Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garganchewin View Post
    This is hilarious, because this guild seems to be 0/13 heroics. Elitist 10m that "doesn't need people" can't even kill H Halfus.

Laughable.

As for what they did, it's in the GM's rights to do it. That simple. That absolute. If you trusted the GM, that was that, you shouldn't have.

You ever think that MAYBE, just MAYBE they're not this huge hardcore raiding guild?

We can't all be Paragon.

Signature by the lovely Rivele.
    My Monk, The Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Booze View Post
    Completely agree with you here. It IS a scam: guild officers invited ppl into guild without telling them that they will be kicked upon guild reaching lvl 25. And I was really AMAZED how many ppl on this forum find such actions acceptable. Really, guys? Are you dicks in real life as well, or just behind monitor? I bet my life you won't have a guts to do shit like that (or anything similar) in real life. Honestly, I think you are pussies.
    Which is it? Dicks or Pussies!!!!?!??!

i keed...

A huge leveling guild did this on my server. I was never in it, but viewed it as a "fail" guild due to the fact that they let anybody join, and almost everyone in it was some low level noob. When they hit level 25, they kicked out everyone who was not Lvl 85, and transitioned to a raiding guild.

Its really funny because this happened like a week ago, and I still see people who were in that guild qqing in trade about how its unfair. Whenever they advertise in trade chat, like 5 people make fun of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by god of lock and pala View Post
    well usually ppl below 16 is retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariyami View Post
    Are you retarded or something? The dailies doesnt take more than 20 minutes to do...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthballz View Post
    I don't blame the guild for doing this. I blame Blizzard for their lack of thought with how people will do whatever it takes to get an easy road for them then cut ties once they get what they want. In a way I'd love to see Blizzard remove the guilds exp gained from the outsiders just to see their reaction. I know it won't happen, but it would be more funny than this.

Blizzard should just remove the whole rep gain system from players for a guild and simply just make it days in guild. After 3months in a guild you are exalted with them.
    But what good would that do? If the guild still needs the XP, they will still mass recruit. If a person joins a guild just to go inactive for 3 months, do you still think that person should gain exalted?

Unless I'm too tired and fails at understanding, I don't think your post makes sense.

lol douchebags inviting more douchebags to their guild then complaining its full of douchebags.. man what a bunch of morons play this game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goincommando View Post
    Except they did contribute something to the guild. That's the only reason they were invited in the first place. If it wasn't for those "leeches" that guild would probably still be below level 20. I find it odd that the guild leader looks down on all these people he kicked when in reality his guild NEEDED them to get where it is. The people who were kicked most likely contributed the majority of the guild experience. He stepped on the backs of people he deemed worth less than him and exploited them for personal gain ( for him and his core raid team.)
    So if people join your guild, and contribute a little guildxp each day because they do dailies, your ok with giving them whatever they want from the gbank? Because im not. Guildxp is a passive thing. Its something you earn while doing your daily quests by simply being in the guild. When I talk about contribution I mean :-

- Farming herbs to place in the gbank for alchemists so that they can :-
    - Make potions for the guild
    - Miners who mine and deposit ores to the gbank so :-
    - Blacksmiths can make them into belt buckles and such for guildies to use
    - People who fish up raw fish and deposit it to the gbank for guildies to use or:-
    - Depositing cooked food for guildies to use
    - People who run heroics for the sake of getting guild xp and not just someone who says "ye i'll dps" simply for the valor
    - People who contribute ideas and make suggestions about how the guild can be improved
    - People who make the guild chat actually worth reading

I could keep going but to me, simply contributing a little xp because you did your dailies isn't contribution to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, amazing. Nice experiment.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Wrong. Very start of TBC I started. But anyone who disagrees with you has to be a wrath baby right?
    Nope. Just saying that guild cared about their reputation and member loyalty before. Now it doesnt mean shit. You dont just invite people to your guild. If you do you are supposed to face consequences. If you dont and can allow yourself to kick those people in a way this asshat did that basically means that the guild system is not working.

This will be especially nice once we can rename/transfer guilds. I can imagine a guild level 25 will sell for a very nice amount of gold/cash.

ah WoW, always able to bring the finest out of humanity

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Wow, and you want to tell me it's the new players who don't know how to play ruin the gaming experience and make everything decline? Really?
    You tell me it's the RDF that makes people lose manners? That it's the 'anonymity' of that tool that makes people behave like dickheads?

It borders on scam, because leadership DID intend this to happen but didn't inform the members about it.
    I'm talking about morality here. I'm talking about not being ignorant assholes who think they are better than someone else and can therefore threat them like a pile of shit. THAT is abuse of power. Yes to no extent like it could in a real world scenario but it shows how incredible evil some individuals of the human species are. inb4: IT'S HUMAN NATURE - because that's so easy to say to justify it...and even if it is human nature, then that still totally ignores that we would be very capable of doing better.

If people think that's a good way to threat people, I'm not surprised anymore that there are still dictatorships at power in the world and that people still go all the way to get what they want, completely ignoring everything on their way.

Now there will be many many posts claiming that this is just a game and it doesn't matter bladibla.
    A game that is played by people. It's not played by some virtual things. It's still a human being playing and doing the decisions.
    Even if you deny it, it still is the truth that you don't behave differently in this game. You're not more of a dick there - you're just easier to show it. It's still your personality and you would do the same to a real person if you had the chance.
    And that's the horrible thing. That makes me sad for our future.

If any god exists: Dude, failed experiment.
    Qft.

They could have just removed their ability to talk in guildchat and create a new chat just for that purpose aswell as tell the people asking too many questions to shut it, politely, if they couldn't spend 4 seconds typing directions where to read for specs/gear etc.
    And they would of kept getting free gold basically, even though supposedly they weren't making too much of it.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    there is no risk. Only a duchebag will use others, then leave them out to dry. people trust others unless theres a reason for not to. If people always expect deceit how screwed the real life and the game world would be.
    I see your point and I agree that it applies to RL - for me at least. But at the same time, ppl should use some common sense. I mean would you really wanna buy your car from that shady looking guy at the trashed car shop and then be super surprised when you realize he ripped you off?

Besides, the guild and the members use each other. The members (in the OP's post) were begging for gold and boosts, some of them hardly contributed and others trolled guild chat. The guild leaders put up with this in order to reach lvl 25. The members got their bonus XP, their Heirlooms etc. and the guild got to level 25.
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2011-04-22 at 10:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't approve. They used them. The excuses they make are pathetic. They might not have been very active, they might have whined and asked a lot of questions but what the hell did they expect when they randomly invited people from trade chat?

I hope that in a future patch, higher guildlevels will be reachable and they will see the consequences of their actions; by now, the guild has a bad reputation and no one will ever join it again during guildleveling periods. Enjoy slow(er) guildleveling.

A guild should lose the guildexperience a member has gathered when they are kicked for no reason. Some rules could apply (e.g. if a certain member is inactive for more than 30 days, no guildexperience will be lost when he is kicked).
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Goincommando View Post
    Except they did contribute something to the guild. That's the only reason they were invited in the first place. If it wasn't for those "leeches" that guild would probably still be below level 20. I find it odd that the guild leader looks down on all these people he kicked when in reality his guild NEEDED them to get where it is. The people who were kicked most likely contributed the majority of the guild experience. He stepped on the backs of people he deemed worth less than him and exploited them for personal gain ( for him and his core raid team.)
    This ^. The guild leader who so many of you are lauding, never spoke his intentions. He used these people and scammed them, simple as.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Nope. Just saying that guild cared about their reputation and member loyalty before. Now it doesnt mean shit. You dont just invite people to your guild. If you do you are supposed to face consequences. If you dont and can allow yourself to kick those people in a way this asshat did that basically means that the guild system is not working.
    I know what your saying and I agree with that, but I still agree with whats happened. I know firsthand what the OP talks about when people just join your guild for the sake of it then QQ because theres a shiny Boe Epic in the gbank that they want but the GM won't give them it because they contribute nothing to the guild. It happens all the time in my guild. Infact the first thing new recruits do is run to the gbank and ask for something. I know things like kicking 100's of people isn't helping, but the community is bad now and very few people actually have a sense of being a "guild" anymore. No one joins a guild for the banter. They join to try get their hands on free items, get boosted in raids and get free use of high level guild perks.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    I am 100% in agreement with what he did. He gave solid reasons as to why he did it that I find completely acceptable. He discovered that 99% of the casual WoW populace is actually as worthless as non casuals say they are and as such he clean the waste out of his guild. "HIS GUILD". So even if you didn't agree with what he did you have no cause to QQ, whine, bitch, cry, or call him names. It is HIS GUILD, not yours. This is something people in guilds must realize, the GM owns the guild, no one else, and will ultimately do with it as he/she sees fit.
    I doubt he discovered this the hour the guild hit level cap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    This ^. The guild leader who so many of you are lauding, never spoke his intentions. He used these people and scammed them, simple as.
    Which makes this a bannable offense. So imagine the lulz that happen when the remainder of the guild is banned for scamming.

Instead of taking the sensible route of explaining that they are converting the guild into a small 10 man guild, and thanking the people involved for their input into getting the guild to where it was, then removing them without undue drama... he instead chose to insult a large body of people and portray himself as a pompous ass....

This is half the problem with this game, people who think they are so much "better" than other people, that they can't even begin to treat others with common courtesy. We are all just people playing a game, why the need for such a vile display of asshattery o.o

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried running a casual guild in BC and my experience was almost identical to the guild leader's. I'm not saying he was justified in gkicking people who worked very hard to get their guild reputation up... but I understand.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    But what good would that do? If the guild still needs the XP, they will still mass recruit. If a person joins a guild just to go inactive for 3 months, do you still think that person should gain exalted?

Unless I'm too tired and fails at understanding, I don't think your post makes sense.
    I meant the guild exp be removed from guilds when they kick players sorry, but I know it would never happen for so many reasons. And yes I guess you could go inactive for 3months. Well they could simply just increase the cap by 2500 to make it an even 6k that can be earned per week and double personal guild rep from quests and such. We're far enough along in the game that it's a boring mechanic and for some finding a guild that doesn't die is hard.

I'm just not a fan of this and it shows how the community is so horrible in generalization.