Poll: What is your favourite Cataclysm 5-man?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    deadmines for sure

most interesting boss mechanics, and not too long at all since they removed damn near half the trash

Quote Originally Posted by fews View Post
    deadmines for sure

most interesting boss mechanics, and not too long at all since they removed damn near half the trash
    Still find it painfully long, especially in pugs with less than average dps.. Just painful! I do sort of like the bosses in DM though, except Vanessa should have been a lot harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throne of the Tides is easily the best. I always loved that sea theme it has.
    "I have taught you many ways to kill a mortal, Kratos. Flesh that burns, bones that break. But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn
    GIRL BETTER BE QUIET MAKIN MA SAMMICH... ¬.¬

SFK in 20 mins with a decent healer, feels like WotLK zerg, I love tanking that one.

Throne of Tides and VP look the nicest imo, although I dislike the elemental trash in VP.

10+ Year Old Account
    throne of the tides B-E-A-utiful!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Deleted
    Stonecore. Why? I wouldn't know, just like it.

Stonecore, I like the scenery.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

10+ Year Old Account
    TotT, just because it's pretty =D

Vortex Pinnacle because it's one of the most beautiful 5 mans I've seen.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Back during the first week or two of Cata, I would've said SFK. 3 out of the 5 fights required you to not be a dumbass, which is a surprisingly high rate for a heroic.

Now? Pinnacle because it's fast and gives Volatile Airs.

Looks(colorful textures and a rich environment that make you feel "trapped" at the ocean's floor) : Throne of Tides
    Interesting Boss Fights(last boss... 'nuff said): Deadmines
    Layout(well paced, riddled with lots of huddled up trash packs and the only heroic with mounted combat): Grim Batrol
    My favorite: Grim Batrol

However while Throne of Tides looks good and Deadmines does have a great and fun end-boss overall Grim Batrol has a balance of both good boss fights, nice looking scenery and has mounted combat(drakes for clearing up trash). Overall I feel that Grim Batrol is better tuned dungeon then the rest so far provided. If Deadmines had a new scenery on par with Throne of Tides' look I'd probably go for it but atm my vote goes to Grim Batrol.

Deleted
    Throne of the Tides. Interesting lore, decent bosses and beautiful looks!

After running all of these on multiple toons for the past 4 months... Can there possibly be a favorite? More like least hated at this point. For me I guess that would be Deadmines or Grim batol for now...

Blackrock Caverns is my favorite. It was my first regular 5 man and my first heroic 5 man so it will always be a little nostalgic for me but I just really enjoy it. Im not entirely sure why its my favorite...I just have had some really fun runs through it with my guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    VP, I've healed it too many times, and too many times haven't cared because you don't need CC if the group is good enough, haven't done heroics yet, fuck the bads

15+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with people? Vortex Pinnacle at the top? lol... That's a long and boring dumb instance.
    SC, SFK, BRC, Throne and Tolvir are the good ones in this tier. They are not too long, not too boring, some good bosses.
    Deadmines is left out from the poll, well it doesn't matter, I guess noone likes it anyway

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Throne of the Tides, Vortex Pinnacle, or Stonecore, whichever is shortest. :I

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK: "QQ, heroics are too easy and fast!"
    Cata: "QQ, heroics are too long and hard, we need to do CC and stuff!"

OT: Just came back to WoW and haven't done any. Waiting forward to it. (I took a break on a WotLK).

I'm not gonna lie I'm probably one of the few who will admit grim batol was amazing.

The music, the enviorment, the bosses. If you could get retards to get past the 3rd & 4th boss the heroic was amazing. (pre-nerfs of course...one shot elementals ftw)

Deleted
    I severely dislike 5 mans in Cataclysm. They've basically pushed me away from playing the game any more. Gone are the days when you have half an hour, so you queue for an HC, just doesn't happen any more, for one, queues are longer, and also, the HCs are boring, dull, and wayyyy too long. I'm not qq'ing about more complicated boss mechanics, or the fact that trash needed some CC'ing at the begining of the patch, but it's way too bleak. Only playing them to get geared enough for raiding, unlike in all the other expansions, where I played them for fun.