I think whats turning me off atm is the lag but thats to be expected. Things will be much funnier once its smooth.

ok, i#m giving it up for today good night, and they better fix those issues until i get back up in aprox 8,5 hours

I think i made a mistake....i chose the wrong homeworld....Sea of Sorrows is unplayable lol, way too many people
    I dont need revenge, I need redemption

whelp got kicked and now im getting errors. gonna take a shower and eat lol. Game was fun. Played up through the first 4 hearts with a human necro and mesmer and was about to do the same with a norn ranger. Saving the char engineer for last (most likely will end up being my main).

Going to call it a day, hopefully tomorrow it will be better.

As a side note: damn, I'm actually in love with my Charr female... that means more doubts on what to pick when the game comes live x).

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts Van View Post
    I think i made a mistake....i chose the wrong homeworld....Sea of Sorrows is unplayable lol, way too many people
    I play on Ruins of Ssomething.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

Lion's Arch... HOLYASDGHJHOIHGFAIOGOLP

Oh my god. Holy shit, for real. Like...

Dang those lag spikes have killed me quite a few times now.

Just me or is that Shaman near the Charr starting area a little overtuned? I know he's level 10 but his spells more or less 1shots everyone.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Avuun View Post
    You should be able to hide it I think as on your character screen you can right click your helm and select' Hide Helm'.
    I don't think I was able to right click my helm but the face painting is actually just an item you can drag into your bags. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Dang those lag spikes have killed me quite a few times now.

Just me or is that Shaman near the Charr starting area a little overtuned? I know he's level 10 but his spells more or less 1shots everyone.
    I'm guessing it was overtuned because it scaled way too much when there were 50 people all there... it was nonetheless super fun to manage to kill her anyways.

On that note, I'm astounded how well the game runs when an area is overrun with players all firing off spells. I have a fairly clunky machine, but it's running very well even when things are a mess of players.

One more thing.

OMFG IT'S SO GOOD. I've just been exploring and doing events wherever I see them crop up, trying to revive players all over the place. It's a tough game, that's for sure, very easy to get overwhelmed and die if you're not careful.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-04-27 at 10:15 PM.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Stop taunting us :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Lion's Arch... HOLYASDGHJHOIHGFAIOGOLP

Oh my god. Holy shit, for real. Like...
    You can get there from a portal in the main cities, correcto?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    You can get there from a portal in the main cities, correcto?
    I know you can get there from "The Mist" via an portal. It's really fucking GORGEOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I know you can get there from "The Mist" via an portal. It's really fucking GORGEOUS!
    Gonna do it tomorrow. Them America companies just doesn't keep the Europe part of things stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    On that note, I'm astounded how well the game runs when an area is overrun with players all firing off spells. I have a fairly clunky machine, but it's running very well even when things are a mess of players.
    No offense, but... speak for yourself. :P

It does run better than I'd expect WoW to run in the same situation, but it still gets a bit choppy. Maybe it's just cause the server I'm on is full. Though really my main complaint is the scaling of events. With like 30 to 50 people in an area, the problem I have is that mobs just kinda... explode. You barely get to blink at them. All I had to do to get a gold medal was, as a Thief, put on my Shortbow and spam my #1 and #2 for all the AoE I can muster. I didn't do anything that actually felt threatening or challenging.

Hopefully it's just so easy because the scaling needs to be properly tuned. Even for being below level 10, it feels too easy... not because I'm skilled, but because mobs die too quickly for me to really care what I'm doing.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-27 at 10:29 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

In again, still a bit laggy, but manageable, still averaging 40-50 fps when not a lot is going down.

Guys that got in, I hope you're giving feedback to ANet. Especially the scaling issues etc.

Definately doing so!

Shit looks awesome, still very fun even with lag/freezes and a DC just now.
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R - PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 - CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz - CPU Cooler: Zulaman CNPS10X Performa with 2 coolers -Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H - Memory: 2x Corsair 4 GB DDR3 - GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X - Monitor 1: Asus VE247H- Monitor 2: Acer X243W
    PlayStation 4 Username: Blattardos - games: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - BF4 - Infamous Second Son - The Last Of Us Remastered

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Guys that got in, I hope you're giving feedback to ANet. Especially the scaling issues etc.
    I haven't given much feedback other than those ratings they ask for.
    Currently there a massive lag spikes making it very hard to gauge if it was supposed to be hard or just the lag mucking it up.

The biggest "bugs" I've come across where mostly with story missions, often it won't invite your party members inside and if you do manage to get them inside some of the triggers seem to be off.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2012-04-27 at 10:36 PM.

Hey everyone, we have an update for you on World selection and transfers. In order to test transfers and world balance, from Friday, April 27 at 15:00 PDT to Saturday, April 28 at 18:00 PDT, players will have free and unrestricted World transfers. ~RB2
    Just saw that on facebook and did not see anything here about it so sorry if i just missed it =P.