LFG summons me into middle of boss fight

Has anyone else been in the LFG queue for a heroic and once a group is found, you accept and are then summoned into the middle of a boss fight? It's happened 2 or 3 times to me. Typically, half the group is dead by the time I join so it's very difficult to provide any real contribution to the fight. It usually just tacks on an unwarranted repair bill. For what it's worth, I always queue as a healer.

Is there any way to prevent this? ...telling me not to queue is an unhelpful response.

It's caused by someone dropping mid-fight, the system finding a replacement as quickly as possible, and the fact that you enter the dungeon at the position of the party leader, so no, there's no way to prevent it.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, basically what Dark said. There's no way to prevent it, just gotta roll with it.

had it happen 3 dungeons in a row one night, and each time the tank and 1 or 2 others were dead and less than a minute later so was I. Welcome to LFG.

On the plus side you feel like a hero if you manage to save the group. I've pulled near-wipes into bosskills with tools like Brezzing the tank on my druid or a well-aimed LoH on my pally.

Feels good man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

This is a common joke going around by a lot of healers.. Most the time it is past some boss they want a drop from and then they wait until a huge fight is started then they leave party leaving me with no healer. It is typically a guaranteed wipe which is apparently very funny. As the tank I keep missing the joke and just refuse to pug if it can be helped. Can someone help this be funny for me also....?, please tell me the punch line isn't "you died and even though I couldn't see it I snickered so damn hard"

Quote Originally Posted by Contravene View Post
    This is a common joke going around by a lot of healers.. Most the time it is past some boss they want a drop from and then they wait until a huge fight is started then they leave party leaving me with no healer. It is typically a guaranteed wipe which is apparently very funny. As the tank I keep missing the joke and just refuse to pug if it can be helped. Can someone help this be funny for me also....?, please tell me the punch line isn't "you died and even though I couldn't see it I snickered so damn hard"
    I raid as a Resto Shaman and have several, lesser geared healing alts (85) that I regularly run heroics on. On my geared out shammy, you can pull 5 packs and I still won't oom. On my i348 priest alt, I need to drink almost every damn pull. I hate tanks who don't let me drink, especially after I ask them to wait for me. It's not as if I enjoy having to sit here and drink, but the reality is, you NEED me to have mana to keep you alive, so be a little patient. After I ask the tank to wait and am disregarded several times, I will leave the group mid-pull and let that retard tank die as a reminder that he is nothing without me.

I can't say that you are guilty of doing this, of course, but some healers might not speak up, and they might be struggling to keep up with an energizer bunny tank and leave the group out of frustration. Just have some common courtesy for your healers, people.

I dunno, I quite like it if I get summoned to the final boss fight just as the boss dies. Happened more than once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorene View Post
    On my i348 priest alt, I need to drink almost every damn pull.
    Mildly off topic, but this shouldn't really happen, my priest is 350 and I need a quick drink before each boss OR if shit hits the fan and I need to bring out the cavalry on an overpull or something. Disc has no issues otherwise, during normal trash packs you should be at about 80-90% mana, with grace stacked up on the tank and doing 5k dps smiting and letting attonement doing the haelz, makes the run quicker as well.

My personal favourite is when someone queues for a replacement after someone drops group and the group has wiped, when the Lead was standing ON the boss's spawn location before releasing.

What usually happens is the new person who queues in pops up right on top of the boss, usually getting immediately flattened. Then anyone who might have been standing near the boss may get proximity aggro before the fight resets, and then the boss chases them around and possibly kills them too.

I remember back when they added the Dungeon Finder. that if you accepted a queue, it popped you in at the zonein. Would be nice if they maybe gave you an option: zone in on the leader, or zone in at the portal.

Deleted
    Are there any ways to prevent this? Yes.
    1. Bubble + run.
    2. Bubble + hearth and get lucky with the last 1.5 seconds hoping you don't get interrupted.
    3. /leave group
    4. Don't queue (slightly silly but if it's really annpoying you then this is the solution).
    5. Pop PW:S and run like hell.
    6. Ghost Wolf and run.
    7. Cat form, sprint and run.
    8. If you're a pally, getting the speed bonus from Holy Radiance helps.

Think I've covered all healing classes. If that didn't help I'm not all too sure what will.

I once got summoned at the same time Loken died in HoL. Never had a quicker daily hc.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Yeah its funny as hell.
    Was in a heroic Stonecore the otherday, and it was an absolute horror. A member leaves when a wipe is inevitable (after dying), and we get a replacement. The poor dude zones in and get his b** kicked 0.25 seconds after ... I don't think he was even past his loading screen ... fun way to enter a heroic :-)

Deleted
    It happens to me on my pally healer almost every day - I get summoned in middle of ozruk fight when he is wtfpwning everyone.

Deleted
    It's quite annoying really but that's LFG *yey*

Deleted
    I once got into a DM run as a healer mid fight during Foe Reaper 5000 with everyone less than 50% hp. Getting a sense of direction and spamming flash heals like a mad man was intense for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorene View Post
    After I ask the tank to wait and am disregarded several times, I will leave the group mid-pull and let that retard tank die as a reminder that he is nothing without me.
    You're still an ass for leaving the other three people in the group. Jerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just today, was doing H VP, was on the drake boss. The tank pulls, then leaves. I end up tanking it to 50% before the new tank shows up. No deaths, though the healer was nearly oom from keeping me up.

Afterward, I went to the leaving tank's realm and told him the mount dropped.