Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Not really from home - but still easy money and perks; become a mystery shopper

I started doing this work as a student both in The Netherlands and in the United Kingdom. The pay is not great (usually 15,-) per assignment. but you get to keep what you are "shopping".

Currently I am getting 1 or 2 assignments per week; which include free dinner, stay in a hotel, clothing, perfume and more. All you have to do is go to the shop you are assigned to, buy the product or service, act casual, occasionally make a photo of something (just pretend you are a tourist), and write a small review report in the end.

Deleted
    Wow its like being a secret agent!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoballs View Post
    yeah, I've applied to Tim Hortons, and best buy and such. Mcdonalds is hiring, except I feel I'm a little above Mcdonalds. A couple kids from my school work there, they're all dope smokers who are failing they're classes and aren't very intelligent with no previous work exp. Meanwhile, not to sound cocky, but I'm straight A's, tons of volunteer experiences, worked before as a strawberry picked when i was little, and etc. I feel i'm a little above Mcdonalds. Not to sound cocky. :/
    No one is above any job especially when that person is unemployed. There are hundreds if not thousands of adults that would love to have a job at McD's right now. Income is income my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only person I know of who made a comfortable living from home also had a webcam and lacked a gag reflex. This was not coincidental.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    The only person I know of who made a comfortable living from home also had a webcam and lacked a gag reflex. This was not coincidental.
    Aha, I dont think that would work out for the OP :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Aha, I dont think that would work out for the OP :P
    They used to stuff envelopes for those mass mailers you get addressed to current resident. They previously worked as a sword swallower, but the circus folded and that was the quickest qay they could get cash. Why, what were you thinking?
    As an aside, that person is now a nurse.

Deleted
    Yeah, I was thinking that too. The OP wouldnt manage a career as a sword swallower.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    They used to stuff envelopes for those mass mailers you get addressed to current resident. They previously worked as a sword swallower, but the circus folded and that was the quickest qay they could get cash. Why, what were you thinking?
    As an aside, that person is now a nurse.
    When did heather brooke become a nurse? A word about McDonald's. You can actually make a rather good living working at McD's. Obviously not working fries, but once you get into management it's not something to be ashamed of.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, I've applied to Tim Hortons, and best buy and such. Mcdonalds is hiring, except I feel I'm a little above Mcdonalds. A couple kids from my school work there, they're all dope smokers who are failing they're classes and aren't very intelligent with no previous work exp. Meanwhile, not to sound cocky, but I'm straight A's, tons of volunteer experiences, worked before as a strawberry picked when i was little, and etc. I feel i'm a little above Mcdonalds. Not to sound cocky. :/
    Mc donalds is actually a very good company to work for. They offer a bunch of scholarship programs and it looks good on your resume.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Yes but however you are 15 and just because you have straight A's does not mean your better than anyone. I am a highschool drop out and managed B's and C's and now I am a freelance programmer.

But the point being as your 15 not many places will hire. best you will get for your age is a buggy pusher bringing them back into the store from the parking lot. To work as a cashier you need to be 16 unless it sells tobaccoo in which you need to be 18 and then for gas station's I think you got to be 21.

Also with your age no company is going to take you serious as a web designer or programmer. Unless you have an outstanding resume and alot of work you can show off.

Sorry for any typo's just got out of the hospital

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 07:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by madyrn View Post
    No one is above any job especially when that person is unemployed. There are hundreds if not thousands of adults that would love to have a job at McD's right now. Income is income my friend.
    I fully agree here. When the economy is the way it is at the moment and so many people are jobless it just makes someone look like a real prick and ass to say they are above working anywhere. In the real world it's work were you get paid or starve and lose the roof over your head.

I've made a bit of money, not a lot though. (see Stuff link in sig)

fiverr.com - sell any virtual service for $5 (I will edit your project for $5, i will sing a song for you for $5) etc.

Amazon MTurk - do little surveys and other misc stuff. You can get paid anywhere from a penny to a hundred dollars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    Not really from home - but still easy money and perks; become a mystery shopper

I started doing this work as a student both in The Netherlands and in the United Kingdom. The pay is not great (usually 15,-) per assignment. but you get to keep what you are "shopping".

Currently I am getting 1 or 2 assignments per week; which include free dinner, stay in a hotel, clothing, perfume and more. All you have to do is go to the shop you are assigned to, buy the product or service, act casual, occasionally make a photo of something (just pretend you are a tourist), and write a small review report in the end.
    I've looked into this before, and the issue I always had was that you needed the money to buy things in the first place because for obvious reasons you don't get paid until the job's done.
    As such, I'd say it was a good way to top-up an existing income (including student loans), but you need some money to do anything with it (even if it's £10 for a trip to McDonald's - when I was unemployed I could feed myself for a fortnight on that!).

Deleted
    I'm dont want to sound like a douchy first world brat, but a job on 15 years on age? i'm 17 and all i do is study, can't imagine a job along with it.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The money you earn at McDonald's spends the same as the money you earn anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.