Looking for another opinion on gear and rotation

Hello and good morning ladies and gentlemen,

I am looking for any helpful critiques for my main, because at the moment, I am a bit disappointed with my dps numbers and I am not quite sure what the problem is.

[This is where my link was, but I cannot post it. Alhazrid on Bloodscalp is the character]

Above is my armory. The rotation I use is the standard Elitist Jerks/Simcraft recommended priority system: ISF Buff-CoE-Immo-Conflag-BoD-Corr-Felflame(4p proc)-CB-Incin-Demonsoul on CD. I pre-pot on every fight, and again during bloodlust or another key portion of the encounter. I usually pull around 20-22k fight dependent, but I would like to tighten up my skills and push the numbers a little further north. If you have any pointers or see any mistakes in my character, I would love to hear about it.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Why aren't you hitcapped?

And if you have logs that would probably be very helpful

16.88% hit is where I'm at now. Simming my toon shows that getting that last .12% would be a dps loss due to where it would have to come from (intellect). I'll try to find some logs.

Thanks for posting that link for me TobiasX. Cheers.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 11:18 AM ----------

ht tp: //w ww . worldoflogs .com /guilds /115858/

Sorry about gaming the system to include that link above. : / Going to be working on H chimaeron and H atramedes tonight, so these are last night logs. Was trying out some new recruits on some of the fights Rough night overall.
    Last edited by Alhazrid; 2011-04-23 at 06:20 PM.

One of your rings wasn't reforged at all, so you wouldn't have to drop intellect to cap yourself.

That said, I will pretty much always stand by dropping a bit of int to cap yourself, I would rather consistently do 20000 dps, instead of sometimes doing 19950 and sometimes doing 20050.

consistency is important, I don't raid in a simcrafted world where it's OK to miss spells and fuck up my rotation at X time for the sake of doing marginally more damage over the course of the raid night.

I understand your point Penguin, and I may just juggle some reforges around a bit, but right now, reforging that ring for example, would put me over cap by about 35 hit. That's just wasted stat budget. Perhaps a changed gem or some such minor tweak would make it a bit easier. I use the simc numbers as a guideline... that and the fact many good warlocks are running touch below cap.

Reforge the 28 hit out of your wand instead of the mastery and you'll only be 7 hit over the cap

Now, hit rating aside, my "theoretical" max dps in my gear is around 24k. What else can I do to inch closer to that ideal number?

I'll be damned Sillyputty... that site is so incredibly convenient. Thank you. I made the suggested changes. Now what else can I do as far as rotation, etc. Does the log I posted show any glaring deficiencies?

No more napkin math for my reforging I guess. When I compare my logs to other top warlocks I don't seem to be doing anything drastically different. I'm just bashing my head against a ceramic ashtray trying to squeeze another couple thousand dps out of this guy.

Excellent, thanks mate. Now I have something to work on.