Han Solo is a healer?!

After watching the following video, my enthusiasm for SWtOR has waned.

I grew up with the original Star Wars in which there were no healers unless it was a robot on a medical frigate and if there would've been a healer is certainly wouldn't have been Han Solo or anyone one else of his class. Equally disappointing is that light sabers really aren't that dangerous, apparently just because Luke and Anakin Skywalker are both missing hands, and damn near everyone else that came in contact with a laser sword is maimed or dead was just baloney.

Now maybe the above won't be that hard a pill for regular MMO players to swallow, but the industry expects hordes of Star Wars fans that are not gamers to swarm to this game and I'm not sure they'll agree with this kind of game play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0im...eature=related

You know, you could've just posted on the thread, it's obvious you just saw the video from there where moaradin posted the vid 30minutes ago. Healing isn't the only spec Smugglers have.

-Smuggler:
    Gunslinger (Roles: Mid - Long Range Damage Dealing, wields dual pistols)
    Scoundrel (Roles: Close - Mid Range Damage Dealing, Healing, wields scatter gun)

So, Han Solo was a Gunslinger. He obviously wasn't specced into throwing health pots around.

Also, it's been like that in all Star Wars games, where Lightsabers aren't 1 shot weapons. If they were, where would the fun be in games? If Lightsabers could 1 shot everyone, how would you stop everyone from choosing to be a Jedi?

Why doesn't Brutallus just step on us?
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-04-23 at 03:06 PM.

So apparently I can play a twi'lek... I'm in.

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

And shooting someone would probably kill them, cause them to be in agonising pain for the rest of the 15 minute match if they didn't die straight away.
    It's a gameplay thing.

It's the same as the KOTOR games. In them there was healing, and lightsabers didn't one hit kill. To expect something different from what is basically a sequel is crazy.

Breaking news!

It's a video game. If all games were realistic, they would be pretty damn boring. Why stop at Smugglers being able to heal? Lightsabers should be able to kill someone in 1 hit! When you die, you shouldn't be able respawn and you should have to make a new character!

Btw, the smuggler technically isn't healing, his droids are. You don't see the smuggler casting a spell of holy light, he is calling medical droids that fly to the target and heal them. That is one of his healing abilities anyways. Another one is a medical gun that hes healing people also. The way you seem surprised has me wondering why you like ANY video game.
    Last edited by moaradin; 2011-04-23 at 03:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf the Force, it's op
    Blasters are fine, L2P
    -Lightsaber
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    CRAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIN

Original SWG had lightsabers giving RARE jedi a very cool advantage. I wish I unlocked mine

If you want to be the classic Han Solo, you can be

I never knew that one day, someone would actually complain about class diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Original SWG had lightsabers giving RARE jedi a very cool advantage. I wish I unlocked mine
    Yep, original SWG is how the Star Wars MMO should be, but sony decided to RUIN it with the combat patch upgrade, then fucking destroy it with a goddamn nuke with that pathetic failure they call the NGE (New Game Enhancements, can you believe that? They destroy the game entirely and call it enhancements). After the NGE pretty much anyone still playing left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Deleted
    All that QQ for a game that hasn't been released yet. Shit get a life pls

I feel like we just got trolled... :P

I don't really get how this will work. Does the Smuggler use bandages and injections, or something of that nature. I don't see how that would work. But Bioware could do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorllin View Post
    I don't really get how this will work. Does the Smuggler use bandages and injections, or something of that nature. I don't see how that would work. But Bioware could do it.
    That was answered a few posts up...

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Breaking news!

It's a video game. If all games were realistic, they would be pretty damn boring. Why stop at Smugglers being able to heal? Lightsabers should be able to kill someone in 1 hit! When you die, you shouldn't be able respawn and you should have to make a new character!

Btw, the smuggler technically isn't healing, his droids are. You don't see the smuggler casting a spell of holy light, he is calling medical droids that fly to the target and heal them. That is one of his healing abilities anyways. Another one is a medical gun that hes healing people also. The way you seem surprised has me wondering why you like ANY video game.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Doesn't matter. I'm still sold on this game.