Thread: Spriest Utility

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I think I would disagree... slightly. Honestly it is completely doable to spec into silence and still perform really well in raids. This for example: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcGoZZGMGdMkrd0fo
    Finally got around to doing this. So I used Helterskelter, 10,000 iterations, and average player skill to get this info. Also I used my gears as a base for this (ilvl 357).

Silence spec without Veiled shadows:
    Dps: 20,631.8
    Time oom: 4.61%
    The interesting thing here is is the stat weights.
    Int:1.00
    Spirit: 0.639
    Hit: 0.4561
    Crit: 0.3517
    Haste: 0.3162
    Mastery: 0.2967

Normal Spec:
    DPS: 21,043.5
    Time oom: 3.79%
    Int: 1.00
    Spirit:0.4557
    Hit: 0.4759
    Crit: 0.3843
    Haste: 0.3651
    Mastery: 0.3317

Gotta say I am a bit surprised by the second set of numbers. If anyone knows how to link/insert the charts and stuff please let me know. And now it is time for me to sleep
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-05-03 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustalot View Post
    Emergency shields
    Don't let your disc priest see you bubbling their target, then having it die because your bubble as a shadow priest isnt nearly as powerful(nor does it thow in extra healing) and the guy you cast it on now has 15 seconds of weakened soul

In Shadow my bubbles shield for just over 15k...in disc they shield for 25k + heals them for 20% of the amount absorbed by the shield

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Finally got around to doing this. So I used Helterskelter, 10,000 iterations, and average player skill to get this info. Also I used my gears as a base for this (ilvl 357).

Silence spec without Veiled shadows:
    Dps: 20,631.8
    Time oom: 4.61%
    The interesting thing here is is the stat weights.
    Int:1.00
    Spirit: 0.639
    Hit: 0.4561
    Crit: 0.3517
    Haste: 0.3162
    Mastery: 0.2967

Normal Spec:
    DPS: 21,043.5
    Time oom: 3.79%
    Int: 1.00
    Spirit:0.4557
    Hit: 0.4759
    Crit: 0.3843
    Haste: 0.3651
    Mastery: 0.3317

Gotta say I am a bit surprised by the second set of numbers. If anyone knows how to link/insert the charts and stuff please let me know. And now it is time for me to sleep
    Why do you have haste as the 2nd lowest 2ndary stat? Am I missing something? Haste is our top 2ndary stat
    Last edited by HeatM1ser; 2011-05-03 at 05:50 AM.

And why is spirit rated first much higher, then lower, than hit? Does not compute.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatM1ser View Post

Why do you have haste as the 2nd lowest 2ndary stat? Am I missing something? Haste is our top 2ndary stat
    Since time oom is listed on there I'd guess she didn't have the um...thingie with the unlimited mana exception in the exception thingie box, which results in crit being higher from oomness.

Edit: And I haven't really read up on the thread lately, but since my guild is working on Heroic Cho'gall I TOTALLY vote spriests need an aoe interupt added to our utility that's on a 10 second cd and doesn't stun. MAKE IT HAPPEN. If I use fear I get yelled at cause dispells are lack luster and people don't like standing in poopy for 8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    Since time oom is listed on there I'd guess she didn't have the um...thingie with the unlimited mana exception in the exception thingie box, which results in crit being higher from oomness.
    Yes.. I generally don't use the unlimited mana option because... well mana isn't unlimited and if you get results based on unlimited mana... I feel those results wouldn't be as accurate as they otherwise would be. Especially in this situation it was possible that this spec would limit mana so much to make it unusable, I felt it needed to be an option to get any kind of real result.

Also, I believe the reason crit is so much higher on the first set of numbers is without Veiled Shadows you are relying on your crit to reduce the cd on your fiend. On the second set of numbers crit remained slightly than haste because I had just crossed a haste plateau and SimulationCraft doesn't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shartadin View Post
    And why is spirit rated first much higher, then lower, than hit? Does not compute.
    I am also wondering about that part of the results. It seems rather odd to me. I was hoping one of the gurus here might be able to shed some light on it I can't imagine why the silence spec vs a standard spec would change the spirit values that much.

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    I get yelled at cause dispells are lack luster and people don't like standing in poopy for 8 seconds.
    How about you just throw out a dispel and .... oh wait... sry nevermind...
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-05-03 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Tidied up the post a little :)

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE ARLEE!!!! *cries* (But let's be real, I'm an evil spriest I didn't dispel even when I could! *Cackles*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Sadly, dispersion is amazing for V & T, Council, Conclave, Magmaw, Omnotron, Chimaeron and Nefarian.
    I can see the damage reduction benefits on the other fights, especially Omnotron, but do you use it for anything other than mana regen on Magmaw?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.