Poll: Air or Pro?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post

Anyway, there is no point debating it and were off-topic. PCers will always hate on Macs and their users and those users will continue to not care. Apple had a higher revenue the last year than windows due to iphone/ipad/whatever so I doubt they really care about changing PC users mind or catering to them(aka, lowering prices to what they should be).

So their overpriced mobile products that fanboys fap over allow Apple to ignore the fact that their computers are shit?

[User has received an infraction for this post. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-04-27 at 06:07 AM.

The only reason you would go MAC is if you or are any from or art or graphics degree. I love my MacBook Pro to bits but I also use it for my artwork.
    Mine is over 5 years old and is the old model with the overheat issue. The new ones are better then mine and I have mine on low-mid settings but with a bunch of addons. Mainly to keep the nice 40-50FPS in 25man raids.

Still if you want a gaming computer go with a cheaper windows. MACs are pricey even if you do get what you pay for.

Deleted
    Phew, that told me huh. I bought a MBP last summer and it's great...bought it as a dev platform but the whole experience was so lovely I use it for everything now and will do until I buy a mac desktop in a few weeks. If that aint jiving with you then, y'know...cool, lets agree to have our own opinions. Personal experience speaks to me louder than anything else really...so although the list of facts you gave sounds terribly clever...what it really boils down to is, y'know, I sit at my desk and use a windows box...I sit at my desk and use a mac box..which one works for me best right now, which one works for me best after 12 months...it really doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

Trying to convince me that I haven't had the experience I've had because of some obscure technical fact that you think you know...I mean - seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by bryanmathis View Post
    to the fanboy, yes you can dual boot to windows, but windows doesnt support a lot of the hardware built into the mac, and to achieve full functionality much 3rd party software is required. (mouse, fan speed, port functionality, keyboard ect) and not to mention the unibody macbooks are NOTORIOUS for the poor heat distribution they have, in many cases without adding 3rd party fan controllers simply browsing youtube can cause the 13' macbook to hit 90C and trigger a shutdown. Thats even with the cpu and Gpu UNDERCLOCKED. to buy a macbook pro strictly for gaming is stupid. if you need it for something else and happen to game, there is a way to get it to work, but for the 3000$ the best MBP costs, i could buy a gaming laptop and desktop. Use your head.

again, use a mac for what it's good at, and use a pc likewise. ( square pegs, round holes...)

Or just trying to show you that you could get the parts cheaper. Iono. I like the Mac OS. But it doesn't do anything "Superior" to windows for me. I game, and that's really it. Listen to music, play around with some beat programs, and game more. My program for making music works the exact same on a Mac and a windows system, but my windows system costs much less. I'll take my quality parts for cheaper, instead of mediocre parts for more expensive. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Phew, that told me huh. I bought a MBP last summer and it's great...bought it as a dev platform but the whole experience was so lovely I use it for everything now and will do until I buy a mac desktop in a few weeks. If that aint jiving with you then, y'know...cool, lets agree to have our own opinions. Personal experience speaks to me louder than anything else really...so although the list of facts you gave sounds terribly clever...what it really boils down to is, y'know, I sit at my desk and use a windows box...I sit at my desk and use a mac box..which one works for me best right now, which one works for me best after 12 months...it really doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

Trying to convince me that I haven't had the experience I've had because of some obscure technical fact that you think you know...I mean - seriously?
    true, you do make a good point. if it's mac you like and mac that works best for you. power too you and rock on. the technical stuff i posted was more for the OP about some of the things he might encounter if he decided to buy a MBP STRICTLY to play wow on, versus other options for his price range and so on. TBH once you have the cash to drop on a MAc Pro desktop customized your own way, most of those issues drop out the door, the cooling is better, customization becomes possible and so on. and for the future you can just pull the side off and drop in the parts you want after the fact (speaking of which, thunderbolt better come to PCIE format soon *drool*)

and i did say earlier that i was being rather dickish the other day, but i'll say it again, sorry for being a dick.

so no, i wasnt really trying to convince YOU about those things, more the 14 year old kid about to drop 1000 dollars on something that really wouldnt be the best tool for his stated task. had he been asking about starting a home recording studio, i would have said buy the mac.

that said, i also have a MBP nd Macbook and tbh the experience of getting it out of the box w/ a full charge ready to go was awesome, and the set-up is much better than the windows experience. however trying to raid Ulduar and ToC on it didnt quite lave the same taste in my mouth.
    grats on the MacPro in the future, im acutally pretty jealous =P