chance to get two is... minimal, I bet. Possible but minimal.
    Zinrok is more comparable to Ashkandi, considering they're top end damage is the same opposed to Magmaw and Cho'galls weapons which is roughly 200 lower(on normal, at least).

And I would just ask a GM. They SHOULD give you some sort of helpful answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Actually, no. Can you go over it again? You know, without all the extra info and such. ONLY what is needed to know.
    I was quoting the guy asking about dual wielding it.

unique items can only be equiped once at a time. I believe you can have 2 in your bags, but not equip both

edit:

This point was to clarify prior questions about having unique items on multiple toons.

:
    Last edited by morpsend; 2011-04-22 at 06:01 AM. Reason: i was unclear on my point

Quote Originally Posted by morpsend View Post
    unique items can only be equiped once at a time. I believe you can have 2 in your bags, but not equip both
    First off that's unique-equipped, if it's unique, you can only have one of them. Secondly, the crafting probably just fails when you attempt to craft it, it can still pop, but you can't solve it until it's not in that character's inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by berenzen View Post
    First off that's unique-equipped, if it's unique, you can only have one of them. Secondly, the crafting probably just fails when you attempt to craft it, it can still pop, but you can't solve it until it's not in that character's inventory.
    I dont know how unique items work for BOA. His question is if he has zin'rok on one of his toons can he make it one another toon can he use both at the same time.

The answer is no.

As to what Berenzen said, I dont think you understood the question. you are correct that if he tried to craft it with it in his inventory the game would not allow him to do it because he already had one in his bags, but we arent talking about that, we are talking about him crafting another item on a completely different toon.

To be more specific to my answer... BOA unique items i think you are the first time i've seen the questions posed. As far as I know the game, you are allowed to craft unique items on seperate toons. and i believe the fact they are BOA Items the game wouldn't stop you from making them on different toons.
    Last edited by morpsend; 2011-04-22 at 06:01 AM.

I'm pretty sure it can pop on your warrior considering you haven't made it on your warrior yet, as it came from your deathknight, but as I haven't popped it yet(and would be lucky as fuck if I did) I can't say for sure.

If it does pop, it'll more than likely just fail whenever you try to complete the solve until the zin your already using is back on your deathknight would be my guess.

if you do get it on two seperate toons, i'd suggest not bragging in the zin'rok thread.. that would just be in bad taste. ((please oh please get it on two toons and post it in the http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...farming-for-it
    thread!!!))