Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

let mind flay be cast when running ?

I think it should be a great idea to let mind flay to be cast when running , since shadow priests are very weak when a meele is hunting them , Devouring plague is the only spell we have then , And it sux , atleast i think mind flay would be great if it could be cast when running

What do you think?

Wait......shadow priests are WEAK when melee hunt them??? Only if you're:

a) Not kiting them
    b) Not using CC
    c) Turreting like a dumbass

Priests have plenty of spells to get melee off their tails, including Dispersion, Psychic Horror, and Psychic Scream. Also, SW:P is an insta-cast, and I'm fairly sure you have more spells you can throw on the go. And I only have a limited idea of what priests can do......

Deleted
    Dispresion last for some few seconds then u are weak again and dont forget that the meele will slow u all the time

15+ Year Old Account
    Mind Spike should be instant cast. At least it would be worth losing your DoTs on the target then.

Deleted
    Well just think that priest should have somthing more to cast when running ,

....so cast Fear and run away. And in what context are we taking this? Arena, BG's, or PVP in general?

@ Ultima: Mind Spike isn't instant? I've just barely started my priest, and I was under the impression it was instant........weird :P

Deleted
    Im sorry but if you can't get a melee off from you you are not using everything. You have disarm, a pretty short CD fear, dispersion, and you can heal.

fade removes movement impairing effects, u can spec/glyph it for 15 seconds i believe

Deleted
    PVP in general , but mostly arena , sure fear gives u time to cast some mind flay and maybe a mind blast , but before you know it he will hunt you again ,

Shadow Priests are incredibly strong vs melee. This is totally unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind flaying while running combined with the fact that it slows enemies would be a tad too strong versus melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Danne034 View Post
    PVP in general , but mostly arena , sure fear gives u time to cast some mind flay and maybe a mind blast , but before you know it he will hunt you again ,
    Case solved. In arena, you have at least 1 partner with you. I suggest you (ab)use their CC skills to avoid being tunneled. Just my 2 cents.

Psychic Scream, dispersion, Psychic horror, etc...

If you are having issues with melee having too much uptime on you, then you are not good at priest PvP and need to relearn how to handle your class.

Deleted
    I agree i think Priest should be able to use mindflay when running. Id also like them to have Plate and a 10 Minute stun and 8forms of CC.

But this will never Happen... Why? Because Shadow Priests are hard to kill!

Deleted
    If you fear an enemy its to gain space. Not so you can stand at the same spot you were and get some of your casts off. You fear, dot the player up with VE, DP and SW: P maybe mindblast then run away! Your dots keep ticking + you have a much higher chance to proc shadow apparitions which also do damage. By the time your dots fall off you should only have a few seconds left on your Fear CD and hopefully you've still got space. If you get hit with a ranged slow then you 1) Dispel it if possible or 2) Fade (which glyphed has a 15 second CD). Shadow priests have so many tools and have many advantages if you actually use them.

Not sure why anyone would come here to expect good pvp advice, most dont really know anything, go look up stuff on arena junkies.

No way. It'd be like giving Ice Lance a slowing effect! No one could catch up to you as long as you kept the spell going.

I say you just re-roll if you cant play your priest.

Deleted
    Pr0 advice from the MMO forums once again

What do you think?
    No way!

SP's would be WAY too powerful in arenas if what was the case.

The idea of a SP is: yes, if a melee hits you, it will hurt, but the SP can and should use dots and kite the melees (by kite, I mean PROPER kite, ie: dot himup and run behind a objet, ...). If you do that well, melees shouldn't give you too much of a hard time