Cauterize and H Valiona

Just wondering if cauterize would save us from such a spell as blackout on this fight?

I assume it would, but I haven't tested it.

It does save you from meteorite combined with fabulous flames, which then leaded to the following comment on TS: "why is there an ice cube flying around?"
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Its saves you from blackout

If the blackout on heroic doesn't leave some sort of DoT on you I don't see why it wouldn't work out. You gotta be careful though if you don't want to waste your iceblock to remove the cauterize debuff make sure your healers know to heal you up fast or you'll die from the DoT from cauterize + any missiles that might hit you.

I know if I ever get blackout when we do it on normal I just run into an open area where there's nobody around and I just eat the blackout or if I'm feeling like an ass I'll go hug my warlock friend and watch him attempt to scramble away from me.

15+ Year Old Account
    It does. rawr too short

Yeah it does save you BUT you have to let the debuff fall off after 15 secs. If it gets healed off you.... you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloinn View Post
    Yeah it does save you BUT you have to let the debuff fall off after 15 secs. If it gets healed off you.... you die.

Are you sure about that as that seems to be an odd mechanic.

Deleted
    I assume you mean dispelled? On normal if I get dispelled it doesn't kill me.. it just procs cauterize..

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    I assume you mean dispelled? On normal if I get dispelled it doesn't kill me.. it just procs cauterize..
    On heroic the debuff cannot be dispelled ATM. It must be healed off of you. Healing it off = instagib. Letting it run it's duration = cauterize proc.

I got hit for ~1.4 million and was just stunned as to why cauterize didn't proc on it during a 10 man offnight kill quite some time ago.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Just posting to confirm it works indeed this way even if it sounds weird.

Needlessly dangerous to sit there for 15 seconds, praying you don't get targeted by enough meteors to avoid proccing it to begin with, since you can't have it healed off or you'd die anyways. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Needlessly dangerous to sit there for 15 seconds, praying you don't get targeted by enough meteors to avoid proccing it to begin with, since you can't have it healed off or you'd die anyways. :P

Or wait a bit until 4.1 I assume which is likely to hit us this week.