Meh, this is getting ridiculous. 13h in Beta, I still can't log in.

I did that as well. Theres a few portals there when I went back I went through the one "Eternal Battleground" and got myself some PvP action. My FPS was no worse than some of the DEs thankfully as it was a concern of mine.

Thanks for those screenies Fencers, the game looks amazing on max settings, time to upgrade my system, Im jelly!

Game is fun.

However, Im having some issues with performance, I run a [email protected] and a GTX 680, but Im having issues getting past 40 frames with everything on max, my card is only at 45-47% load according to MSI afterburn overlay - so Im suspecting its just a optimizing issue since its beta... anyone els had issues with performance?

Guys, can you use Trading Post? (O > third one at left)

I need a Vial of Weak Blood to make an axe, but I can't buy one. I'll pay 50 copper for each in Gandara btw. Just PM me here for IGN.

I cant get past the character selection screen. Its making me a very sad char...see what I did there..could have gone with panda but I didnt!

Quote Originally Posted by Raarup View Post
    Game is fun.

However, Im having some issues with performance, I run a [email protected] and a GTX 680, but Im having issues getting past 40 frames with everything on max, my card is only at 45-47% load according to MSI afterburn overlay - so Im suspecting its just a optimizing issue since its beta... anyone els had issues with performance?
    Probably, also they did say the game is being optimized for CPU for the BETA. May have something to do with it as well, you have a good CPU, but shit happens lol

@Dantom06, Oh so you're another potential recruit for "The Slayers of the Twenty One" ?

I just logged on and have a 3 character now, after having difficulties last night.
    Now I can't logon anymore, I'm stuck at the characterscreen! Anyone having this problem too?

Casual gamer says no to Guild Wars 2 in first 5 minutes

Tried the beta weekend on a friends pre-purchase account.

My gf (who's a huge World of Warcraft fan), played for the first 3 levels and said she:
    *didn't like the graphics (she likes cartoony WoW style)
    *too twitchy (I think she means too much movement and button mashing for a casual gamer)

She gave the game on her 1-10 scale a weak 4.

Therefore, on this extremely accurate casual gamer sample size of 1, I predict that Guild Wars 2 will be a niche game for serious gamers and won't make it in the casual gamer market.

Discuss.

Log-in screen has some issues at the moment yes. Shouldn't be too long until it's fixed.

Tomoko Eternal Life, Kilik Eternal Sun, Eira Frozen Hearted, Ashara Emberlight,
    Vuug The Deceiver, Grash Gravebuilder, Asgaut Divine Soul, Lera Dreamstealer

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post

My gf (who's a huge World of Warcraft fan), played for the first 3 levels and said she:
    *too twitchy (I think she means too much movement and button mashing for a casual gamer)

Therefore, on this extremely accurate casual gamer sample size of 1, I predict that Guild Wars 2 will be a niche game for serious gamers and won't make it in the casual gamer market.

Discuss.
    It has nothing to do with being casual or hardcore. She doesn't like the combat. There's no such thing as casual combat or casual graphics...

I don't consider myself a hardcore MMO player, and I think GW2 is great. So there goes your theory right out the window.

Am I the only one that thinks ranger pets die really fast in certain situations, and just follows you in the fight, reminding you that you don't give full damage. They are pretty annoying to keep control of too. Does anybody know if that get's better in higher levels?

Also, Romeox83, keep pushing. You know why it's hard? As Arena Net said, "Endgame starts in level 1(2)." While you can argue about how true this is, some of the flavor of it is there. I t can be hard to get into, but just keep trying. I got more fun for me in level 5-6.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-04-28 at 11:59 AM.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

Discuss.
    Because casual gamers don't like to use more than 5 spells am I right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks ranger pets die really fast in certain situations, and just follows you in the fight, reminding you that you don't give full damage. They are pretty annoying to keep control of too. Does anybody know if that get's better in higher levels?
    I just avoid pet classes in general. No matter what the game, they always seem to have similar issues. (dumb AI, dying all the time, gimping yourself, ect.)

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I just avoid pet classes in general. No matter what the game, they always seem to have similar issues. (dumb AI, dying all the time, gimping yourself, ect.)
    Always thought WoW pets were fine and simple, but you did have a lot of abilities to help you in WoW, we only got 5 here (that has a likely potential as pet tools.)

Guess I will try to make an Engineer, but quick question, has anybody tried two or all races personal story (at least some of it), and which is more fun, Norn or Human?
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Always thought WoW pets were fine and simple, but you did have a lot of abilities to help you in WoW, we only got 5 here (that has a likely potential as pet tools.)

Guess I will try to make an Engineer, but quick question, has anybody tried two or all races personal story (at least some of it), and which is more fun, Norn or Human?
    That's all personally. The storylines are all fun to play, if you liek the race.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    @Dantom06, Oh so you're another potential recruit for "The Slayers of the Twenty One" ?
    What do you mean ? Im still trying to Log on I wanna play so bad !

Discuss.

LOL!! I'm casual (no choice there any more) and I'm female, and i love GW2.. So far.. t's ok for her not to like it- everyone has their own opinion, but it's not ok for you to make such a grand generalisation based on 1 review O.o