Thread: Re: GW2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Re: GW2

Ok, I've been reading up and checking places about the 'hype' behind GW2, and it's 2011/2012 release. One thing I don't quite understand.

If NCsoft is making/publishing/checking spelling errors/drawing pictures or anything for this game, why is this not classified as a 'Eastern MMO?!'

Y'all remember how 'revolutionary' Aion was gonna be over here.

(Oh and btw, I'm not making fun of Aion or NCsoft, as they literally have cleaned up that game to an amazing state, pity there's 5 servers left, cause it's actually better than WoW, IMO now)

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    If NCsoft is making/publishing/checking spelling errors/drawing pictures or anything for this game, why is this not classified as a 'Eastern MMO?!'
    Because NCSoft isn't making it, Arenanet are and they are an American company. NCSoft is just the publisher and are giving Arenanet free reign to do what they want and release when they want.
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2011-04-23 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    Ye ArenaNet are making the game and doing an amazing job so far.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ArenaNet is making the game not NCSoft and ArenaNet is an american company located in Bellevue, Washington. NCSoft funds ArenaNet and the developers already said how grateful they are to have NCSoft as a publisher because they have a lot of freedom and no set deadlines.

Guild Wars 2 is a Western MMO, it is not an Eastern MMO. There is almost no grind and there are no quests except in personal story. The whole game is built around open world events and team play.

Most people think it is another Aion/L2 because NCSoft is publishing it and because the art design is similar, but the game is nothing like Aion or L2. GW2 can't be compared to any other MMO because it is going in a whole new direction of others and ArenaNet has lot of new ideas and improvements in the game. This doesn't mean the game is going to be the best MMO ever, but it could have the potential to be one of the best.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-04-23 at 11:37 PM.

Design is Aion/L2, just characters finally got caucasian heads, and plate bikinis became less ornate. Animations, postures, and general proportions are stock NCSoft models.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2011-04-23 at 11:23 PM. Reason: emphasis added

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Design is Aion/L2, just characters finally got caucasian heads, and plate bikinis became less ornate. Animations, postures, and general proportions are stock NCSoft models.
    NCSoft has !!!NOTHING!!! to do with Guild Wars 2, except printing and shipping the physical boxes.

They don't even share any code or assets. They are in essence two different developers.

You are talking bullshit.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 has a whole different art team from L2/Aion, so I don't know how you can say they are using the same models. Actually play both games before you say something completely false. Just because a game doesn't follow the art direction of WoW doesn't mean it is following the direct of NCSoft.

NCSoft owns ArenaNet and publishes the game, but they do not take part in the design.
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-04-23 at 11:55 PM.

"omg GW2 is gunna sux cuz NCsoft made it!"

--Not developed by NCsoft.--
    haters gonna hate.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Deleted
    well if they're from aion then they got awesome stock models

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    "omg titen end diublo 3 is gonne sux thei is uesng stock mdlz from giuter hiro.!!! its maked from teh activision"

hands down, they show one boss battle and im sold. There has NEVER been such a boss in wow that makes me feel little, EVER.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    "omg titen end diublo 3 is gonne sux thei is uesng stock mdlz from giuter hiro.!!! its maked from teh activision"
    idd his logic is super childish

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eec003 View Post
    hands down, they show one boss battle and im sold. There has NEVER been such a boss in wow that makes me feel little, EVER.
    Yes, from what I've seen you are actually immersed in the game, which is something i haven't yet experienced in any other mmorpg

The Guardian Profession made my balls drop. Meaning, I went from playing a goofy cartoon Paladin in WoW for 4 years (which I thought was a badass class) to witnessing the true form of Paladin/Templar/Guardian fury.

I'm f***ing sold.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Y'all remember how 'revolutionary' Aion was gonna be over here.
    As far as I know, Aion was a very big hit over there and still has a massive following.

Can someone make a official GW2 thread already so we don't need a new one every day?

Can't wait for this games release. From what has been seen so far, looks AMAZING. Wootsauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    As far as I know, Aion was a very big hit over there and still has a massive following.
    You must be Korean/Eastern then, cause, Aion NA will soon be down to 4 servers.

I'm not meaning the comparison between Aion/GW2 to be condescending....I still play/love Aion (now that they fixed it)....it was more wondering that if Aion was gonna be 'groundbreaking PvPvE content' and a 'sure thing,' isn't that the same thing people are saying about GW2, except swap 'PvPvE' with 'non-linear character progression.'

I surely will be buying GW2 to play along side Aion, I was just wondering the hand NCsoft had in it.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Can someone make a official GW2 thread already so we don't need a new one every day?
    For once I agree with you.
    But hey, at least it doesn't look like this yet!
    (picture from llDemonll)

That's like saying that Blizzard games are French because Vivendi is a French company.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I also support this message.

Let's see how long it'll take to top the Rift ones # of posts.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog