Looking for pointers

Hiya. Posting this before I go to sleep and I'll check it tomorrow. I'm looking for some pointers on my Disc spec and gearing. I like holy a lot more but unfortunately Disc just trumps holy in too many ways that I need to start focusing on itemizing for Disc instead. Below is a link to my armory which has my current disc gear setup and spec. I would have liked to get the extra Shadowfiend CDR, but I thought the haste was too important to give up. I have to get Inspiration because we have no other class that gives that buff. Anything I should change? Thanks in advance. (10/13 heroic 10-man raider, looking for people with experience to respond please.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...flictid/simple
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2011-04-22 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    Check this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Priest-Guide

If you are bubble spamming, I'd get more MST.
    If you are tank healing, 30% CRT > 32.5% MST > HST
    If you are raid healing spec holy.

Deleted
    when i look at your armory, i notice that you reforge haste to mastery and mastery to haste. i don't know of any haste caps for disc, and if there was one, i doubt it is 6.64%.

edit: also isn't focused will a PvP talent? and why haven't you picked up strength of soul?
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2011-04-22 at 08:37 AM.

I forgot to say I do 10mans, so I'll edit that in there. But Holy isn't very viable in 10mans when you don't have a raid cooldown for everything. So I do a bit of everything as the disc priest because we run Holy pally, Disc Priest, Resto Druid. I'm basically the swing healer between tanks and raid. I try to have a decent balance of both haste and mastery.

You would be surprised how often Focus Will procs. Extremely usefull on constant damage fights like Nef HM p2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Check this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Priest-Guide

If you are bubble spamming, I'd get more MST.
    If you are raid healing spec holy.
    This is pretty accurate for the most part (I disagree with the tank healing stat priority but I don't tank heal so I'd probably get schooled if I said anything more than this.)

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    edit: also isn't focused will a PvP talent? and why haven't you picked up strength of soul?
    FW is extremely useful and good to have for several later heroic boss encounters.
    SoS is situational and I feel it's a personal preference/playstyle talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    I try to have a decent balance of both haste and mastery.

You would be surprised how often Focus Will procs. Extremely usefull on constant damage fights like Nef HM p2.
    I'm looking at your armory and it looks like your gear is probably how you had it for holy? As holy you probably never had to watch your mana. Disc is a little trickier when it comes to mana (again, depending on how you play it). You're probably going to want to make sure that everything has spirit on it first and don't reforge spirit to something else, ever.

I would unforge your cloak and belt. I would reforge your belt's crit to mastery. I could continue but this is a good starting point. Until you learn your disc playstyle, I'd say a good mix of mastery, haste, and crit would be ideal. Once you know what you cast and how often you cast it you'll know what you need more of.

As for your spec - I'd move 1 point from empowered healing to divine fury, and the 2 points you have in darkness to veiled shadows. Atleast to start - if you find you don't need the extra cd reduction for fiend and you don't have mana issues, put the points back - but it isn't very often I see disc priests without VS.

Glyphs are fine.
    One of my favorite things about disc is that there is no 1 right spec - there are many talents that really depend on the player and their playstyle. Keep in mind the suggestions I've given may or may not mesh well with your playstyle. Goodluck and have fun!

I've actually always found disc to be better mana wise. I'm experimenting with a few talents for next week and we'll see how it goes. Also, I do have 4set, but I find it really clunky to use as disc, so I'm currently using only 2set. Once, 4.1 hits I'll use 4set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our 4pc is definitely 'clunky' lol, I like that you used that word to describe it. In 4.1 it'll be much better. Right now I switch between Robes of the Burning Acolyte and tier chest (4pc) depending on the fight.

If you don't have mana issues as disc, bless your heart!

edit: GET A RAPTURE TIMER! Even if you don't have mana issues, I used one last night for the first time - it's awesome. Ingela's Rapture
    Last edited by Mikayo; 2011-04-22 at 08:19 PM.

bubble spam ftw

Yea, I have a rapture time with Fortexorcist. So maybe that's why my mana isn't that terrible?

This isn't entirely accurate. Its 30% single target raidbuffed crit, which means it factors in the multiplicative bonuses from RH[10%] & 5% crit buff, as well as the gain from paw/kings via INT increase.

Trying to reach 30% crit on your paper doll is just plain out of the question for the T11 budget.

Well, what should my stats be looking like if I an supposed to be playing the all-around role? Like I said, we have a Holy Pally and Resto Druid. So I basically just fill in the gaps in what either of them are doing. Am I on the right track? (Remember, 10man guild)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    This isn't entirely accurate. Its 30% single target raidbuffed crit, which means it factors in the multiplicative bonuses from RH[10%] & 5% crit buff, as well as the gain from paw/kings via INT increase.

Trying to reach 30% crit on your paper doll is just plain out of the question for the T11 budget.
    Makes sense. Guess I should have read your guide more in-depth.

Well, what should my stats be looking like if I an supposed to be playing the all-around role? Like I said, we have a Holy Pally and Resto Druid. So I basically just fill in the gaps in what either of them are doing. Am I on the right track? (Remember, 10man guild)
    You are running the same setup as us. I run holy with HST > MST and it works perfectly.

Yeah, I run all three roles depending on the fight. Sometimes I'm full-time raid. Sometimes half the fight I'm raid, and other half I'm tank. Still others I'm full tank.

I run a heavy HST>MST build and find it to be adequate for all roles. To give you an idea, I have enough HST to drop my 2.5sec casts down to 2.05sec.

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 10:19 AM ----------

Makes sense. Guess I should have read your guide more in-depth.
    No worries, just make sure to quote people accurately. That is how things like "12.5%" become unholy law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    No worries, just make sure to quote people accurately. That is how things like "12.5%" become unholy law.
    You mean how you get 12.5% haste and then go full mastery? (sorry, couldn't help myself )