Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    combat for melee is pretty retarded. can't tell what you're hitting with 200x spells going on, being knocked down etc.

quests, as usual, boring as fuck. dynamic events weren't all that engaging at all, at least below lvl10.

pvp was damn good though, minus the melee part and the downed state is pretty stupid to have in pvp
    any game, not even a mmo game, ANY game does not favor melee. look at raids in wow, or melee in gw1. its impossible for melee to do anything helpful in your [arty but to buff. they gave you bows and guns, wsitch to them and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Sold my account on ebay. Too bad i was REALLY looking forward to this one.

What a disappointment....
    That is... the most hilarious thing I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by agracul View Post
    any game, not even a mmo game, ANY game does not favor melee. look at raids in wow, or melee in gw1. its impossible for melee to do anything helpful in your [arty but to buff. they gave you bows and guns, wsitch to them and enjoy.
    i can give 2shits about killing dragons in pve. gw2 is a pvp based game, they need to look into melee situation, especially in wvwvw.

gw2 is a pvp based game
    Wow people still believe this?

L-o-v-i-n-g i-t.

Only thing bothering me at the moment is that my friend that was going to play with me hasn't been able to log in yet, because he's getting that "21" error which is affecting mostly people from the middle-east.

i can give 2shits about killing dragons in pve.
    So you do care?

This game is the biggest disappointment i have ever had in my gaming-life.
    Boring combat system.
    Boring pvp.
    Boring story.
    Boring quests.
    Boring skills.

Sold my account on ebay. Too bad i was REALLY looking forward to this one.

What a disappointment....
    Not sure i-

Nevermind. Bye.

gw2 is a pvp based game'
    Sure.. and pigs fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Not sure i-

Nevermind. Bye.
    Larynx... you just made my day. I laughed.

This game is already in beta so dont expect big changes for release.
    Beta is made to test and polish already implemented features.

Why combat system is boring? Well, i can only speak for melee cause i dont like ranged classes. You stand there, you got 5 attacking skills which all look exactly the same.
    You cant avoid shit cause everything is squishy and retarded. You stand there, autoattack, push 1 of your 4 left attacking buttons when off cd and needed. Avoid
    aoe stuff which is shown as a red circle on the ground. Well. And thats it. After 1 hour i had all Skills with sword and hammer and i was like... wtf.. this is it? Thats all?

Its not like i want to troll this game or something. Dont get me wrong. I was really looking forward. I was hyped. I watched tons of movies.
    I payed 50€. And i couldnt wait to play it. But in all honesty, this game sucks and like i said before, it wont change till release because it cant.

Not only is melee tough in pvp but pve as well. Ignorance is bliss.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...rrible_in_pve/

I've been seeing people with huge flaming swords or some sort of huge 2hander that looks like Nightmare's from Soul Calibur. What are they and where are they getting them from?!?

Everyone seems to be having so much fun in beta, wish I could play too... :<

Promoting this cool GW2 PvP stream: www.twitch.tv/alphacollective
    Great guys (and gurl), experienced PvP players.
    Heyoo!

This game is already in beta so dont expect big changes for release.
    Beta is made to test and polish already implemented features.

Why combat system is boring? Well, i can only speak for melee cause i dont like ranged classes. You stand there, you got 5 attacking skills which all look exactly the same.
    You cant avoid shit cause everything is squishy and retarded. You stand there, autoattack, push 1 of your 4 left attacking buttons when off cd and needed. Avoid
    aoe stuff which is shown as a red circle on the ground. Well. And thats it. After 1 hour i had all Skills with sword and hammer and i was like... wtf.. this is it? Thats all?

Its not like i want to troll this game or something. Dont get me wrong. I was really looking forward. I was hyped. I watched tons of movies.
    I payed 50€. And i couldnt wait to play it. But in all honesty, this game sucks and like i said before, it wont change till release because it cant.
    Yes, all valid concerns, but stating opinion as a fact and saying a game 'sucks' and 'boring' and selling it on ebay is just a bit... asking for it no?
    I can understand it's not up for your likings, but many are liking it, perhaps if you post constructively by explaining it at first people wouldn't think you were trolling.

Its not like i want to troll this game or something.
    Lol... so you think you're some kind of trolling super hero for the greater good? Please go on, this is entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Sure.. and pigs fly.
    They do...with a little help

Not only is melee tough in pvp but pve as well. Ignorance is bliss.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...rrible_in_pve/
    From Warrior PoV I find this utterly stupid and not true.
    I learned (hard way) that some NPCs are easier killed in melee than range and vice versa. Had better results going melee on some mobs/packs while on others with ranged.
    Lvl18-20xp with this.

Translation: I cant faceroll anymore. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Sure.. and pigs fly.
    Angry birds begs to differ~

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    I learned (hard way) that some NPCs are easier killed in melee than range and vice versa. Had better results going melee on some mobs/packs while on others with ranged.
    Lvl18-20xp with this.

Yeah, I was destroying people with my greatsword warrior. pve events can be a little wonky for melee, but that's about all the grips I have for melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Lvl18-20xp with this.

I agree, I use my greatsword 80% of the time on my warrior, and I kill mobs a lot faster than when I use bow or rifle, and I hardy ever die.

I do find the game quite a bit harder than most mmo's at this level though, maybe some people just have trouble learning melee in this game
    Monk, I need a monk!!!