another razer naga question post

so i bought myself the razer naga today and i had a few questions. if there was already a post sorry coulnd really find any answers there.

I'm pretty new to the whole mouse binding thing tho i wanted to force myself in trying to use it but the only problem is i find myself to going back to my old ways pretty easely as i often mistake myself from buttons.

now what i was wondering as a new person to this mouse will it take me long to adjust myself to the buttons?

and then the other thing i just put powers on to the bar but do you people put the most used powers on surten buttons? as example for me its harder to press the 3 on the mouse then the 1 and 2 same goes for 6 and 9.

now is this only an adjustment issue or do people bind the less frequent powers to those buttons?

(ps: if your here to flame or call me a noob don't bother posting as this is me just asking for some help about a new mouse)

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the naga as holy pala, i have my longer cooldowns bound to it, while still using the 1-5, alt 1-5 for skills like holy shock, divine light, etc. it took me about 1-2 raids to get the hang of it.

I can't bind my spam skills to the mouse buttons because my thumb gets tired fast like that

Deleted
    You will get used to it and start getting memory on what ability is where. As you stated i do the same, i have all the easiest buttons to get to bound to the spells i use more often. 10-12 i find hard to get to so have "one time a fight" things on like mana and long cd's

I have a naga myself and use 6 buttons actively and a couple others for stuff like professions(prospecting) or mounts, stuff that I don't need in combat. It's not hard teaching yourself to use the buttons. Just stand in the middle of Org/SW and keep pressing the buttons or try them at a practice dummy. It's all about repetition.

My buttons are bound to my Function keys:
    1 = F12
    2 = F11
    3 = F10
    4 = F9 (I wanted to save myself from keybinding Alt+F4 like a numpty)
    Last edited by Appelcalypse; 2011-04-22 at 12:28 PM.

You'll get used to it really fast.

I switched my mouse to use the numpad and use all the buttons for stuff I didn't have room for on my keyboard binds. Stuff like swiftmend, potions, berserking(trollracial), Battle Rez, Trinkets, DPS abilities that I don't use often, etc.
    Like someone already said, I wouldn't recommend putting any spamming abilities on the mouse buttons because it will hurt your thumb, but something you do every 5-10 seconds or something is perfectly fine and comfortable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have mine bound to the num pad and depending on which toon I'm on certain keys do certain things. Every one of them all have the same bindings for utility stuff like mounting, auto running, opening bags/map, casting survey for arch, but the 1-3 are usually character specific. For my main I use it to drop my totems. Each Call of the Elements is bound to those buttons so I can quickly drop totems specific to group makeups. On my warrior I have 1-3 set for each stance.

I have like almost everything bount to it. I have 1-12, then Ctrl + 1-12 then Alt + 1-12. It really does take a lot of getting used but once you know where each button is located its almost like natural that I know what to press in which situation. All my healing abilities are mouse over macro'd, so I dont even have to target the person and it works really well, almost better than I had hoped. Theres even two more buttons on the top left (Guessing you know that as you bought one) which I have mounts, companions and auto run bound to. I guess its personal preference, and I know a guildy who has had it for probably over a year now and uses it like a 2 button mouse cause he hates the keypad. But yea, stick in there and you will get used to it. Try doing some easy stuff like normal dungeons to start with or even battlegrounds, then start to use it in harder areas. I wouldn't want to be group with a new guy on the keypad anyways.

Perhaps I missed it but what class / role are you?

I've had my mouse a long time, but when I first got it, I tried to rebind my main rotation to it. It was horrible. What I ended up doing is binding all the stuff I use daily but had been clicking. This turned out to be tons of stuff, especially as an engineer. I used the number pad and set it up to use alt and ctrl, so I had 36 new keybinds. I promptly filled them up.

Unless your goal is to play with just your mouse hand (or mostly with it), I would not recommend moving everything to the mouse. That's just my opinion.

wel my classes vary i use the mouse for paladin pve tanking + pvp healing

warrior pvp arms wich was ok just spammed wrong buttons sometimes

and i got a 71 rogue wich i pvp with but i found that to be extremely hard to do on the mouse in a pvp situation

got a hunter aswel wich i do pve with but thats not to many powers to use.

i only have dificulties since wel i use A on my keyboard to talk on vent and move with ZQSD so i dont have powers bound around there but i think i'l give it a try for the more spammable powers in pvp

I made frequent use of 1-9, as well as ctrl + 1-9. 10-12 I used very rarely for non essential things. I put spam skills on it as well, since my thumb is beast, but that isn't for everyone. It takes a day or so to get used to, but it isn't that tough if you learn quickly. Don't give up, it can be very worth it once you get the right things on there.