Poll: Celtic or Rangers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Diouf is Ok, at least a much better replacement than Maurice Edu, a horrible player

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    Ano, ano Rangers fans have a bad enough name down in England and spain and prolly were ever use have been and still they don't give a fuck what they do to make the fan base look like a right bunch of cunts.
    I know all Rangers fans arn't bitter bastards but the sad thing is the majority are, just the way there brought up. you must be in the small sound majority if your saying that.

I do laugh at Rangers fans when they say "Celtic fans are just as bad as us" which is total bullshit.

And btw I dont give a fuck about football anymore, load a boring shite. Just wanted to see who liked who on MMO since Celtic and Rangers are known all over!
    Celtic fans are as bad, if not worse than Rangers at times. Protests every Rememberance Day weekend (including one in the past couple of years calling British soldiers murderers on said day - forgetting completely that they died during WW2 to GIVE them the freedom to say it), songs about the IRA, making aeroplanes behind Claudio Reyna after 9/11. It happens in all sports teams support, but the difference is figuring out between the cunts (i.e. the ones mentioned) & the decent supporters.

Truth be told, for 90 minutes, i despise everything associated with Celtic, will refuse to speak to any Celtic supporters i know (including family!) & would happily sell them down the Clyde for a result, but Scotland's a small place so after the game is finished that's it, bragging rights for a week post match then wait for the next one. The problem is that people insist on bringing religion into the game - truth is 99% of them on both sides who'll give it the sectarian pish haven't been near a Church/Chapel for anything other than weddings, christenings or funerals in years, so it's a bit bloody pointless to me. That's a societal problem which will never be fixed, you could honestly write a library worth of books on it and never find a cure for it which is pathetic - and worse still the fact that those of us who genuinely don't see the religious aspect are tarred with the same brush as those who do!

I'm not buying for a moment the whole "minority of fans" arguments either, i've been at Ibrox, seen & heard what goes on there, and trust me, it's not a minority of the 40,000+ people singing sectarian songs, it's a majority and in all my years of going to the football i've seen ONE person arrested for sectarian abuse. (that guy shouted ftp at the top of his voice directly at a police officer!) The club (and i can only speak from Rangers' side since i don't go to Celtic games) ARE doing everything they can to do something about it with announcements & warnings - i've got my wee blue book beside me with all the songs we can sing oddly enough - but short of getting them all out there's not a damn thing more they can do.

But yeah, honestly i don't "hate" Celtic fans/players, i'll noise them up (and they'll do likewise) what i do have a dislike for is Celtic FC - that's just the entity not the components (with the exception of Celtic Park - second worst professional stadium i've ever been in).

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 03:16 PM ----------

and Edu's been posted missing since about February 2010, runs around the place & does fuck all else, Diouf well, he's just a prick but i'd rather have a blind, deaf & lame version of either man compared to Kyle fucking Lafferty!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtic because it sounds cool.

Deleted
    I'm a fan of not being Scottish, and an even bigger fan of not watching any Scottish football, seriously its worse than championship football.

Most of my family support Rangers... personally I am not a fan of Football though so I don't care much But my hubby is a Celtic supporter, I do enjoy Old Firm games though, mainly cause it's an excuse to get our friends over and I get to fuss and cook for them :P

EDIT: Also not all Rangers and Celtic fans are yobs. Some actually just enjoy the sport, and aren't biggots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Rangers 100% of the way, getting more than a bit pissed off with the fucking inbreds who are sending these bullets/parcell bombs, no need for that pish and WHEN they're caught they should be dealt with the way they want to mete out judgement - open a bomb in their face and see how them cunts like it.
    exactly - rangers get a bad name - but were not the ones blowing people up - we should ban them and there terrorist pals from the game tbh

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 03:24 PM ----------

Celtic fans are as bad, if not worse than Rangers at times. Protests every Rememberance Day weekend (including one in the past couple of years calling British soldiers murderers on said day - forgetting completely that they died during WW2 to GIVE them the freedom to say it), songs about the IRA, making aeroplanes behind Claudio Reyna after 9/11. It happens in all sports teams support, but the difference is figuring out between the cunts (i.e. the ones mentioned) & the decent supporters.

Truth be told, for 90 minutes, i despise everything associated with Celtic, will refuse to speak to any Celtic supporters i know (including family!) & would happily sell them down the Clyde for a result, but Scotland's a small place so after the game is finished that's it, bragging rights for a week post match then wait for the next one. The problem is that people insist on bringing religion into the game - truth is 99% of them on both sides who'll give it the sectarian pish haven't been near a Church/Chapel for anything other than weddings, christenings or funerals in years, so it's a bit bloody pointless to me. That's a societal problem which will never be fixed, you could honestly write a library worth of books on it and never find a cure for it which is pathetic - and worse still the fact that those of us who genuinely don't see the religious aspect are tarred with the same brush as those who do!

I'm not buying for a moment the whole "minority of fans" arguments either, i've been at Ibrox, seen & heard what goes on there, and trust me, it's not a minority of the 40,000+ people singing sectarian songs, it's a majority and in all my years of going to the football i've seen ONE person arrested for sectarian abuse. (that guy shouted ftp at the top of his voice directly at a police officer!) The club (and i can only speak from Rangers' side since i don't go to Celtic games) ARE doing everything they can to do something about it with announcements & warnings - i've got my wee blue book beside me with all the songs we can sing oddly enough - but short of getting them all out there's not a damn thing more they can do.

But yeah, honestly i don't "hate" Celtic fans/players, i'll noise them up (and they'll do likewise) what i do have a dislike for is Celtic FC - that's just the entity not the components (with the exception of Celtic Park - second worst professional stadium i've ever been in).

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 03:16 PM ----------

and Edu's been posted missing since about February 2010, runs around the place & does fuck all else, Diouf well, he's just a prick but i'd rather have a blind, deaf & lame version of either man compared to Kyle fucking Lafferty!
    people try to make out like its rangers fault - its not, its all these nutty irish men getting pissed and singing about there independant country.... when there in the uk

Deleted
    neither...sheffield wednesday ftw!!! up the owls!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    exactly - rangers get a bad name - but were not the ones blowing people up - we should ban them and there terrorist pals from the game tbh

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 03:24 PM ----------

people try to make out like its rangers fault - its not, its all these nutty irish men getting pissed and singing about there independant country.... when there in the uk
    Typical Rangers fan.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    Didn't make it clear enough :P
    Ah... well, in that case, I have no bloody clue. XD

I saw Celtics and assumed it was Basketball because that's like one of the three sports teams I actually know.

Deleted
    How does it have anything to do with irish? Since lennon played for the north not the republic we wouldn't give a shit, sure there are some IRA fanbois on both rangers and celtics side, but don't go taring the irish cause of the scottish hatred for each other when it comes down to the old firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrygosa View Post
    How does it have anything to do with irish? Since lennon played for the north not the republic we wouldn't give a shit, sure there are some IRA fanbois on both rangers and celtics side, but don't go taring the irish cause of the scottish hatred for each other when it comes down to the old firm.
    1000lb bag of fail in one post!

Deleted
    1000lb bag of fail in one post!
    Care to explain? Rather then post random fail quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrygosa View Post
    Care to explain? Rather then post random fail quote.
    For a start, you'll find there are only "IRA fanbois" on one side of the Old Firm secondarily there are a number of Northern Irish people who still self identify as "Irish" (much in the same way that some of us prefer to self identify as Scottish as opposed to the politically true British). The issue at hand is not about Lennon's nationality rather than his religion, truth is he could be a German (no offense intended) and he'd still get the grief he does because of the fact there is a portion of society who are too close to scum levels to understand that because the guy happens to be a catholic is NOT a reasonable excuse to dislike the man.

That would explain the random, cliched if not 100% undeniably true quote about your post being a 1000lb bag of fail.

Deleted
    If you read my first post, I was defending my people, the irish, when someone thought or was appropriate to insult the "nutty irish people" singing about our independence in the uk, yet if he knew anything he would know the reason some irish people are still pissed off about the fact we our country (some not all)

And no, it's not just on the celtic side, why would there own fans do that to there manager?

Deleted
    I am a Nottingham Forest fan, bet you couldn't tell. But I would rather have Rangers win the title because I just prefer the whole surrounding. Never known why but the name just fits for me! Although, the Celtic fans were fantastic when I went to watch Forest in a pres season friendly at Motherwell (they came to see Neil Lennon) Great banter!

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt theres any "IRA fan boys" on the rangers side as Rangers fans well most of them see them selves as "Brittish" (uck). and the Brittish wouldnt support the IRA now would they ... your thinking of the UVF (fanbois... jesus why did you say fan boys when talkin about this stuff...) so aye basicly.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

From someone that has a lot of experience with Glasgow and how the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers has shaped the city my only opinion regarding the teams is this: the world would be a better place without them. The Old Firm is a national disgrace. I'm only sorry that the deal for Celtic and Rangers to go join the premier league fell through - now we're stuck with the sickness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Partick Thistle