Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sigh, looks like no fixing for pvp in 4.1

I was looking forward to 4.1 after i first saw that affliction was getting some buffs, thinking that maybe blizzard would acknowledge how useless demo and destro are for pvp at the moment, silly me..
    Looks like im waiting till 4.2 now for some much needed love..

Deleted
    destro hits like a truck IF you get room for free cast. I really dont know what you are talking about? UA dispel dmg gets buffed, mastery buffed,pet buffed. I actually killed resto shaman with 4k resilience in PTR.. +15k shadowbites + undispellable UA makes the work.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 12:14 PM ----------

tbh ofc you can dispel UA but its hits (what iv heard 25+ to 40k)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
    destro hits like a truck IF you get room for free cast. I really dont know what you are talking about? UA dispel dmg gets buffed, mastery buffed,pet buffed. I actually killed resto shaman with 4k resilience in PTR.. +15k shadowbites + undispellable UA makes the work.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 12:14 PM ----------

The point was that destruction and demonology are total shit in anything other than BGs, which blows for those of us who initially rolled Warlock for those specs.

Deleted
    They're just ruining Warrior's even more. It's stupid as hell. Dear god.

Deleted

Please tell me how in the world you would be able to free cast in arena... Warlocks are almost always first targets in arena, especially by melees. Our survivability is shit and kiting is also practically impossible because (affli) CoEx gets dispelled and (destruction) immolate gets dispelled so you can't conflagrate anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothean View Post
    The point was that destruction and demonology are total shit in anything other than BGs, which blows for those of us who initially rolled Warlock for those specs.
    I also went destruction first, but it was so bad, I had to go Affliction.

Im rolling destro in 3,s and rbg. 10% haste rest all mastery. Gems int,int/haste,int/hit. You have to be really aggresive and start the fight unload. As long as you have a good healer and pop cds you can crush all healers minus the shammy. Can not kill a shammy fast but if you just burst more than immo/conflag they go down too. Im getting fel flame to hit for 11k along with a stun immo/conflag its working imo.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 05:29 PM ----------

Also im only at 3350 resil with volcano deck...No reason to go crazy with resil with destro not going to help as much as mastery and int. I did decent with demo also,but went with 4k resil and reforge all to mastery.

theres honestly nothing wrong with destro, other than not knowing how to play destro. being a direct dmg'ing spec, you have to make time, make space to cast and keep up your pressure. no more, 3 shotting ppl, now that everyone is running around with 12o,ooo+ HP. and the reason warlocks are focused is because of our lack of survival utility and our overall utility role on a team.

Deleted
    Three things.
    1. Either L2P
    2. Reroll
    3. PvE > pointless PvP.

They're forcing all shamans into being resto again, and you're complaining about a pure dps having a viable pvp spec?
    Enjoy your buffs while the broken classes keep getting nerfed
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nycrolieben View Post
    They're forcing all shamans into being resto again, and you're complaining about a pure dps having a viable pvp spec?
    Enjoy your buffs while the broken classes keep getting nerfed
    You're as bad as that blue poster...

Destruction is reliant on immolate which is easily dispellable with no consequences.
    Interrupts as per blizzard's recent post on the subject are too strong particularly from a melee standpoint.
    It does not matter what a spec is capable of if free casting when its very easily shut down.

Deleted
    MLD,RLD,RLS. free casting isnt actually THAT hard if you play correct setup.. use shadowflame glyph, teleport correctly=profit...
    warlock has the best dmg reduce in game atm, 25% soul link with glyph! ofc you can die but then you must fuck up something really bad
    Last edited by mmoc5818d51e0a; 2011-04-24 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    I currently play an Demo lock in WLS, granted, were not high rated, somewhat about 1600. But when CD properly used after an full duration CC, i can put ot some serious burst. On average geared people I can crit for 25k for something about 20 seconds. After 3.1 goes off, ill probably drop some resilience (curretly at 37.99% reduction) to gain some more offensive power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro would involve some what double CC comps, IE Rogue with a mage or something really stupid idk, but u needa freecast.

My lock is only lvl 37...I'll add my two cents much later....

MLD,RLD,RLS. free casting isnt actually THAT hard if you play correct setup.. use shadowflame glyph, teleport correctly=profit...
    warlock has the best dmg reduce in game atm, 25% soul link with glyph! ofc you can die but then you must fuck up something really bad
    escape mechanics > damage reduction
    Unfortunatly the lock has very little. Oh and one of the best self healers, to the worst (minus hunters)

destro hits like a truck IF you get room for free cast.
    It really doesn't. Nearly any class in the game hits harder if left alone, so it pretty much hits for absolutely nothing.

That being said, the affliction buffs and changes to other classes will definitely help locks in 4.1 so I don't know what the OP is talking about.

me personally cant wait for the patch,
    maybe this will be the opener for locks to be viable in 2s again playing healer/Aff lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    They're just ruining Warrior's even more. It's stupid as hell. Dear god.
    Wait what...?

The changes to warriors are EXACTLY what was needed.

And yea, buffing the only viable warlock spec that is good in 3's already is freaking stupid. I don't know what the hell they're thinking ignoring destruction and demonology. Not saying affliction buffs are uncalled for but they really should have ignored affliction for this patch and put effort into destruction and demo, not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Destruction is reliant on immolate which is easily dispellable with no consequences.
    Interrupts as per blizzard's recent post on the subject are too strong particularly from a melee standpoint.
    It does not matter what a spec is capable of if free casting when its very easily shut down.
    What really blows my mind is that Blizzard is bringing interrupts up as a huge concern when they still haven't solved the dispel problem.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2011-04-24 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    Destro would involve some what double CC comps, IE Rogue with a mage or something really stupid idk, but u needa freecast.
    HUGE signature :O

But yea, I'm glad that affliction is getting buffs, but destruction definitely needs buffs as well.

Also, I want another warlock escape mechanism. I can't imagine race changing my warlock and not being able to rocket jump :O