Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Updated final patch notes, Soulstone will act as a combat rezz

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...alari-features

Soulstone can now be used in combat to resurrect a targeted dead player.
    Iam now 100% sure 4.1 will come next week, and something catched my eye that haven't been said before

its been said many times
    its a well known fact that dks and warlocks will be able to CR

Quote Originally Posted by mastertroll View Post
    its been said many times
    its a well known fact that dks and warlocks will be able to CR
    It was a known fact that Dks would, and warlocks were promised even on cata beta, the SS change didnt came on same time as DKs making some ppl belive that it would only be seen on 4.2 but seems it isnt the case.

now the question remain how buggy it will be as im pretty sure it wasnt tested on ptr

there was time in 4.0.3 where u could target dead player and ress him with soulstone but it didnt did nothing so we need to wait and see

10+ Year Old Account
    Next week we see a note from blizzard:
    I'm sorry but we made a mistake by saying that warlocks were able to use their soulstone for a combat rez. We are planning to do this soon but not for this or next patch. ( aka never)

10+ Year Old Account
    It was tested and worked in beta, I imagine there was just a small bug that it had on cata release that they've just put off fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    now the question remain how buggy it will be as im pretty sure it wasnt tested on ptr

there was time in 4.0.3 where u could target dead player and ress him with soulstone but it didnt did nothing so we need to wait and see

I don't know how will this get implemented exactly, but I hope they will not forget to remove one of our soulstone spells , preferably "Create Soulstone". Having two Soulstone spells, one that activates ability (Create Soulstone) with long cast time, and one that actually executes it (Soulstone - again with cast time) will make this warlock skill inferior to the same abilities that druids or dk's have.

I know it will go against the RPG aspect of the game, but now-days they are distancing themselves form RPG more and more.

Will we be able to rezz ourselfs if we forget to SS ourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    if i cant use it on myself like i can now i will be highly upset

so basically what warlocks want is ankh and rebirth rolled into one spell with 10min cd

Deleted
    FFUUUU! where the hell is immolate dispel prot, destruction dmg buff and Demon soul CHANGE to benefit from spec not pet.

It was a well known fact it was planned for warlocks, but the DK version coming from nowhere with no prior announcement before the expected warlock version was concerning.
    It will function just as it does now when you target a player who is alive
    It will just function differently when they are dead.

It is giving warlocks some active utility when really most of our buffs are fairly passive with few real tools we bring to a group.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-04-23 at 12:13 PM.

It'll be interesting, but the transition of willingness to brez will take a bit of time.

Deleted
    I don't have the PTR so I was wondering, does it work in the same way it currently does at all? If not, I'll be very disappointed. Some times in raids we soulstone tanks so that they can res themselves immediately. It'll be a shame if you can't soulstone someone and need to res them manually. Also, the same for when you're leveling as a warlock, soulstone is a very important factor. I'd rather not have a combat res if we're losing loads of other functions.

ComputerNerd said it does (I think?) aint been on ptr to check myself but I trust ComputerNerd

Finally. I was getting worried they might have forgotten about it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyness View Post
    if i cant use it on myself like i can now i will be highly upset
    Same here. If they make Soulstone exactly the same as the druid battle rez is, I'm going to be pissed off. It's a soulstone, it saves the target's soul inside it. Stop making everything the same...

Soulstone was always there to be used on the warlock himself/herself. I don't see other classes getting Reincarnation like the shaman has.

Gahhh
    /rant

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    so basically what warlocks want is ankh and rebirth rolled into one spell with 10min cd
    I hope so...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    It'll be interesting, but the transition of willingness to brez will take a bit of time.
    What? Willingness to brez? its a quick cast and any lock that said "i don't want to hurt my dps" would be booted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    Not really, as a Vanilla lock, I welcome change as it brings a bit of interest to the class, but really being able to res someone ?
    no, just plain no. ill do it, but dont expect me to be happy about it. warlocks being able to combat res /le sigh

if any class should have been a combat res then paladins / shaman / Priests would have been more logical as one of there specs is devoted to healing. If warlocks are to res people then we should be ripping there tormented soul from the nether void and bending there will to do our bidding. not to go off doing what ever they please.

Quote Originally Posted by front page mmo View Post
    - Raise Ally has been redesigned to be a battle resurrection, analogous to Rebirth. It is instant cast, but costs 50 Runic Power to use, and has a 10-minute cooldown. It shares the same global battle resurrection cap with Rebirth and Soulstone.
    What dose this mean? lol