Poll: Was this fair?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Fair?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    ... Your logic is flawed. The proc on the transmute is similar to the tailor being given material for one pair of pants and, mystically, creating two pairs.
    No, my logic is fine, my analogy is flawed, cause there are no procs in RL, you should either nevermind that nuance or nevermind the P.S. completely.

I can actually fix the analogy: instead of material - give tailor money and ask him to buy material. You know what material costs and you give just enough money for 1 pair of pants, but what you don't know is that they have a SALE on material at 50% discount. So tailor uses half of your money to buy the material and keeps the other half of money for himself, not charging you any fee, of course.

So there, there ARE procs in RL, after all.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2011-04-22 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    No, my logic is fine, my analogy is flawed, cause there are no procs in RL, you should either nevermind that nuance or nevermind the P.S. completely.

I can actually fix the analogy: instead of material - give tailor money and ask him to buy material. You know what material costs and you give just enough money for 1 pair of pants, but what you don't know is that they have a SALE on material at 50% discount. So tailor uses half of your money to buy the material and keeps the other half of money for himself, not charging you any fee, of course.

So there, there ARE procs in RL, after all.
    In which case YOU should have known about the sale and YOU should have planned accordingly.You know,just like it happens IRL.Fancy that,exactly the same as the case of getting a transmute proc without specifically asking for a transmute master.

Turns out your logic is flawed after all.

Deleted
    He bought your CD, not one bar. If he reported you to GM you would get notification from scamming. Choose your words carefully and consider yourself lucky he havent reported you. In future make sure other side understands he gets only 1 bar and extras are yours. (and yes reported crafter twice before and got my extra bars via GM.)

Deleted
    Transmute Master WTS Truegold CD, 100g if i keep procs, 400g if you keep procs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    In which case YOU should have known about the sale and YOU should have planned accordingly.You know,just like it happens IRL.Fancy that,exactly the same as the case of getting a transmute proc without specifically asking for a transmute master.

Turns out your logic is flawed after all.
    Dude, just because it HAPPENS (even IRL) doesn't make it FAIR (even IRL). My logic is flawless. And you should stand corrected.

keep it ofc he got what he wanted and if he gets butthurt just ignore him

We are not in RL. You cant magically make 2 pants out of the materials of 1.

We are in WoW, He wanted a transmute for a bar, he didnt ask for specced alchis to do it --> He expected 1 bar for his materials and money.

Thats all he payed for and he got it, even for free. He couldnt know he was Xmute alchi, so he couldnt even expect a procc. Next time dont aceppt group invites and keep the proccs secret, so you spare yourself the drama.

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Dude, just because it HAPPENS (even IRL) doesn't make it FAIR (even IRL). My logic is flawless. And you should stand corrected.
    Its fair, if someone makes his work really really good so that he produces more out of a given thing than anybody else, to not even get the slightest profit out of it?

Your logic is flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    We are not in RL. You cant magically make 2 pants out of the materials of 1.
    I have already changed "material" to "money" in analogy. But you are right I can't make it MAGICALLY. But with some dishonesty I can.
    We are in WoW, He wanted a transmute for a bar, he didnt ask for specced alchis to do it --> He expected 1 bar for his materials and money.
    No he was buying CD as in Cool Down. Not CanDy bar. He shouldn't have asked for specced - he was buying CD. It is obvious from his reaction that he didn't expected just 1 bar, he was definitely hoping for a proc, I know, I always hope for it.
    Thats all he payed for and he got it, even for free. He couldnt know he was Xmute alchi, so he couldnt even expect a procc. Next time dont aceppt group invites and keep the proccs secret, so you spare yourself the drama.
    He payed for CD but received half of it. Yeah he get the fee back, but he lost more anyway. And that's very nice of you to suggest LYING.

Its fair, if someone makes his work really really good so that he produces more out of a given thing than anybody else, to not even get the slightest profit out of it?

Your logic is flawed.
    It is fair to give all the product produced from client's resources unless stated otherwise BEFORE accepting the job. You can't change rules on the fly. Profit is irrelevant. You set the price - that is your profit. Yes you can cheat and keep the proc - but don't call it fair. Do not embrace your cognitive dissonance - resolve it.

even if u would have demanded the 90g tip it would have been fair

If he was looking for an "Alchemist" to do the transmute, procs are yours... however if he was looking for a TRANSMUTE Alchemist, then the Procs are his as long as he's paying extra for it, like double the amount for x2, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    If he was looking for an "Alchemist" to do the transmute, procs are yours... however if he was looking for a TRANSMUTE Alchemist, then the Procs are his as long as he's paying extra for it, like double the amount for x2, etc.
    Yeah, like you did the twice the job. Greedy bastards...

Something you could try in the future to eliminate the drama is to keep a truegold bar on you at all times. Then when someone (who doesn't specify Xmute master or otherwise have a deal w/ you to keep procs for themselves) gives you mats/fee, you give them the bar. Then you can xmute w/ their mats in private to get your 1 bar that you keep on you at all times back. If you happen to proc while crafting that one bar... hey.... pure profit. Nothing shady about it either UNLESS you are advertising yourself as a xmute master while you're arranging the deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not fair, to you that is.

Seeing as you didn't know the guy, you should have kept the extra bar for yourself and demanded the 90g too. That was the arrangement. But if you want to be a "nice guy" then go ahead.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2011-04-22 at 11:48 AM.

personally, if i where looking for a truegold cd, and it procced. id ask for the second bar on 2x fee. if he wont agree on it, ill happily agree on either 1x or no fee, whatever he proposes.

Everyone wants something for nothing, and when they get it, they want more of it for even less.

10+ Year Old Account
    because he didn't say he want the xmute before you made it, its yours, you even offered for free, hes being greedy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

When somebody buys my CD, I give them whatever results from using my CD. If it procced extras, they are not mine. I was paid to press a button, and the mats were not mine to begin with.

Even when somebody does not openly states that he wants want to buy my CD but wants me to transmute something for him, and it takes a CD, I will charge him accordingly and whatever comes out of that it is all his.

If I am paid to do a job and for some reason I do a masterfully amazing work, should I charge extra for that? If it took the same effort, then it is the same price.

That is my take on this.

Deleted
    My opinion on this matter is:-

People who advertise "WTB Truegold CD" are looking to buy just that the CD. Any one that sells there CD to the people advertising are selling what ever is made from that CD, if it proc's then all that is made from said CD should be given to the buyer at the agreed price that was stated.

He did not proc the extra so in no way do I see he deserves it.
    Unless he says he's looking for a transmute spec'd Alchemist and pays for it then he doesn't have claim to anything he didn't pay for.

15+ Year Old Account
    To me, if a person doesn't specify if he's looking for a transmute master, then he's simply looking for an alchemist that can turn his mats into 1 bar. So that's exactly what he'll get, 1 bar.

If you want to cross your fingers for any additional procs, just advertise that you're looking for a transmute master.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan