Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does Cataclysm worth buying?

I played corresponding trial and was not impressed. I've done Vaishir up to and including Nespira, but got bored; then done Hyjal up to and including restoring forest in its left part, feeling that's not something I'd like to do again... I've also done BRC which was nice, and ToT, which was not, due to annoying trash mechanics, scary tentacles and very confusing last boss Azumat.

The question is, does it get significantly better later (like probably with Northrend after crappy RF/BT areas), later dungeons more fun (then again, like wonderful Oculus or Clearing Stratholme), and quest lines better (optional, not so exhaustive, more *fun*) then what I saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I played corresponding trial and was not impressed. I've done Vaishir up to and including Nespira, but got bored; then done Hyjal up to and including restoring forest in its left part, feeling that's not something I'd like to do again... I've also done BRC which was nice, and ToT, which was not, due to annoying trash mechanics, scary tentacles and very confusing last boss Azumat.

The question is, does it get significantly better later (like probably with Northrend after crappy RF/BT areas), later dungeons more fun (then again, like wonderful Oculus or Clearing Stratholme), and quest lines better (optional, not so exhaustive, more *fun*) then what I saw?
    WoW is not a game for you. So no, don't buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont find a good raiding/pvping guild you'll most likely be bored shitless

For many people, no, it didn't get better. Your reaction is your own, but by what you've said there I bet you'd fall into the "Cata fails" camp too.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    The levelling is quite fast, I liked vash'ir and uldum a lot but for me they're just timefillers till 85. At 85 a lot of people get bored because of the lack of stuff to do outside of raiding.

Raid or PvP all day, thats about it. To be honest, wait for a few more content patches to come out to see if its any better for you, but the game is severely lacking right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't think questing is fun, or leveling at all for that matter (even though I have 5 85s). What is fun is raiding, pvp, etc. If you can make it past the boring crap then you might enjoy it. Also, there were more spelling/grammatical problems in that post than I can wrap my head around.

Yes.

i need 10 chars, so \o/

Deleted
    Leveling and questing is actualy the part of cataclysm I most enjoyed.

And besides raiding and pvp-ing there isn't much to do. So unless you can find time to raid or enjoy pvp, don't buy it

Deleted
    If you didn't like Hyjal and Vashjir, then you will not fall in love with any other zone. Personally i liked them, and Vashjir is one of my favourite zone from all WoW ;] You never get a choice which quest to do, maybe in Uldum and Deepholm, where you got 2 main quest chains. There are also many hidden quests... But still you gotta do everything in order.
    Dungeons, in my opinion, are the best ever. Most of them looks beautiful, they're not too long and not too short (heroics 30 - 50 minutes), and have some mechanics that can't be easily overgeared (sometimes DPS classes have to do something else than CC or looking at recoiunt ;p). Annoying trashes in ToT? Where? CC on naga-healers, kite big naga, watch for tsunami from goblins, run through corrupted corridor as fast as you can. It's better than just AoE'ing entire pakcs ;]

Raids are really good, only one thing about them is totally screwed up - lack of some quests or attunements that would expand their lore. Bastion of Twilight has a quests in Twilight Highlands that explains few things, but Baradin Hold, Blackwing Descent and partially Throne Of Four Winds are just places where you go to kill some bosses, that you never met / heard about during questing. But fights are entertaining, so I can forgive it...

PvP is as unbalanced as always, but still fun. Two new battlegrounds, 10 man AB-style Battle For Gilneas and WSG-style Twin Peaks, and once per 2 hours Tol Barad. Familiar rules but new enviroments, it's far better than weird experiments like IoC.

Give Cataclysm a chance, it won't bite you.

PS Oculus was wonderful? 0o

Does grammar worth learning?

Deleted
    I guess it would also depent on how much time you want to spent in-game and doing what. I'm not playing very much atm and sometimes just log in to do some archeaology for 30 minutes while chatting in guild chat. Also doing a HC once a day is nice and one or two raids a week too.

But if you plan on spending 12h a day on cata, you'll be greatly disapointed (unless you want ot engage in old grinds and getting lot's of achievements ofc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazdran View Post
    Does grammar worth learning?
    Haha I actually laughed out loud!

On topic : If you didn't enjoy it then don't buy it, simple as that. If you don't like to do certain quests then don't start with a MMORPG in the first place, they all have boring quests. Leveling doesn't take that long, I leveled from 80-85 in 20 hours without any bonus exp, just by questing. ( that is faster than northrend leveling when it was WoTLK ). The dungeons are a personal taste I guess, I like the idea of all the elements that are used now, at least better than the boring dark/blue coloured WoTLK theme!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    you mean cataclysm.

Does Cataclysm worth buying?
    Hell yaeh!!!

Deleted
    I don't Mean to sound Evil But you sound Like a bad player in general maybe try the wii out i hear its quite easy.

Oculus was NOT wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
    Oculus was NOT wonderful.
    I enjoyed it I'm sure others did too.

I can't really give you a distinct idea of whether the game will be good for you or not. I however can say that I'm pretty bored of the game. Due to May being a very hectic month for me I will not be resubbing when it runs out early may and then returning early June. It'll be the first time a break in my sub occurs in 3 years. Hope this helps you a bit in deciding? I would say that 4.1 could spring some enjoyment back into the game. So it could be a good time to get back involved. Good luck either way!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    Pretty much this. If WoW was a game for you, you'd have no hesitation on buying the latest expansion pack, because otherwise there's nothing to do. WoW, like most if not all MMOs, is focussed on the end-game, which you don't seem to be interested in. If you were interested in end-game, you'd have picked it up already and not made your judgement on the expansion based on the first levelling zones and instances.

Deleted
    Cataclysm is the lamest expansion so far. Every other had its own charm, but this one just sucks, although it looked so promising in the beta.

After all I quit WoW after 6 years because of that, even after bearing through Wrath. So no, don't buy it. It's wasted money.