Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You should check into other things like sound drivers, try disable sound (Ctrl-S) and see if you get more FPS. Also disable effects one by one and see if you get a huge FPS jump on any of them. Check that you don't run anti aliasing on transparent textures that might cause huge fps drops in some locations in WoW.

Edit: Just read that you can turn down to low and still get low FPS. This is really an indication of either Sound drivers/hardware thats bad (in combat with 25 people you get a lot of sound sources), some effect setting in gfx card drivers (that you override wow settings with) or some addon thats gone crazy.
    Last edited by Nitrax; 2011-04-22 at 09:27 AM.

As one of the owners of i7-2600K, who has gone from Q9550 I can state that going to SB will increase your minimal FPS by a lot in WoW, because it's very CPU dependent. Also Ultra settings for shadows is an utter crap, minimal visual benefits but sets back your FPS by a mile even on a GTX580 (personal experience).

P.S.

If you played with modern 1920x1080 screen, you'd be seeing 30-40fps speeds like everybody else...
    Exactly, I'm amused by people coming and claiming huge FPS just because they play at the ancient resolutions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordankrynen View Post
    Right now i am using a AMD Phenom II X6 1090t BE with asus 6870 on a M4A88T-M/USB3 and g skills ripsaw 1600mhz 8 gb
    i play 25 man raids and use all my settings at high. in raid combat (25) i drop to anywhere from 20-30 which is way too low for the money i put in this system and have tried everything to get the best i can out of it from overclocking to better cooling. no luck
    So from my hardware that i have listed above it only seems to me that the CPU is way underpowered
    iv heard some people using the i5 2500k and get my same situation but with 70+ fps... which is what i want

if i were to "upgrade" to the i5 2500k use the same video card, ram and use a popular sandy bridge board. will i get this FPS boost
    or is there something im missing all together with this AMD?

sorry if its kind of ranty but i spent quite a bit of cash on this system to only get a few extra fps more than a old P4 processor
    any help/tips is appreciated
    catalyst throttling your clock settings on your gpu. I've had it set mine down to as low as 100 mhz when it was running wow over my 945Mhz clock

10+ Year Old Account
    Then we should get the Op to tell us his monitor's specs to give him more help.

And Well if i get my new monitor im going to find a rez that looks nice words look like words , but balance with fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Then we should get the Op to tell us his monitor's specs to give him more help.

And Well if i get my new monitor im going to find a rez that looks nice words look like words , but balance with fps.
    my resolution is 1920x1080 at 60 i can also run it a 59hz but again i can never achive a framerate higher than 60 so what does that matter (i can switch my resolution to 800x600 and play low settings in raid combat again no fps gain

also my GPU is clocked at 915 core and 1050 memory never higher but it idles at 300hz all around when not in use
    but i highly doubt thats the problem