Thread: add on issues

add on issues

for some reason i have been having add on issues and iv tried deleting my interface and WTF folders to resolve it but that doesnt work. DMB doesnt load in most instances, atlasloot wont load on some toons and some toons it will, i dont know what else to do. it all started when i switched from installing them manually to using the curse client. can anyone tell me how to fix this or how to reinstall everything to start from scratch?

It sounds like you have your Curse Client misconfigured.

Open it up, and on the left, verify that you don't see two copies of World of Warcraft under My Games. Rightclick the copy and check Options to see the filepath and make sure it's correct.

Also can you say what your Install Path is, and what OS you use?

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

i have windows 7 home premium and my install path is C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\WorldofWarcraft\ and i only have one world of warcraft under my games. i don't have it set up to install separately either

The best choice is probably to move your WoW installation out of Program Files and to a new location.

Most new installs will direct it to example:
    Code:
    C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\
    My guess is your addons are stored in the VirtualStore; check this location for them:

Code:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft
    I recommend merging them into your new location with your new WoW directory. You don't need to reinstall anything, you can safely just Move your folders to a new location on your Hard Drive without registry issues to speak of.

Once you're all settled in a new location I recommend continuing to use Curse Client to update and add new addons regularly, it will solve all of your problems.

i tried to find the appdata folder but i cannot find it...im not very computer saavy really...so if you could break it down for me on what to do step by step that would really help, thank you

Hold Windows Key+E to open up Windows Explorer, and navigate through each folder starting from C: to Users to your personal username, Appdata etc. until the World of Warcraft folder to find this path:

Folder #1
    Code:
    C:\Users\(your personal username)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft
    Once you find that, open up a new Windows Explorer window and find your World of Warcraft Installation Directory in

Folder #2
    Code:
    C:\Program Files(x86)\World of Warcraft\
    and move Folder #1 into this folder so the locations match up.

Then open a new Windows Explorer, go to C:, Users, Public, rightclick in a blank area in the window and go down to New -> Folder, call it Games, so the final location would be

Folder#3
    Code:
    C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\
    and move your entire Folder #2 into this new Folder #3 location.

there is no appdata folder in my username nor is it in administrator, so what do i do now?

So then, with the Windows Explorer window open again, click the Organize button in the blue menu bar, Layout and Folder Options, View Tab, and where it says Hidden Files and Folders click the button to Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

Also you can open the Appdata\Local by going to Start, Run - and typing in %localappdata%.

ok so the hidden folder thing worked, i cut and copied the first world of warcraft folder and pasted it into the program files and replaced all the files in it with the first one from the app data folder. i then moved that folder into the Games folder and changed my destination in my curse client, but when i log into wow and try to click on atlasloot...nothing pops up, i can just click on the icon and i tried typing /atlasloot and /al but it still doesnt come up....

Okay so now that all the locations are squared away have you tried going into the Curse Client, and completely uninstalling an addon then reinstalling it to see if it fixes it?

not yet, ill try that now

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 01:59 PM ----------

omg....ty sooooo much, this has been driving me nuts for weeks now!! its totally fixed ><