1. #2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It's going to be alot harder to balance actually. Theres many more options for GW2 compared to GW1.
    We will see. i have faith they will do a fine job balancing, should be easy since they are keeping PVP and PVE seperate.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 01:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Armond View Post
    Team synergy has absolutely nothing to do with secondary professions, though.
    Yes you are correct.

  2. #2022
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    We will see. i have faith they will do a fine job balancing, should be easy since they are keeping PVP and PVE seperate.
    They did that in GW1, and it still proved difficult. Your jumping the gun alittle bit too much.

  3. #2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    They did that in GW1, and it still proved difficult. Your jumping the gun alittle bit too much.
    And you have too much doubt.
    Last edited by Blizzcon2011; 2011-05-29 at 05:36 PM.

  4. #2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    And you have too much doubt.
    Well no, I'm just been realistic. Although if you want to insist I'm been doubtful. It's better to doubt then be amazed than to over excited and disappointed.

    You did say you hadn't played GW1, so you can't really compare balance between the two. GW2 may not be out yet, but we know the amount of possiblities compared to GW1 dual professions is an immese amount. With over 87000 possible ability combonations per a profession, it's going to be difficult.

  5. #2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Well no, I'm just been realistic. Although if you want to insist I'm been doubtful. It's better to doubt then be amazed than to over excited and disappointed.

    You did say you hadn't played GW1, so you can't really compare balance between the two. GW2 may not be out yet, but we know the amount of possiblities compared to GW1 dual professions is an immese amount. With over 87000 possible ability combonations per a profession, it's going to be difficult.

    Meh ill be fine with whatever.

  6. #2026
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It's going to be alot harder to balance actually. Theres many more options for GW2 compared to GW1.
    Less, but there will be more viable options.

  7. #2027
    I guess it could be a little challenging to balance because every different weapon combination you equip gives you a set of abilities, so every class has way more than 3 specs.

  8. #2028
    Field Marshal Goronpower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Zora's Domain
    Posts
    75
    I can't wait for this game to come out..... SOMEONE HELP ME im gonna go insane if this game doesn't come out within a week Q_Q.

  9. #2029
    Are there factions in the game? As in, Horde vs Alliance type of thing.

  10. #2030
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    Are there factions in the game? As in, Horde vs Alliance type of thing.
    Well, lore-wise yes. The humans are defending themselves from the charr, the charr want to take over more land, the asura want to control everyone, but there's a truce, so no there's no seperate factions. But that doesn't stop PVP.

  11. #2031
    Forgive me if this was discussed earlier but 100 pages is too many for me to read. What are the thoughts on the last unannounced class? I heard on some GW2 forums people were mentioning mesmer, but I have no experience with the GW franchise so can anyone explain what that is?

    I played EQ1 for years and we had a class called an Enchanter that would 'mesmerize' -- is it something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  12. #2032
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    Are there factions in the game? As in, Horde vs Alliance type of thing.
    No

    /10 char

  13. #2033
    Quote Originally Posted by Goronpower View Post
    I can't wait for this game to come out..... SOMEONE HELP ME im gonna go insane if this game doesn't come out within a week Q_Q.
    Play guild wars 1 and work on HoN D:

  14. #2034
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    Are there factions in the game? As in, Horde vs Alliance type of thing.
    No, every race has banded together now to defeat the evil.

  15. #2035
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Forgive me if this was discussed earlier but 100 pages is too many for me to read. What are the thoughts on the last unannounced class? I heard on some GW2 forums people were mentioning mesmer, but I have no experience with the GW franchise so can anyone explain what that is?

    I played EQ1 for years and we had a class called an Enchanter that would 'mesmerize' -- is it something like that?
    Definitely a Mesmer. I'll copy/past the GW wiki description for you.

    Mesmers are masters of illusion and control, subverting the enemy’s Energy for their own use, and that of their allies. Combined with any other profession, their skills provide excellent support, turning enemies’ powers against them and changing the very fabric of reality to hinder foes and help allies. Mesmers have the ability to cast spells quickly, which can make all the difference in the heat of battle. Their powers of domination allow them to take control of enemy skills and Energy. Their unique illusionary talents can slow or even halt enemy movement and skill casting, or cause imaginary illnesses that drain Health and Energy from foes while healing and energizing allies. While Mesmers are not known for brute strength, their ability to confuse, distract, and drain the enemy’s resources more than compensates.

  16. #2036
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    No, every race has banded together now to defeat the evil.
    So how does PvP actually go following the Lore? Is it every race against each other or?...

  17. #2037
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Definitely a Mesmer. I'll copy/past the GW wiki description for you.

    Nice, thanks! Yeah that sounds exactly like an enchanter from EQ1. Definitely looking forward to GW2 but GW1 did not hold my interest at all. I think lacking the persistent world is what killed it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  18. #2038
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    So how does PvP actually go following the Lore? Is it every race against each other or?...
    Server (World, whatever you want to call it) versus Server versus Server (3 world/servers fighting over territorial control of the Mists). For competitive arena pvp it is team versus team based.

    If you are looking for lore based background for the pvp, it is sketchy at best. But ArenaNet has to balance gameplay versus the lore of the world to make the best game they can.

  19. #2039
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,483
    I think a Battle Mage would fit in this game and it makes me sad there is none.

    Question about classes: I've heard it said that there is a defending degree of difficulty for playing each class, and the order they were released in has something to do with it. Can you give a list of the classes in order if what's supposed to be easiest to hardest? Thanks.

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  20. #2040
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I think a Battle Mage would fit in this game and it makes me sad there is none.

    Question about classes: I've heard it said that there is a defending degree of difficulty for playing each class, and the order they were released in has something to do with it. Can you give a list of the classes in order if what's supposed to be easiest to hardest? Thanks.
    It's meant to be true, but by how complex each is.

    It's like Warrior, Elementist, Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Theif, Engineer and Mesmer.

    Although some people seem to think because they said the more complex professions were released later, that the eariler ones are easy to master.


    Also, battle mage would fit into Ele kind of. Earth Elementist is there to take some beatings!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •