Poll: Mage or DK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    both dks and mages are easy to play so yeah
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Also i think rogues are really cool but on my server (Tichondrius) is packed with them so it would probably get annoying to see the same class as me everywhere I go.

Deleted
    i got both dk and mage. mage is def more fun.

But which do you do better with, and which involves less skill one of the main reasons. I don't want to pick a Mage is because of mana and i like melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    Mages are easy to be mediocre with but harder to play well. DKs require a bit more attention earlier on, but you roflstomp things without even trying. I'd say it depends on your team makeup, if your partner is a healer go DK, if your team has lots of CC then take the mage.
    This has to be the most meaningless post I've ever read on these forums. That says alot. Two whole sentences and you didn't actually say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecakes View Post
    I don't want to pick a Mage is because of mana and i like melee.
    The only time mages seem to run out of mana is if they're bad with wasting mana while only ever using frost armor, but it looks like frost armor can be glyphed for mana regen in 4.1 anyway. Between that, evocation, and your conjured food, mana should really never be a problem. Also, you probably won't like melee for very long if you fight a frost mage as one.

If you level a hunter, you had best be locking your exp somewhere around 70 if you want to be anywhere useful in pvp. Hunters at 85 brackets are in a pretty horrible place. (From a rogue's PoV)

Pick rogue if you like stealth and the option of picking what you want to try (Albeit normally succeed) to kill whatever you choose.
    Pick a DK if you want to steamroll with a healer on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueguy View Post
    If you level a hunter, you had best be locking your exp somewhere around 70 if you want to be anywhere useful in pvp. Hunters at 85 brackets are in a pretty horrible place. (From a rogue's PoV)

Pick rogue if you like stealth and the option of picking what you want to try (Albeit normally succeed) to kill whatever you choose.
    Pick a DK if you want to steamroll with a healer on your team.
    Thank you for the first comment that actually answered my question i think ill go with rogues because i really like picking my opponents.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    www.arenajunkies.com

I don't want to be a dick, but that is THE premier website for PVP. This isn't. They also have videos/guides/macroes/anything anyone could ever need.
    i disagree, skill capped is better.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

So I saw someone complaining about their warrior vs feral druid thread close because you're not suppose to ask what class to play, which was also closed. Yet this one does not get closed?

I didn't start the thread, by the way, just I'm not a fan of arbitrary moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    So I saw someone complaining about their warrior vs feral druid thread close because you're not suppose to ask what class to play, which was also closed. Yet this one does not get closed?

I didn't start the thread, by the way, just I'm not a fan of arbitrary moderation.
    The other thread was closed by a Super Mod. You're confusing arbitrary with random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    The other thread was closed by a Super Mod. You're confusing arbitrary with random.
    Arbitrary is random use of authority in his context. I would have to think he was correct there.

it depends....do want to find your 4 bottons you get to use with no purpose and still win?
    or actually have to learn to play a class??

Mages- you have blink, you have multiple unbreakable CC's, you can conjure water and drink mid fight, you have 2 offensive spells you need, 2 cc's that you can easily catch people in, and a spell that refreshes EVERY cooldown.[ cold snap]

DK. -manage silences, a pet, procs, range, AMS, Runes, Runic power, LOS. does have nice heals though, and pretty little NS toy
    UH DK- Karrod

if you plan on pvp make a frost mage, melee is just gimping yourself in casterclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rtjason View Post
    Arbitrary is random use of authority in his context. I would have to think he was correct there.
    Look, I'm not hear to teach you vocabulary, but if you think arbitrary is a synonym for random, you really need to crack open that primary school vocab book.

EDIT: Or a dictionary. Or a thesaurus.

TL;DR: Random and arbitrary do not mean the same things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Look, I'm not hear to teach you vocabulary, but if you think arbitrary is a synonym for random, you really need to crack open that primary school vocab book.

EDIT: Or a dictionary. Or a thesaurus.

TL;DR: Random and arbitrary do not mean the same things.
    ar·bi·trar·y/ˈärbiˌtrerē/Adjective
    1. Based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
    2. (of power or a ruling body) Unrestrained and autocratic in the use of authority.

That's from dictionary.com. If you would like I can get you more sources to further your education.
    Now look at what I posted in regards to saying "the context he used it". I would appreciate it if you continue not teaching me vocabulary.

Damn. I just had to do it.
    : depending on individual discretion (as of a judge) and not fixed by law <the manner of punishment is arbitrary>
    a : not restrained or limited in the exercise of power : ruling by absolute authority <an arbitrary government> b : marked by or resulting from the unrestrained and often tyrannical exercise of power <protection from arbitrary arrest and detention>
    a : based on or determined by individual preference or convenience rather than by necessity or the intrinsic nature of something <an arbitrary standard> <take any arbitrary positive number> <arbitrary division of historical studies into watertight compartments — A. J. Toynbee> b : existing or coming about seemingly at random or by chance or as a capricious and unreasonable act of will <when a task is not seen in a meaningful context it is experienced as being arbitrary — Nehemiah Jordan>

If you need help with capricious, let me know.
    Last edited by rtjason; 2011-04-27 at 08:06 PM.